aberdeen-music

[GIG] Kilau Winter Extravaganza @ Kilau

Old Gold

There will be a super festive cd for sale, so be financially prepared! This Sunday coming!

It will have 20 minutes of Tim Courtney, Jim 'Two Joe' Ewen, Kitchen Cynics, Mark McCabe, Matricarians & Ry Walker.

It will also be a numbered, limited edition of 50 (with 6 'artist's proofs' for the performers), and will cost 5 of your Festive pounds....all proceeds going to a charity of Kilau's choice.

I'll type this up quickly now, as I'm working in the daytime tomorrow:

Running order for Sunday! (subject to change) plan your day around:

2.15 - 2.45 Lazy Sheepdog

3.00 - 3.30 Crashdown

3.45 - 4.15 Mark McCabe

4.30 - 5.00 Kathryn Sawers

5.15 - 5.45 Steven Milne

6.00 - 6.30 Stewcat

6.45 - 7.15 Ry Walker

7.30 - 8.00 Tim Courtney

8.15 - 8.45 Jess Yong

9.00 - 9.30 Welfare Mothers

9.45 - 10.15 Delawair

10.30 - 11.00 Kitchen Cynics

(Musicians should arrive at least 15 miutes before you're due to play)

That were an awesome day of music!! Welfare Mothers for me stole the whole show with their set. John's home made lap slide guitar sounded amazing! Just about wept like a baby when they played Orchard.

Had loadsa fun. Well done to Hugh the whole thing went without a hitch for a change. The sound was great, although I did see Jenni twiddle with the knobs for a while you cheater.

Guest idol_wild

I only made it to see a couple of acts due to other social activities dominating the weekend.

I thought some of Tim's stuff was excellent. I've never really got into some of his solo stuff before because I found it a bit obtuse and whiney (we all know he's an emo at heart ;)), but his ability shone through last night, with well constructed songs, excellent vocals, and brilliant guitar playing. Thumbs up.

Also caught Jess Yong. Now, I've heard silly rumours that she wants to stop doing solo stuff. My advice to her is that she shouldn't. I thoroughly enjoyed her set, as I always have, and it'd be a waste of lovely songs if she gave up the ghost.

Really wanted to see more of Welfare Mothers, but sadly couldn't. And Alan Cynic was on just too late. Some of us have school in the morning, y'know.

Had to miss the whole darn day due to pre Christmas home joinery that needed done. I k ow eher I would rather have been:down:

Pre Christmas Joinery? That's the worst excuse I've ever heard!

I enjoyed all sets, I was really taken by Tims set. Id seen him only once or twice before and it was very happy then but I really went for his doom and gloom set yesterday! MORE!!!

(maybe he should break up more often...) ;-)

I liked sheepdog too but hes always good. No matter how tired or (un)prepared he is, he always pulls it off!

Id never seen crashdown before but want to see the full band stuff now. Liked it. Jealous about guitarists fancy stuff. Bastard.

Mr McCabes stuff is getting better every time, or is that me?

Had never seen Ry play before yesterday I think. Hes great!

Lets not even go near Kathryn. It was amazing. As always. And that was my organ! (well, 50% of it is mine)

Stevens a bastard too. Great set. As usual.

Thanks for the kind words re my own & Wel-fed Mommas stuff. Hadnt made any music with Kev for ages and only had one practise but really enjoyed it. Was pretty happy with my own set considering no practise and only one previous gig ever.

No kind words for Alan as he ripped me off for that song. You owe me money (Great set though!!).

Ive got pictures of everyone up to kitchen cynics and a video of the walker/mccabe xmas song, will hopefully have time to post links tonight.

It was a fantastic day! Great atmosphere and great music... highlights for me were Welfare Mothers (and the Green Pony set), Mark McCabe grabbing a lunchtime audience by the nuts, Tim Courtney at his finest, Kitchen Cynics of course, and jamming with Eion Henderson of Akron/Family fame!

Hugh did an awesome job organizing it all I do declare.

It was a fantastic day! Great atmosphere and great music... highlights for me were Welfare Mothers (and the Green Pony set), Mark McCabe grabbing a lunchtime audience by the nuts, Tim Courtney at his finest, Kitchen Cynics of course, and jamming with Eion Henderson of Akron/Family fame!

Hugh did an awesome job organizing it all I do declare.

Thanks for that! It was more a John Heker thing than Green Pony though - haven't found a proper alias for the non blues stuff yet:)

Have put the pictures here and the video of the Walker & McCabe christmas song

. It's fading out at the end - my ixus isn't really built for video's.