aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada

This is Leicster(again sp) who sacked their manager less than 24 hrs after he had saved one of their players life by giving mouth to mouth.

Sounds like nice people to work for.

Not wanting to fall into the naysayer camp but Calderwoods turn of phrase at the moment just seem to be very negative... Referring to the reserve team, who won yesterday, as a "bad team"... A little positive talk goes a long way. He needs to rent 'Coach Carter' with Samuel L Jackson :)

Again, not wanting to fall into the naysayer camp (I "say" Caldwerood can be a grade A clown at time sand makes some shocking decisions) but I'm glad someone else noticed this rather moronic comment from Jimmy.

Whose fault is it that it's a "bad team" then? The buck stops with the manager. And who the fuck does he think he is anyway slagging off any part of the club? And, most importantly of all, what "bad teams" win 4 - 1?

Shite draw for us in the UEFA as well. Neither a glamour tie or an easy one. It's pretty lonely out in the Ukraine on a wet Tuesday night when you have no firepower. At least the hopes will be high with having the first leg at home so we'll get a decent crowd.

Calderwood is always a target for someone.

Beats me why exactly.

Mainly a target for the boo boys at the moment...

I watched both legs of Hibs V Dnipro. Hibs were unlucky in the 1st leg and initially unlucky over there until they capitulated. They were a pretty decent side. We really need to take at least a 2 goal margin over there.

Dnipropetrovsk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fuck the CL, here's the first round Scottish Cup draw. How many of these teams have you never heard of?

Brora Rangers v Cove Rangers

Golspie Sutherland v Preston Athletic

Coldstream v Dalbeattie Star

Glasgow University v Buckie Thistle

Wigtown & Bladnoch v Burntisland Shipyard

Civil Service Strollers v Selkirk

Fort William v Spartans

Newton Stewart v Linlithgow Rose

Vale of Leithen v Gala Fairydean

Wick Academy v Deveronvale

Culter v Hawick Royal Albert

Rothes v Nairn County

St Cuthbert Wanderers v Pollok

Fraserburgh v Huntly

Girvan v Forres Mechanics

Lossiemouth v Whitehill Welfare

Clachnacuddin v Edinburgh City

Bye - Edinburgh University

mon the culter

as for the yoofa cup draw sack that, total mission to get out there afc might put on a plane for supporters tho...

Calderwood is always a target for someone.

contract killer?:up:

Suspect Rangers might be leaving the Champions league with a mighty 0 points. worst possible draw from their point of view. Mind you, the CL group draw's a fucking joke these days. Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong to seed teams just so you can garauntee more top teams on TV throughout the tournament? I know there's arguements for it but it just seems to be against the concept of a fair tournament in my view. draw them all from one pot. if the 4 league winners end up in one group so be it, let's see who's best. likewise with 4 teams from one country, surely that's the whole point of a draw?

still, Liverpool look to have got away with an easy group but Arsenal's is taking the piss.

on the subject of Transfer deadline day: Appiah seems to have been linked with just about every team in the Premiership as has Adriano, Easyjet must be having a field day today. If Ronaldhino joins those cunts at Chelsea I'll slit my wrists.

Am I the only one who thinks it's wrong to seed teams just so you can garauntee more top teams on TV throughout the tournament? I know there's arguements for it but it just seems to be against the concept of a fair tournament in my view. draw them all from one pot. if the 4 league winners end up in one group so be it, let's see who's best. likewise with 4 teams from one country, surely that's the whole point of a draw?

I agree completely, it's fucking shit. They do it in the World cup and European Champs as well, all the way from the qualifying rounds. Each group gets one top team, one almost top team, one decent team, and a bunch of diddys.

I say put every team in a hat and draw it that way - then if a team really is the best they should win by beating everybody fair and square rather than getting an easy route to the final. Aye so you might get more dross in the later rounds of competitions but it'll make it a fuck of a lot more interesting than just the same 4-8 teams every time. Just now they've made it virtually impossible for a smaller team to progress in the World Cup or Euro championships. It's all about getting the big guns to the later rounds tho to keep the sponsors happy.

Here's the SPL table in Ukrainian for anyone interested:

1 Рейнджерс 4 4 0 0 14-3 12

2 Селтик 4 3 1 0 12-2 10

3 Мотеруэлл 4 3 0 1 6-4 9

4 Хайберниан 4 2 2 0 8-5 8

5 Данди Юнайтед 4 2 1 1 5-2 7

6 Килмарнок 4 2 1 1 5-4 7

7 Сент-Миррен 4 2 0 2 3-4 6

8 Фалкирк 4 1 0 3 7-12 3

9 Абердин 4 0 2 2 5-8 2

10 Хартс 4 0 2 2 2-8 2

11 Гретна 4 0 1 3 4-11 1

12 Инвернесс 4 0 0 4 2-10 0

Mon the Абердин!

My brother's booked a return flight to Kiev for 340. No way in hell I can afford this ;(

Better not let RossP see that, it makes you "not a fan" in his eyes. It doesn't matter if you can afford it or not.

Anyway, Aberdeen have a reasonable chance of getting through so long as they don't concede at home. I don't think they'd capitulate to the same degree as Hibs in the Ukraine.

A nice easy tie for Bayern against Belenenses, i expect us to do a number on them. Pity i can't afford going to see them. Who knows, maybe Bayern will end up in the same group as Aberdeen in which case i will definitely be there. Spurs have got a peach of a tie against Famagusta which should be a straight through by all accounts.

I think Rangers will get absolutely fudded in their group but Celtic have a good chance if they don't drop too many points against Shakhtar and Benfica, though there's no reason why they can't get something out of AC Milan as well.

Arsenal's group is ridiculous, the only real threat is Sevilla (assuming they get through against AEK). Chelsea are probably through and i'd expect Liverpool to go through as well. Man Utd have the hardest group out of the English teams though i'd be very surprised if they didn't get through.