aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Thing is; he considers Chris Clark to be one of his big players. A man who has little more than sheer workrate in his locker. In fact, I'd say Chris Clark is the most limited player in the Aberdeen first team. And given what I have against Michael Hart, that's really saying something.

For some reason I'm quietly confident we can play well against Hearts on Sunday, though.

To clarify, I did mean any kind of productive move forward. In all honesty, I was beyond pished so I won't argue with anyone on the details. But I do remember Hart getting forward and it all breaking down due to having no support. Kind of pointless pushing the defenders forward if the midfield and strikers aren't going to a)Support or b) follow up.

Anyway, far more importantly, are you seriously saying that Hart is second worst only to Clark? I agree Clark is a waste of time, but Michael Hart? One of our best, most important players? Can you explain what you mean before I blow a gasket!

We'd better come out all guns blazing on Sunday or I'll go even more skeppy than I did on Saturday, which would take some beating, but I'd give it a go.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

Anyway, far more importantly, are you seriously saying that Hart is second worst only to Clark? I agree Clark is a waste of time, but Michael Hart? One of our best, most important players? Can you explain what you mean before I blow a gasket!

Heheh, don't worry - your response to my prejudice against Hart is very common. I've just never fancied him as a football player in all honesty. I know, by and large, I'm wrong about him. Hence how I phrased it: I never said Hart is pish. I just have issues with him as a footballer. I've come to realise, slowly, that he's an important exponent of our defence - he's steady, consistent, and rarely makes errors. In fact, I can admit he's the best right-back we've had in many years. But everyone has players they're not keen on: Michael Hart is mine. I really didn't like what he was spouting off to the local press before the game at Iprix last season. We were always going to fall flat on our face after that, especially after the Glasgow tabloids got a hold of the story and twisted it. Hopefully he's learned from that!

And fear not - I'll always support him at games etc, and cheer and clap when he does something effective. And actually, I'll admit he was one of our top three performers on Saturday (along with Severin and possibly Soutar).

With regards to Hart's comments before the Rangers game I think if you read the article it was actually the Evening Express and that prick Charlie Allan that twisted it and plastered the sensationalist headline all over the back page. Arse.

Guest DustyDeviada
With regards to Hart's comments before the Rangers game I think if you read the article it was actually the Evening Express and that prick Charlie Allan that twisted it and plastered the sensationalist headline all over the back page. Arse.

Yup, Charlie Allan needs a Dons story every day, he probably wrote every word of the interview himself, showed it to Hart who probably thought "Fair dos, just bigging up my team mates" and gave the OK.

The really funny thing is how all Chalie Allan's "stories" get reguratated in Th Sun the next day by Scott Davie.

Heheh, don't worry - your response to my prejudice against Hart is very common. I've just never fancied him as a football player in all honesty. I know, by and large, I'm wrong about him. Hence how I phrased it: I never said Hart is pish. I just have issues with him as a footballer. I've come to realise, slowly, that he's an important exponent of our defence - he's steady, consistent, and rarely makes errors. In fact, I can admit he's the best right-back we've had in many years. But everyone has players they're not keen on: Michael Hart is mine. I really didn't like what he was spouting off to the local press before the game at Iprix last season. We were always going to fall flat on our face after that, especially after the Glasgow tabloids got a hold of the story and twisted it. Hopefully he's learned from that!

And fear not - I'll always support him at games etc, and cheer and clap when he does something effective. And actually, I'll admit he was one of our top three performers on Saturday (along with Severin and possibly Soutar).

So you don't like him a person but appreciate his abilities? No worries about that, they're not paid to win popularity contests or be nice guys - they are there to win games.

His comments were twisted but at the end of the day he said he'd rather have Brewster over Boyd which is comedy gold.

But I reckon regardless of what he says off the field he is without a shadow of a doubt the best right back we've had in a long time.

The gasket is safe again :up:

Charlie Allen is an even worse ref, as I found out when he took one of our school games this season. What a twat.

Talking of shite columnists (sp?), I was speaking to a former teammate of Stewart McKimmie, who told me that McKimmie doesn't actually go to any of the games that he reviews for the EE. He simply speaks to other folk who were there, and then bases his opinion on what they saw. Hardly a surprise given how terrible his columns are...

