aberdeen-music

Bands you would like to check out but havent?

Hog

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

Anyone interested in Radio Lucifer will be able to catch us at Dr Drakes, with the mighty RAT DADDY! (http://www.ratdaddy.co.uk/) plus one other TBC, on Friday 9th July.

I downloaded a few Rat Daddy MP3's to fully refresh memory, even though I've seen them about 3 times. How fantasticly wonderful is "Rock Bastard", it's such an anthem. It features two of my favourite song lines ever created -

1: "Now you can shoot your mouth behind my back, I'll still rock you like a heart attack".

2: "I've been meat-eating, Vodka drinking all my life, and I love it"

Genius!

On top of Radio Lucifer, I also want to see the Tijuana Switchblades how I'm sure have deliberately managed to thus far schedule their shows on the most inconvienient nights possible for me. The Mp3's however sound divine, so I will do my best to get to their next gig, even if it means missing my own wedding (which is unlikely as I'm not getting married)

Hot Mangu

Spike Pile Driver

The new Element 106

Deadloss Superstar

And for all you people who want to see REAP live then come to the Moorings Bar on June 12th and we will be there with Addicted to Chaos and Element 106 (so a couple of you guys can kill more than one bird with one stone). Check out our site also and listen to some clips of our songs (details below)

Cheers all!!!:band:

Originally posted by Swingin' Ryan:

I downloaded a few Rat Daddy MP3's to fully refresh memory, even though I've seen them about 3 times. How fantasticly wonderful is "Rock Bastard", it's such an anthem. It features two of my favourite song lines ever created -

1: "Now you can shoot your mouth behind my back, I'll still rock you like a heart attack".

2: "I've been meat-eating, Vodka drinking all my life, and I love it"

Genius!

RD are quite easily one this country's best acts, and fine gentlemen to boot. I played 'Rock Bastard' at Air Guitar this Saturday past, and I imagine I'll singing it with 'em in July. Their cover of Zodiac Mindwarp's 'Spasm Gang' is unbelievably great. Can't wait to hear their new stuff too.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Aberdeen needs more punk/HC/noise/grind bands. All you chaps and chapesses can see the Spike Boys at Moshulu on Thursday 1st July.

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Gilman St

Spike Piledriver

- embarassed to say I have not yet seen either!

Also the new element 106 (saw the old version many times)

Apologies Hog my friend but soon!

Its cool man:cheers:

Spike are playing a fudge gig on the 1st of July, hopefully with a few new song (but nobody will probably be able to tell the difference)

Element 106 are playing June the 12th at the Moorings (were starting to sound a bit different compared to old E106, hopefully airing 2 new songs, one in a Paradise Lost style, the other with a weird prog riff!)

Photos.........Mr Quik, just let me know when u want them done man. Jeez Im busy, going to be doing photos for the Real Shocks and Black Atom soon too.

:rockon:

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

RD are quite easily one this country's best acts, and fine gentlemen to boot. I played 'Rock Bastard' at Air Guitar this Saturday past, and I imagine I'll singing it with 'em in July. Their cover of Zodiac Mindwarp's 'Spasm Gang' is unbelievably great. Can't wait to hear their new stuff too.

Incidentally, we're looking for another band to play on the 9th July at Drakes, preferably someone with a reasonable draw, of the rock or punk variety with a bit of melody and bollocks. Any takers?

Guest neil ex

cuts, real shocks, maiden taiwan in particular i think, any local band i haven't seen really.

bands i'd like to see again are hookers green no 1, politik and i'd like to see if spike pile driver are still as funny/shambolic as they were when they made their debut appearance at the anti-war gig at drummonds.

Originally posted by neil ex:

cuts, real shocks, maiden taiwan in particular i think, any local band i haven't seen really.

bands i'd like to see again are hookers green no 1, politik and i'd like to see if spike pile driver are still as funny/shambolic as they were when they made their debut appearance at the anti-war gig at drummonds.

I reckon we are even worse now :laughing:

Real Shocks are ace.... like a heavy Blonde, Maiden Taiwan are ace too, nice guys as well. Cuts, havent heard them but want too:cheers:

Originally posted by neil ex:

I take responsibility for being shambolic we only had like 2 practises !

but they are tighter with their new drummer

Originally posted by Jakey Spike Boy:

Aberdeen needs more punk/HC/noise/grind bands. All you chaps and chapesses can see the Spike Boys at Moshulu on Thursday 1st July.

well man there is more coming .... just have patience lol

Cooked In Cum are soon coming up in the ranks

Early Napalm Death / pig destroyer

Guest Nikola Tesla

I really need to check out spike pile driver an Hearse Crash, but apart from that ive checked out everyone i want to.

Cooked in Cum sound pretty kool Early Napalm Death/Pig destroyer with noise an celtic frost influences :rockon::headbang: