aberdeen-music

[GIG] Kartta + Katerwaul + Greater The Shadow + Fault & Fracture @ The Tunnels

qzdiablo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

Man, can you make the running order slightly later; Kartta have other commitments post-soundcheck and we want to see as much of the other bands as we can!

Please? The Tunnels won't mind, and we don't mind going on slightly later if it means we can see some of everyone else!!

just want to thank all the bands for making it such a great night! i'm sorry i missed fault & fracture and greater the shadow but we had to play that weird charity gig in cellar 35. katerwaul were immense though. my only complaint is the first 'song' felt like 4 different ones played together with no breaks which is what i thought it was until right at the end. sounded amazing though and reminded me of new end original/far.

also have to thank tim katerwaul for leading the dancing for out set. it was amazing looking out and seeing people just getting it. we had an absolute blast! :)

Guest idol_wild
but we had to play that weird charity gig in cellar 35.

Weird is not the word. Let's not do that again in a massive hurry!

But yes, The Tunnels was pretty well attended, so well done to the Greater The Shadow folks for their efforts. :cheers:

Was an awesome night. Great to finally catch Katerwaul who sounded immense. Reminded me of U.S. band Elliot in places but with more delay and chunky blasts of guitar. They just sounded huge!

Just caught the tail end of Greater the Shadow and it was good to see an Aberdeen making that kind of noise. Like to see a whole set.

Kartta had a blast. There were reports that bassist Michael was seen vibrating post gig. That's a good thing.... I think.

Ah just back from work after last night. Could not get out of bed this morning! Last night was fantastic. My throat is so sore from whooping in between bands songs and cheering at the end of sets then fucking my vocal chords completely after our first song. As for that first song, Dave I totally miss understood you last night. It was actually two very loooooooooooooooooooooooooong songs joined together. But not four, that would just be silly.

Fault & Fracture were so good! I was expecting to like them but not expecting to love them. I read the reviews after their first gig, which must have been an off day because last night they were immense. Tight, dark and full of great guitar orchestration with an awesome deep bass tone. Drums were spot on too, they accent brilliantly with the riffs.

Greater The Shadow as usual were flawless in every way. I just can't get enough of them. I can't wait until there's a CD so I can listen to them in the comfort of my own home.

Kartta.... what can I say? The best I've seen them. The crowd were lovin it. The tunes got us crying one minute, shoe gazing for another, then dancing our tits of the next. I think I may even have seen Michael turn around about 45 degrees. Yup, amazing banter!

Cheers to Greater the Shadow for getting it all together. Its a shame Albatross Conspiracy Couldn't play but I reckon it couldn't have been more fun.

Ah just back from work after last night. Could not get out of bed this morning! Last night was fantastic. My throat is so sore from whooping in between bands songs and cheering at the end of sets then fucking my vocal chords completely after our first song. As for that first song, Dave I totally miss understood you last night. It was actually two very loooooooooooooooooooooooooong songs joined together. But not four, that would just be silly.

Fault & Fracture were so good! I was expecting to like them but not expecting to love them. I read the reviews after their first gig, which must have been an off day because last night they were immense. Tight, dark and full of great guitar orchestration with an awesome deep bass tone. Drums were spot on too, they accent brilliantly with the riffs.

Greater The Shadow as usual were flawless in every way. I just can't get enough of them. I can't wait until there's a CD so I can listen to them in the comfort of my own home.

Kartta.... what can I say? The best I've seen them. The crowd were lovin it. The tunes got us crying one minute, shoe gazing for another, then dancing our tits of the next. I think I may even have seen Michael turn around about 45 degrees. Yup, amazing banter!

Cheers to Greater the Shadow for getting it all together. Its a shame Albatross Conspiracy Couldn't play but I reckon it couldn't have been more fun.

ah well that's okay then :)

you should've seen mike in cellar 35. the crowd could see his face and everything, a rare treat indeed!