aberdeen-music

[GIG] Kilau Winter Extravaganza @ Kilau

Old Gold

Sunday 16th December will be Kilau's Non-Denominational Winter Extravaganza! Nearly an entire day of free live music to go with your coffee, hot chocolate and crepes, plus lots of room under the tables for your seasonal shopping. So, wander in off Little Belmont Street and join us!

Expect a festive bundle of Stable Table favourites to take to the mic, and - with any luck - a special guest or two!

So far confirmed (in no real order)...

Steven Milne (The Little Kicks)

Stewcat (Holy Folks)

Kitchen Cynics

Ry Walker

Mark McCabe

Tim Courtney (Katerwaul)

Kathryn Sawyers

Jess Yong

Welfare Mothers or Green Pony

Delawair

Crashdown

Lazy Sheepdog

kilau16thdec.jpg

Sunday 16th December will be Kilau's Non-Denominational Winter Extravaganza!

I can never understand why people bother to say things like "Non-Denominational Winter Extravaganza" when all people and religions seem quite content to use the word "Christmas". Of course, Christians seem ashamed to for some reason.

I can never understand why people bother to say things like "Non-Denominational Winter Extravaganza" when all people and religions seem quite content to use the word "Christmas". Of course, Christians seem ashamed to for some reason.

Er, not to make this thread into a discussion about religion that should really be elsewhere, but christians are the only ones who actually have the concept of christmas. So other religions wouldn't use it as they don't celebrate it. The clue's in the name you see.

Haha, ask santa for a sense of humour my lad!

Back to the matter in hand: with any lucky, Hugh or Alan can offer some info on who is so far confirmed for the day's events...

Er, not to make this thread into a discussion about religion that should really be elsewhere, but christians are the only ones who actually have the concept of christmas. So other religions wouldn't use it as they don't celebrate it. The clue's in the name you see.

They don't celebrate it? News to me, I know plenty of non-Christians that happily celebrate Christmas for what it is - a time to get together with their families and give presents. It seems to be only Christians that think that others don't celebrate it, though...

They don't celebrate it? News to me, I know plenty of non-Christians that happily celebrate Christmas for what it is - a time to get together with their families and give presents. It seems to be only Christians that think that others don't celebrate it, though...

Jews don't celebrate it, jehovah's witnesses don't celebrate it, muslims don't celebrate it. There may be loads of non-christian aethists (like myself), or people who define themselves as religious but don't actually practice it, that celebrate it by taking a week off work, getting drunk, eating loads and swapping presents but that's just because they like to party rather than celebrate the birth of Christ.

Jews don't celebrate it, jehovah's witnesses don't celebrate it, muslims don't celebrate it. There may be loads of non-christian aethists (like myself), or people who define themselves as religious but don't actually practice it, that celebrate it by taking a week off work, getting drunk, eating loads and swapping presents but that's just because they like to party rather than celebrate the birth of Christ.

Please keep this thread on topic.

:p;)

hello hello, sorry folks, due to being in 4th year, my uni load has been pretty ridiculous this year! nearly all the acts have been booked and the poster is almost ready. I'll let y'all know who's playing and more details by the weekend.

So far confirmed...

Stewcat (holy folks)

Kitchen cynics

Ry Walker

Mark McCabe

Tim Courtney

Kathryn Sawyers

Jess Yong

Welfare mothers or Green Pony

Delawair

16th December from 3pm

hello hello, sorry folks, due to being in 4th year, my uni load has been pretty ridiculous this year! nearly all the acts have been booked and the poster is almost ready. I'll let y'all know who's playing and more details by the weekend.

So far confirmed...

Stewcat (holy folks)

Kitchen cynics

Ry Walker

Mark McCabe

Tim Courtney

Kathryn Sawyers

Jess Yong

Welfare mothers or Green Pony

Delawair

16th December from 3pm

Good stuff, ill pop my head in the door no doubt....but let me know when milne is playing, cant be arsed with his crooning :love::p

Guest idol_wild

Are Kartta not having a shot?

Sadly not, it would seem. After our last shambolic performance in Kilau, the general consensus amongst the guys is that we're leaving the "acoustic" (we never did use an acoustic guitar!) well and truely alone.

Pity. I'd have loved to give it a shottie.

Yep! I'm looking forward to seeing Welfare Mothers again in some shape or form, as well as that wee ginger rogue, Stewcat.

Small child at Craigievar Hall last Saturday "What's the difference between a ginger and a brick?"

Stewcat (on stage)..."Eh???What's he saying?"

-mattHew- "He's asking what the difference is between a ginger and a brick Stew"

Stewcat "OK...what IS the difference between a ginger and a brick?"

Small child...."The brick gets laid eventually"