Bands You Hate, Lets Have A War!!!

Indigo_Soul

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bands Manuel Hates*:

Pearl Jam

If you've only heard "Ten" then I suggest you have a listen to one of their other albums. Although "Ten" seems to be the most popular it is also the stand out album' date=' all of the others are quite different. Songs like "Lukin" and "Spin The Black" circle are hard hitting punky affairs <in the raw non poppy sounding sense> if you like weird effects then "You Are" or "Arc" are brilliant. The first using a drum machine to make rythmic delays on the guitars to astounding effect <they can play it live> and Arc where Eddie uses countless layers of vocals to create something rather original...certainly in the middle of an album <again they can pull this off live>. As for all the other albums they have a wide spread of styles from country to all out rock. If your a guitarist then you really ought to check out Pearl Jam as both Stone and Mike are awesom...[b']Yellow Ledbetter is one for the Hendrix fans for sure.

Anyhoo entitled to your opinion just thought you and other people might give them more of a chance if you heard some more of their stuff.

I saw deftones in glasgow and it was boring and full of angsty teens.

chino moreno snapped his vocal chords 3 times, now is that proper use of a voice? he just wails through songs painfully, the deftones sound no better than any other average nu-metal band.

I hate angsty bands like evanesence, linkin park etc...

also, I've seen at least 4 bands mainly at drakes doing really bad wannabe impersonations of sonic youth. I also hate the people that clap them because they think the band is 'arty' , when theyre really just poor musicians and these bands make me hate listening to daydream nation

so how do you define boring. not playin a million solos through out the set?

if you gave a proper reason for notliking them i wouldnt mind

deftones boring - unintelligent watered-down angst pulp inspiring no sort of mental movement whatsoever.

boring isnt the word for seeing them live as it was a sort of fun experience, but i cant take it seriously as music.

And no, I don't just listen to bands with solos, what gave that impression?

Guest Nikola Tesla
' date=' all death metal (Murderdolls, Slipknot, Marlyn Manson etc, grow up for fucks sake)

[/quote']

Loved that part ^ :up:

Murderdolls and slipknot are kings of death metal indeed :moody:

Aye anyway to be honest hating bands is pretty pointless. I only really have a problem with manufactured chart entertainment that tries to pass its self off as music.

Guest SweetLittleWitches

The Darkness

Yeah yeah too many yeahs (yeah yeah yeahs)

Ash

Him

Zwan (I used to masturbate all the time at night and my tv would be on, usually music videos were playing...well they had a video and it was the only music video that I HAD to stop playing because it was sooooooo horrible) And I'm not the only person that happened to!!

Guest pop-notmyface
If you've only heard "Ten" then I suggest you have a listen to one of their other albums. Although "Ten" seems to be the most popular it is also the stand out album' date=' all of the others are quite different. Songs like "Lukin" and "Spin The Black" circle are hard hitting punky affairs <in the raw non poppy sounding sense> if you like weird effects then "You Are" or "Arc" are brilliant. The first using a drum machine to make rythmic delays on the guitars to astounding effect <they can play it live> and Arc where Eddie uses countless layers of vocals to create something rather original...certainly in the middle of an album <again they can pull this off live>. As for all the other albums they have a wide spread of styles from country to all out rock. If your a guitarist then you really ought to check out Pearl Jam as both Stone and Mike are awesom...[b']Yellow Ledbetter is one for the Hendrix fans for sure.

Anyhoo entitled to your opinion just thought you and other people might give them more of a chance if you heard some more of their stuff.

maybe i dont hate pearl jam anymore after seeing Even Flow on tv, that is quite a decent song

all death metal (Murderdolls' date=' Slipknot, Marlyn Manson etc, grow up for fucks sake)[/quote']

Although I'm kinda copying Stu on this one, I feel this point needs to be emphisized a bit more. What the fuck planet do you live on!? Marilyn Manson, a death metal band!? Bah!

Get your head checked mate.

anything else thats 'arty'

Yet again' date=' what the fuck are you on!? Since when have Coldplay ever been classed as artistic? The bams love it for fuck sake, and they're minds get blown over a single, monotonous beat. As for the comment against so called "Arty" music, asides the fact some of these bands are kinda up their asses half the time, they often make some damn cool music. And judging from the examples of bands you give I'm going to risk a guess that you haven't got a fucking clue what music even is.

and anything played on a les paul

Final point. How the fuck can you justify this one? I mean how dumb is that:

Some random idiot: "I hate all music played with certain instruments that are made by * insert random manufacture */certain styles of * insert random model "

Get fucked, how the hell can you say that you hate things by instruments. Considering the fact that alot of bands seem to use lots of instruments in the recording process to give a memorable sound, I think thats a pretty stupid approach to musical taste.

if i was a moderator' date=' i'd close this thread now. not just for a really bad title, but for an even worse content.[/quote']

Thats rich coming from the guy that sat and typed approximately 70+ bands that he doesn't like.

Guest pop-notmyface
Thats rich coming from the guy that sat and typed approximately 70+ bands that he doesn't like.

yeah, but if you think about it, this thread is getting really old and ridiculous...

• 8 months later...

I really hate the Red Hot Fucking Chilli Peppers.

I REALLY hate them.

And, as a postscript, I FUCKING HATE SLAP BASS.

It's like musical domestic violence - unacceptable both in front of and behind closed doors.

I also hate Good Charlotte, and the nu-80s culture of ostentatious displays of wealth that characterise so much of rap music. Loadsamoney indeed. Silly Tory bastards :p