aberdeen-music

[GIG] Kartta + Katerwaul + Greater The Shadow + Fault & Fracture @ The Tunnels

qzdiablo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

myspace links, door times

yes, those are fairly glaring omissions.

the person responsible for making those flyers has been shot.

hopefully, the ensuing murder investigation will not interrupt what should be an great night.

doors are at 8pm, links below:

MySpace.com - Kartta - Aberdeen, UK - Shoegaze / Post punk / Melodramatic Popular Song - www.myspace.com/karttamusic

MySpace.com - Katerwaul - Aberdeen, UK - Alternative / Ambient / Progressive - www.myspace.com/katerwaulmusic

MySpace.com - Greater The Shadow - UK - Rock / Ambient / Other - www.myspace.com/greatertheshadowmakemusic

MySpace.com - Fault & Fracture - Aberdeen, UK - Ambient / Screamo / Shoegaze - www.myspace.com/faultandfractureuk

edit: actually, would a mod be kind enough to stick those links in the initial post? go on...

i'll give you some bloodstained flyers and a gun - shiny, clean, devoid of grime and fingerprints - in return.

Nae so sure about that description of us like. Unless you're going purely by the track on myspace - which we don't play anymore, incidentally - in which case it's a fair enough description.

But that's what you have to live with if you hibernate/fuck about for months at a time without so much as a daily bulletin hyping up your earth-shattering (non-existent) new material, so we can't really complain ;)

More to the point, I'm/we're very much looking forward to this :)

Nae so sure about that description of us like. Unless you're going purely by the track on myspace - which we don't play anymore, incidentally - in which case it's a fair enough description.

But that's what you have to live with if you hibernate/fuck about for months at a time without so much as a daily bulletin hyping up your earth-shattering (non-existent) new material, so we can't really complain ;)

More to the point, I'm/we're very much looking forward to this :)

i can't claim any responsibility for that description. i believe it was written with reference to what you played in the tunnels earlier this year.

personally, i've only overheard snatches of yr newer material but would be more inclined to describe it as "awesome". and yes, "loud" also.

i am looking forward to gaining the ability to form a better description of yr new sound a week on sunday. very much so!

katerwaul recently released a record. delicate piano lines and vocals sandwiched between monstrous, feedback-drenched walls of guitar. it's very good. does anyone know if there are there going to be any copies for sale at this gig? it translates pretty well to a live setting too.

and kartta, they make quality pop music with interesting structures and they get rad noises out of their guitars. they will be on last so i am going to drink profusely and then dance to their set because a lot of their tunes are pretty danceable.

you probably knew all this already, i just wrote that in case you didn't. this gig will be amazing. you should definitely come. don't just take my word for it, turn up on sunday. if you don't enjoy it you come and tell me i was wrong. (i'll be the one who is drinking, dancing and forming opinions, profusely.)

We will have CDs for sale at this. We are out of the special art work edition though I'm afraid. There are only the 'diet' editions left.

Really really lookin forward to finally seeing Fault & Fracture! I was soooo gutted I missed that gig in the tunnels everyone raved on about. And Greater The Shadow are always awesome as are the mighty kartta. Whom I think should change their name (again) to the that. hmmm "The Mighty Kartta" I'm sure Hugh would love it!

i can't claim any responsibility for that description. i believe it was written with reference to what you played in the tunnels earlier this year.

we're nae really bothered how we're described. i'd much rather people came open-minded and decided for themselves.

i'd probably describe us as pacey, heavy shoegaze with some screamo influence. band-wise probably talking ISIS (oceanic/panopticon), Deftones and Funeral Diner/Envy.

so looking forward to playing too.

Ross just got a new Marshall valve amp too = TONE CITY. yus.

:D

EDIT: thank you for all the nice words, just hope we don't disappoint.

Guest idol_wild

Firstly, I'm glad I'll get the direct opportunity to purchase the Katerwaul EP without lining One Up pockets.

Secondly, we need dancers. It'll be a nice change to have someone dancing to Kartta songs. Apart from us on stage.

This is a good bill. Kartta will be proud to be part of it.

Back-slapping over.

Guest bluesxman
no definite stage times yet but as i understand it kartta will be arriving late, probably won't be playing till after 11

can someone from kartta confirm this?

I'm going to guess that.....Hugh is working elsewhere till 11!

Do I get a prize???