aberdeen-music

Your Pet Hates

SteveCrisis

• Baby on Board signs on the backs of cars.......exactly why the fuck do I or any other road users need to know this? Is it there in an effort to make other road users drive more safely, if so, shouldn't that 'luxury' be extended to everyone regardless?? Just reeks of smug/twee 'look what we made' parents. Bugs my tits :swearing:

They're not there for other road users, but for paramedics/emergency services, so that in the case of a crash, they can prioritise the vehicles most likely carrying small children.

Regards

Flossie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Craig C

People who stop and talk to the bus driver on the way off. I don't care if you two know each other.

Unreasonable people in their many forms

Andy Gray (will someone tell him it's only a game)

Bus drivers who get/look annoyed when I knock on the door to get on whilst they are parked at the terminus, reading the Sun.

People who buy Lattes. Just buy a fucking coffee, at least it doesn't sound as shit.

People who walk down the road like they have their arse hairs taped to the back of their neck, whilst holding a latte as if it's a bomb.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Subway n00bs.

"I'll hae a cheese sandwich min" or, if they stretch the boat out and get a ham sandwich: "nae salad min".

Hey you fucking retard, you just wasted 4 pounds that was supposed to contribute to the cost of about 5 different meats and salad/vegetables/sauce of every shape, size, colour and taste.

From the other thread, n00bs who don't resize their avatars so they get stretched.

Genesis (and Yes) forum mentality:

Never ever say anything humorous without a clear warning or barrage of winking smilies.

If you have a personal problem, do a thread asking for 'vibes from around the world' so that everyone can send you them 'from Michigan!/Hamburg!/Ontario!' with a barrage of hugging smilies.

When a nasty post appears, first be shocked and don't know what to do, then gang together to protect the victim, then wait for the cry of TROLL, and its banning by the mods. Talk about the troll for ages.

Pointlessly tell everyone you're settling down for the evening with tea/cocoa/wine. Offer everyone else some as if you were actually in the same house or even town.

Flirt with other middle aged people.

If American, post many pictures of your children (wearing Invisible Touch t-shirts) and tell stories about how cute they are.

If German, spend all your time in the Musicians' Corner talking about keyboard methods.

If British, be light heartedly cynical but never ever offensive.

Announce your 50th post.

Announce your 100th post.

Announce your 500th post.

Congratulate people whenever they make an announcement.

Have the biggest picture of Steve Hackett EVER as your signature.

People who turn on the TV and don't watch it, just sit there and talk or cook or something :~/

At uni:

People who boast about having gone to private school.

People who boast about having gone to their local comprehensive.

People who looking pityingly after the 'quiet guy/girl' on the floor after he/she walks past, and are purposely over-nice because they assume that he/she doesn't have any friends. (that's not about me ^^,)

Girls who dress as cats and sexy Indians for Halloween

People who think everything they say is hilarious

People who say things really loudly in the hope that people will think they're interesting

People who think that listening to anything before 2001 is not mainstream

People who won't listen to anything mainstream because it hurts their music rep

Christ! is there joy left for you at all?

They're not there for other road users, but for paramedics/emergency services, so that in the case of a crash, they can prioritise the vehicles most likely carrying small children.

Regards

Flossie

I thought the intention was to deter tailgating more than anything else. Although I can see how they would be useful in an emergency situation. However, they still bug me due to the smug parent images they seem to conjure up everytime I see one........:p

I could type for ages, but I'll confine it to public transport:

- Almost everyone under the age of 20 who gets on the 907 to Stonehaven on a Friday night with personal music players blaring and loud discussion about what they did at the cinema and how pissed they got afterwards. Piss off and die, you rodents.

- Late trains, especially when you don't get told why they are late.

- The 0750 train from Stonehaven in the morning. Which not only fails to arrive at 0750, but is always jammed to the rafters.

- People who put bags on the seat next to them on a full bus/train. Move it, or I'll throw it out of the fucking window.

- People putting their legs up on the back seat of the bus. Move them, or I'll fucking break them.

Commuting is the sperm of the devil.

Wine which is corked

The lack of appreciation for the band "Ulver"

Bands who dont give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

The fact that instead of learning to spell properly and pass exams at school I listened to Metallica and Megadeth albums.( I was young)

People who think that its ok to make fun of disabled people. Ironically disabled people can be less disabled than able people.

Jehovah Witness' who would disallow a blood tranfusion for a loved one....not very loving.

Reality TV... Stars in their eyes, Pop Idol, Big Brother fucking skating ball dancing idol.

That I stood next to Devin Townsend at a concert and couldn't speak to him, I just got all nervous. That really eats at me.

The self service checkouts in Tesco.

People who drive too slow

People who drive too fast

Paperwork, so much to do!

People who are their own little consumer world and will walk into you/get in your way because they are in a purchasing zen state.

Violence

Angry people

guys who wear eyeliner wtf.

Call centres

Customers who call me at 10pm

Customers who call me at 7am

Waiting for a Taxi in town. There are so many weird inbred minky people around.

picloan.JPG

Actually, just the whole general malaise that seems to have struck the populace of late, namely the complete faith that somehow, something miraculous will happen to ensure that they don't actually have to work to earn anything they want. Either by 'simply' picking 6 numbers, or even worse by making 'one easy phone call' to get 25,000. When Carol Vorderman says it's OK "when you look at the sums", there are far too many people who believe it. Cos she's clever, and wouldn't use her image to rip anyone off, surely? It's a timebomb.

