aberdeen-music

female solo artists

David Insurrection

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming there's an L missing there, I strongly second that choice.

Oops, yes.

Just to counter the predictable and mundane responses in this thread, Riz Maslen is easily my favourite female solo artist, the albums she's released over the last 10 years or so are real works of art which I never get bored of listening to.

Surely the most predictable thing to happen on this thread is you coming on and slagging off other people's choices?

You could have just said "Riz Maslen is easily.......etc" rather than beginning with the preposterous shite that was tacked onto the front.

Yeah because let's face it, amy winehouse, kt tunstall and patsy fucking cline are anything but mundane and predictable.

For the record, it's pushing it to call most of these talentless, vapid kareoke munters artists letalone solo artists.

Yeah because let's face it, amy winehouse, kt tunstall and patsy fucking cline are anything but mundane and predictable.

For the record, it's pushing it to call most of these talentless, vapid kareoke munters artists letalone solo artists.

You speak a lot of sense at times, but on this occasion, fuck right off.

Haha, it's a good job you don't remember what you actually write when you type. It helps you look like a total ass.

What is a troll?

The traditional definition of a troll refers to a member of a community or usenet group who makes posts deliberately designed to attract responses of outrage or indignation. It is the troll's intent to "hook" unsuspecting members into responding, (hence the term "trolling"), thus providing him/her self with the satisfaction of knowing they have impact on others.

trolls

does this look familiar?

(I don't read in that statement "someone who just happens to dissagree with everything / everyone 99% of the time, because he happens to have a very limited view of what everyone should / shouldn't listen to or believe in", as you so often defend your trolling with).

"don't feed the trolls"....fuck!...what am I posting?!

does this look familiar?

Indeed. Can I also remind people of the Ignore User feature in your Control Panel which is very handy for hiding posts made by specific members:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist

Let us get back to the original topic shall we? Here are some of my favourite female artists at the moment:

Bjrk

PJ Harvey

Peaches

Hanin Elias

Free Dominguez

So what percentage of your opinions does someone have to agree with and vice versa, before you don't consider them a "troll", lepeep? Don't be absurd, this is a discussion forum.

Anyway, go and listen to riz MySpace.com - Neotropic - London - Electronica / Folk / Ambient - www.myspace.com/neotropicmusic , you might even enjoy her filmmaking YouTube - Neotropic - Sunflower Girl

you can 100% dissagree with a point of view and NOT be a troll.

setting out with a post something like "you are all morons for saying a singer I think is bland and obvious" is the dictionary defninition of a troll.

after all the posts I've ever read from you, I still know pretty much fuck all about you - other than your love of music that's no one has heard of, and if they did, you'd drop it like a turd covered tennis ball (wouldn't want to look like you agree with the "masses". Again, troll like behaviour.

Neil, The ignore button is useless, as you are still left with a section of the "discussion" with the avatar, and the knowledge that "someone" has spouted off more curmodgenous pish...and "ignore" button would be good if it didn't even show there was a post by "a certain someone".

PS, I loved the argument about how 60's music has fuck all to do with new electronic music. (am I right in thinking you like(ed) drum n bass?.....based on "apache", by the Shadows.....oh! the Irony.

I got into loving the work of Andrea Parker (cello player that converted to electronica / techno) absolutly brilliant stuff.

And I happen to think that Amy Winehouse's "there's no greater love" (on Frank) is a work of genius.

I've been trying to not post to his bullshit jibes, and failed miserably here...but, back to the diet.