aberdeen-music

Your Pet Hates

SteveCrisis

Following on from Hog's Sayings That Annoy thread, are there things done by other folk that really irritate your mammaries? Get on your tits, in other words?

Several of my own pet hates are:

• People who board the bus without having their fare ready.
  • People having no idea of the bus route before hand and asking the driver for detailed info on every frigging stop the bus will pull in at before reaching its destination.
  • Slow walking fucks who walk three abreast slowing ME down especially when I'M in a hurry.
  • Officious OAPs who expect doors to be opened for them without saying thanks. Now my folks are elderly but at leat they've got manners and they don't say 'It wasn't like this during the war.' Roll on the day when I'm bemoaning the state of the world in The Grill enjoying my half n hauf and a game of either cribbage or dominoes saying to anyone who gives a shit 'It wasn't like this during the War On Terror.'

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of these are from the last thread we had about this:

people who don't hold doors open, especially the ones who don't even check to see if you're about to walk through the door behind them

people who don't understand that the supermarket car park is a one way system.

people who leave CDs out of the case. more specifically people who leave my CDs out of the case. Especially when they leave the CD on top of the case. Lazy bastards.

people who send myspace bulletins because they've added 1 new picture of themselves to their profile. I really couldn't give a toss.

drivers who don't indicate.

having to sit through 40 minutes of old firm crap every monday night before getting a pathetic 5 minutes of shitty highlights of Aberdeen sometime around midnight. And they somehow manage to miss most of the interesting parts of the game (i.e. severin's shot from the halfway line at kick-off on Saturday).

having to sit through 40 minutes of old firm crap every monday night before getting a pathetic 5 minutes of shitty highlights of Aberdeen sometime around midnight. And they somehow manage to miss most of the interesting parts of the game (i.e. severin's shot from the halfway line at kick-off on Saturday).

Yeah that pisses me off too.

Unless we play the Old Firm, the games are always on late and cut, and are a poor representation of Scottish footie.

It's about time they stopped giving the Old Firm thier own way each and every week.

• People who board the bus without having their fare ready.
  • People having no idea of the bus route before hand and asking the driver for detailed info on every frigging stop the bus will pull in at before reaching its destination.

You are going to have a whale of a time when DFT approve the proposal to allow mobility scooters on busses then. Think of the time you will have to wait whilst the ramp comes-out & the buggy gets manouvered into the space with no seats for them - Yup, they are going to rip-out more seats to fit them in! :p

Ever gone to a different town, anywhere?

Yup, the rest of blind, idiot humanity can do it to me too! :D

At work:

- people who get an absolute raging boner when my check-out's free.

- those who put their cards on the conveyer belt when I have my hand open for them.

- parking in the disabled/parents & kids spaces with neither needs.

- generic "nice day today" conversations. I don't know. There's no windows here, can't see.

In general:

- lack of manners. Honestly, how much effort does it take for a 'please', 'thank you' or to hold a door?

- bandwagn jumper-onners.

- footless tights & your average Exodus girl.

And I'll agree with Ben on "meh", "meep", "a bit hot", "cute, much" etc etc.

people who mock disability - go and grow up.

people who cry their eyes out forever at me cause they're single and omg they're like 19 now so omg they'll be alone forever!

on the bus; people who won't move to let an old person sit down. people who have their brat in a buggy and point blank refuse to collapse the buggy and put it in the storage bit to let a wheelchair user on the bus. twice i've seen the same man refused onto the bus cause there were 2/3 buggies and when asked by the driver, the mothers/fathers/granny/whatever refused to co operate. chuck them and their brats off, a wheelchair user is more in need of that space than some burberry clad buggy is.

people who refuse to work. who do you think you are?

indian call centres- i don't mean to be nasty in the slightest but they just DO NOT understand scottish accents.

people who self harm to show off the scars.

liars in general. how hard can it be to just be truthful?

i could go on forever.

Guest DustyDeviada
The fact that the Championship highlights used to be on ITV on a Sunday morning...now its not, in Scotland.

If you've got Sky you can watch it on ITV London.

people who mock disability - go and grow up.

Just to add - I'm in no way mocking folk who truly need scooters/mobility aids. However, there are plenty of folk on them who are not that badly disabled or even just being plain lazy. After all, you don't need to demonstrate a medical condition to buy & use one, only to get public funding/orange badge etc.

Just to add - I'm in no way mocking folk who truly need scooters/mobility aids. However, there are plenty of folk on them who are not that badly disabled or even just being plain lazy. After all, you don't need to demonstrate a medical condition to buy & use one, only to get public funding/orange badge etc.

oh i wasn't having a go at what you said at all. i said that cause i work with children with disabilities/sen and when i hear people calling them "spastics" or "retards" or whatever it really fucking riles me.

Too many to mention and it changes by the minute o_O

Currently, I have a complete and utter detestation for the Game Show and Talent culture in the UK.

That USA-style hyperbole around boneheaded, inconsequential programmes - the X-Factor being a glowing example where some overpainted, talentless bunch of Tiffanys & Chardonnays get through to the next round and are greeted by their chav families in an orgy of pogo-ing, screaming, whooping, and "Oh My God".

Where's the diginity in the UK now?

Years ago, you'd appear on "Opportunity Knocks" or similar do yer bit, get punted (or not) and go back to your day job down t'mill.

Now these c*nts, by the very act of turning up at the audition, are expecting 5-album deals.

Fuck. Right. Off.

- People who go up to a till, spend 5 minutes raking through their wallet, then spread out a handful of change across the desk, so the cashier has to pick up each coin.

- Drivers not slowing down for traffic lights so they have to jam their brakes on at the last minute.

- People who just start playing music on one of those mp3 phones without headphones on the bus.

- People you barely know who feel the need to tell you every intimate detail of their private life, and then having to pretend to care.

- People saying things like "Oh you know me, I'm a bit mad/mental/wacky".

When something is good for what it is yet people decide to proclaim to you - and others - that it's shit, simply because they don't like it.

Not having a spare packet of strings/single string when one or more break.

People that let EVERYONE out at junctions.

People that drive right up your ass for the whole duration of the journey.

Asking for no ice and getting ice anyway!

There are many more on top of that, I'll post again when some more things come to mind.

Disabled spaces yes but parent & child spaces have no relavance whatsoever. All they are is mee-too marketing amongst the stores. Big-wadge spaces would be a better name for them.

I despise people who parkin disabled spaces.

But

When my folks visit they usually do the favour of driving me to the supermarket so I can get a big food-shop out of the way. 5 or 6 times out of 10 my father parks in the parent and child spaces. Our get out clause? Technically, collectively, we are parents and child.

Of course some whining maggot at Asda in Portlethen complained to us one day with the immortal words 'Excuse me...'

When I told him that technically we were parents and child he threw an easily blocked punch at me calling me pathetic. I pointed out to him that that may be so but not nearly enough as him for being such a petty cunt in the first place for indicating that.

Needless to say to avoid such altercations we now park as close as we can to the supermarket because we're a bunch of lazy sods.