And don't get me started on the whole X Factor Pop Idol Big Brother thing. Kids are actually leaving school not bothering about qualifications because they think they can just appear on one TV programme and be set for life.

And turning sausages when they keep rolling back, I fucking hate that.

There are so many...

People with no understanding of the concept of an indoor voice. These people are of course the ones that have nothing to say that you'd want to hear. You can usually find these people in the back of buses, in the quiet carriage of trains, or spread throughout a supermarket, yelling their locations to one another.

Tying in from above really, society's plunge downhill, with it being cool and occasionally worthwhile to be thick (see: reality TV millionaires) and the fact that most people today would laugh/be confused at anyone who conducted themselves with the slightest bit of dignity or class. I mean, Heat magazine has a picture of Jordan on the loo with her knickers about her ankles on the front page this week. I have to stare at it 6 hours a day whilst at work. Britain has stooped very low.

People at work who come with their husband, get all of their shopping onto the belt before I begin to serve them, yet still want to stand there and do bugger all while I pack their shopping. I am only slowing them down, and everyone else, and I will put your bleach on top of your morning rolls.

People who smoke in bus shelters who think that by shuffling down the bench a few inches away from you they will miraculously change the direction of the wind and the smoke will not hit you square in the face.

People who grab a good spot at gigs but then annoy everyone around them by chatting all the way through.

picloan.JPG

Actually, just the whole general malaise that seems to have struck the populace of late, namely the complete faith that somehow, something miraculous will happen to ensure that they don't actually have to work to earn anything they want. Either by 'simply' picking 6 numbers, or even worse by making 'one easy phone call' to get 25,000. When Carol Vorderman says it's OK "when you look at the sums", there are far too many people who believe it. Cos she's clever, and wouldn't use her image to rip anyone off, surely? It's a timebomb.

Very valid point.

People who have spiraling debt can change it to one payment! wow! How easy! I can pay it of by......2056 and pay back 30 grands worth of interest.

Carol Vorderman, you should be ashamed.

- The 0750 train from Stonehaven in the morning. Which not only fails to arrive at 0750, but is always jammed to the rafters.

Sheep on the line. That's what it is, every day. Sheep on the line, giving birth.

It also annoys me that they have the "Haymarket, Perth, Cupar, Leuchars, Dundee, Arbroath, Montrose, Stonehaven" (or whatever it is) still all playing even though there's only Stoney and sometimes Portlethen to go...

Guest DustyDeviada
Subway n00bs.

"I'll hae a cheese sandwich min" or, if they stretch the boat out and get a ham sandwich: "nae salad min".

Hey you fucking retard, you just wasted 4 pounds that was supposed to contribute to the cost of about 5 different meats and salad/vegetables/sauce of every shape, size, colour and taste.

I had one of these guys in front of recently, and he also cracked me up by asking the attractive young lady for a "half-inch" when she asked him what size he wanted.

That I stood next to Devin Townsend at a concert and couldn't speak to him, I just got all nervous. That really eats at me.

Waiting for a Taxi in town. There are so many weird inbred minky people around.

Well, I guess he didn't go to the gig to be hassled by bald people, so kudos to you for being so "cool". If it was Knopfler I would have been all over him like a slavering puppy, so I admire your self control.

But wasn't I waiting in the taxi rank with you a while back? o_O

Minky, almost certainly, but inbred I am not. ;)

The fact that instead of learning to spell properly and pass exams at school I listened to Metallica and Megadeth albums.( I was young)

I lissen 2 metalika nd megadeth nd mi spelin is awsum! :D

*EDIT* I just realised that this is infact how about 50% of the contacts I have on msn actually type. I find it more difficult - than typing normally - to type in such a manner!

...and another thing...

Hollywood's seeming reluctance to cast a movie without at least one Rapper with a "clever" name in it really makes me mad.

I'm waiting patiently for the remake of "The Greatest Story Ever Told" with B:Gone as Jesus and D:Lay as Satan...

The Matthew 16:23 scene should be good...

Satan tries to tempt Jesus by showing him the world before him and what could be his...

In response, Jesus pulls out his mother-of-pearl handled piece, holding it sideways gangsta-style (which, as any ballistics expert will tell you, is a stonewaller for missing your target) and says...

"Satan, yo, Dog, get you're mutherfuckin' ass the fuck behind me mutherfucker, before one of ma homies pops a mutherfuckin cap in yo mutherfuckin' ass. I ain't gonna akks you again Dog, get the mutherfuck behind me. Biyatch. Word"

It never ceases to amaze me that despite the fact were in the 21st century, Black America is still represented as negatively or in the same patronising manner as in the days of the the early "Talkies" with the bug-eyed "yes, massa" stooge.

Sermon over.

In the countries that first introduced them, it is also illegal to display one if you don't have a child in the car & IIRC, as well as a fine, you can be held liable for the costs the emergency services incur to verify that any child had not been thrown-clear of the wreckage. Which was what prompted the BoB signs in the first place.

Of course, here they are entirely a tabloid introduction, after a kid was missed by the services at an accident & only found a few days later when its parents regained consiousness. Happily, it survived.