aberdeen-music

New tattooists on King Street

Lemonade

Guy called Woody. Not sure if he posts on here. He's the main one. There's another guy too though, I'm not sure of his name.

I'm only ever in there for piercings, or just to see Darryl, but he's assured me on numerous occassions that the guys are really good and that if I ever wanted a tattoo, he highly recommends them. (Which he wouldn't say unless he really means it.)

From what I know, they are either exclusively 'freestlyle' or 'freehand' tattooists. I forget what the word is, but I'm sure it's one of those. Basically, although they still have a book of ideas, they won't tattoo you from a picture. You can bring in a design, or show them something you like, or describe it, and they will create an original piece for you, adapting it until it's exactly what you want. I could be wrong though, but I'm sure that's what they're about.

Obviously, best thing to do is give them a call, or find people who've actually had tattoos there.

I know it's not much, but hopefully that was a little bit of help.

Oh, and no, Darryl doesn't do tattoos, he isn't even part of that company, he rents his piercing room from Rapport, and pierces under the business name 'Tattooed Freak', or 'T2F'.

From what I know, they are either exclusively 'freestlyle' or 'freehand' tattooists. I forget what the word is, but I'm sure it's one of those. Basically, although they still have a book of ideas, they won't tattoo you from a picture. You can bring in a design, or show them something you like, or describe it, and they will create an original piece for you, adapting it until it's exactly what you want. I could be wrong though, but I'm sure that's what they're about.

What if the design in the book is exactly what I want?!?

AS far as I'm aware, Woody will try convincing you to get something unique, but I'm guessing if you want EXACTLY what is in a book (or your design you bring in) he'll try and do it.

Hmmm, i think i'd want someone who's doing something permanent on my body to do a little more that just "try" to do something i wanted.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got told to avoid that place for tattoos, but piercings are ok...fuck knows what to reckon as people told me richard was an arrogant prick. he was nice as mince to me late sat afternoon. I got there 10am to be told that he didn't have time to do the design i wanted, so i drew something smaller and they agreed to it and was booked in at half 4. got there and he put the stencil on my arm. i said that it was a spur of the moment getting a tattoo and mentioned the other design. He said "oh i didn't realize it was you who wanted that design i thought it was someone different getting this one" he then got the other design slapped it on. 1 hour 45 mins later it was done, he knocked a tenner off and i was well chuffed. he as sound as fuck all the way So going by what people say getting a tattoo at rapport don't what to think till i get one myself...

1243152527a7905622694o.jpg

1243152527a7905623114o.jpg

Proper artists.

haha...

personally, i wouldn't go there judging by what i've seen on people i know who've had stuff done there.

No me either, got my daughter's name in her handwriting done, and it swelled up real bad!!! And going by his work i've seen elsewhere, well, Hmmmm!!!!!

My best man got two tribal dragons done, pretty small, and it took four hours, i went to Yankee Tattoo and got a half sleeve done in two, and it is amazin to say the least, i'll post a pic of it, sooooo happy, didnt realise till i seen the awards from perth last year that there was someone of that caliber so close to Aberdeen( he's in Dundee by the way)

He does real freehand, horror his speciality!!!

Check out the site Tattoo Artists Dundee Tattoo Shops Dundee Yankee Tatttoo Piercing Studios in Dundee Tattoo studios Dundee , well worth the trip!!!

Remember, a tattoo is for life, not just for christmas!!!

I.K.

• 5 months later...

i went in.didnt have a tattoo in mind.i asked to see there tattoos he had a few in a port folio and some drawings on the wall.i really liked a butterfly, when i asked for it he said he never does the same tattoo twice.i was gutted.but he said hed draw something similar so he did and i loved it.told him how much i wanted to spend so he copied it to the correct size and did it for me.when he was finnished i wanted the lines through it n he added them free hand and didnt add it to the price.it has healed fine and im satisfied.im going there again soonPhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=1797943370&PhotoAlbumId=9432551654&PhotoId=9432563298