In other news: Marius Niculae got his work permit at 12pm today and will make his debut on saturday, away to Motherwell. 5 going straight on a ICT win :up:

Charlie Allen is an even worse ref, as I found out when he took one of our school games this season. What a twat.

Talking of shite columnists (sp?), I was speaking to a former teammate of Stewart McKimmie, who told me that McKimmie doesn't actually go to any of the games that he reviews for the EE. He simply speaks to other folk who were there, and then bases his opinion on what they saw. Hardly a surprise given how terrible his columns are...

In other news: Marius Niculae got his work permit at 12pm today and will make his debut on saturday, away to Motherwell. 5 going straight on a ICT win :up:

Haha, i had Charlie Allen reffing a game for a team i managed last year.

Haha, i had Charlie Allen reffing a game for a team i managed last year.

My passing comments to him at the end of the game was something along the lines of "If you can't be bothered trying to keep up with a bunch of 13 year olds, you shouldn't be refereeing these games". Don't think he left the center circle the whole game. Absolutely useless.

I'll die a happy man if I never see Charlie Allen again in my lifetime.

Guest idol_wild

I used to cover football for the P&J, and I was quite friendly with one of the EE football writers and I can tell you that McKimmie's column is almost entirely written by Charlie Allan. Mainly to stir a bit of strife and maybe sell an extra few copies. Allan's pugnacious style is very much a selling tool. And it's been proved that people quite literally buy into it.

Before that game me and a few mates were featured in the EE fanzone. The boy from the EE met us in the pub, explained he'd ask us a few questions about the season, the upcoming Rangers game and then said something along the lines of "don't hold back on ripping into the huns". Leading questions followed which, being the lovers not haters that we are, we tried our hardest to avoid answering with anything other than positive comments about the Dons. My comment that the media may well have a big part to play in the perpetuation of the bitter rivalry between Rangers and Aberdeen was not printed, our non-commital shrugs of the shoulders when asked if we expected a lot of hostility at Ibrox were taken as affirmative. My comment that "Michael Hart is certainly a better right back than Alan Hutton" was also included along with my mates "Mackie for Scotland" shout. Cue a 3-0 gubbing and star performace by Hutton. :O

That second round draw in full:

Motherwell v Raith Rovers

Queen's Park v Hibernian

Dundee v Livingston

Peterhead v Kilmarnock

Dundee United v Ross County

Montrose v Falkirk

Gretna v Cowdenbeath

Stirling Albion v Hearts

St. Mirren v East Fife

Berwick Rangers v Hamilton Academical

Inverness Cal. Th. v Arbroath

Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone

Pish!

Guest DustyDeviada
my MATE'S "Mackie for Scotland" shout! If Vogts had been given longer I'm sure it would have happened..

Nah, I think your mate was right.

I would definitely swap Darren Mackie for Jason Scotland.

That second round draw in full:

Motherwell v Raith Rovers

Queen's Park v Hibernian

Dundee v Livingston

Peterhead v Kilmarnock

Dundee United v Ross County

Montrose v Falkirk

Gretna v Cowdenbeath

Stirling Albion v Hearts

St. Mirren v East Fife

Berwick Rangers v Hamilton Academical

Inverness Cal. Th. v Arbroath

Partick Thistle v St. Johnstone

Pish!

Loving it!! Potential banana slips for the Arabs, Killie, Gretna and maybe even Falkirk (!).

Glad one of Partick or St Johnstone won't be in the 3rd round, same goes for Dundee and Livi, as well as Motherwell and Raith

Tell McKimmie's former team - mate to stop speaking shite!

He sits next to my mate (whose Dad used to play for Aberdeen, but way before McKimmie) at every game in the Main Stand!

His columns are shite for one simple reason - he's a tool. I hope Aberdeen win a trophy soon - but not for perosnal gain - it's so McKimmie can finally stop banging on about how he was the last Don to lift a trophy. It's not as if he even did anything in the final. I don't think I've boed as hard since when the idiot got carried off shoulder high after we won the play - off to STAY in the SPL. Argggh, it angers me so much to think of his smug face beaming as if we'd just won the European Cup again when we'd just managed to hang on to our SPL status.

Guest DustyDeviada
Tell McKimmie's former team - mate to stop speaking shite!

He sits next to my mate (whose Dad used to play for Aberdeen, but way before McKimmie) at every game in the Main Stand!

That may well be the case, but Charlie Allan does indeed write his column.