aberdeen-music

Broken Sunshine?

Birdman

I think they sound like a girl version of Brand New on their first album for some songs others I would say Nofx..

:moody:

What are you talking about Cameron Mason. That is a personal offense to NOFX, not to mention broken sunshine sound FUCK ALL like them

Get your punk shite right :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who isn't too cool for punk?

I have never been into punk really. After Aaron and Jason DJed at fudge aid last year, with punk compilation after punk compilation, i think that finally made me aware how bland the genre is. I like NOFX however, and the occasional 4-chordy songs if they are catchy

I think your facts are a tad bit wrong, whoever told you that is having a case of the verbal shieze

Broken Sunshine are a good band.. they have catchy songs which means they'll be around for a long time ..thats all i have to say ..and if people aint gonna be constructive in their critisism they shouldn't post ... it doesn't change anything telling a band you think theyr shit .... just makes them not like you and they resent your opinion... be nice and constructive then people can tak it onboard and you r advice is useful ///

Wow...just came online and saw this...Thank you for posting, the feedback is great! We have changed so much since the first few times we played. Our songs are better and more catchy and we've definately separately improved our instruments as time has gone on.

Thank you Sonic (if I knew who you were...) for the comment... :D

And Milner... I'm not going to publically display my affection towards you... :kiss: :O

A classic description Dan if ever I heard one... :up:

Seeing as ive sprawled my thoughts on the other thread ill spare you all the spiel here!

Catchy, pretty, getting tighter, punk pop gals with attitude... With plenty of potential to fill, but no strangers to the negative press in the 'deen.... There's the shorter description!

:band:

Broken Sunshine are a good band.. they have catchy songs which means they'll be around for a long time ..thats all i have to say ..and if people aint gonna be constructive in their critisism they shouldn't post ... it doesn't change anything telling a band you think theyr shit .... just makes them not like you and they resent your opinion... be nice and constructive then people can tak it onboard and you r advice is useful ///

such a clich statement there

:rolleyes:

I am entitled to my opinion, provided i can back it up, and I have done so in another thread. This probably isn't aimed at me, but if it was then I think i have clarified your misunderstanding

Yeh, your entitled your opinion. How did you back it up? You dont need evidence to back up your own opinion. Saying you dont like BS, however, isnt a constructive contibution to the topic, it's just you saying you dont like them, as people know, cus you've said it before. I dont mind that you dont like them, I dont like some bands, not everyones gonna like one band. But I dont go around saying I dont like these guys or I dont like them for no reason. Just cus BS arnt your thing or dont play well to your taste or whatever, you dont have to go round slating them.

The Runaways meets the Shirelles. The tunes are catchier than the Runaways material. All they lack is a little confidence and attitude, but I'm sure that'll come soon.

I love melody and these are one of the most melodic bands in Aberdeen right now. Whether they sound like their CD live is down the quality of the sound/engineer at the venue... I believe their CD was recorded live with only a vocal dub and a little compression added. The playing was to all intents 'live' and in real time.

Well it was in April that I saw them... so it wasnt as early as most people are mentioning, to be honest I didn't like any element of the band... I hate to sound too harsh, and I realise they are still quite young... but in fairness it's not my cup of tea anyways. The stuff I heard in exile, in my opinion was a bit pish. Nothing to get excited about and I assure you my pulse remained at a steady thud during all my Broken Sunshine experiences.

I wish them all the best etc, but sorry ladies, it's not for me.

I really didn't like them that much at the start. But you know, kinda had to be there at every gig or get my ass kicked. But now i'm there through "cult following" support, and also through choice. They just suddenly got better. And continue to. Which is always good. And they are 3 of the nicest girls you'll ever meet. Except that Alex, what a bitch... my god.

The music never really was my thing to start with, but they grew musically and started to write songs which aren't crap. So now, they are a good band. I don't know if that made any sense at all.

Meh.

I really didn't like them that much at the start. But you know' date=' kinda had to be there at every gig or get my ass kicked. But now i'm there through "cult following" support, and also through choice. They just suddenly got better. And continue to. Which is always good. And they are 3 of the nicest girls you'll ever meet. Except that Alex, what a bitch... my god.

The music never really was my thing to start with, but they grew musically and started to write songs which aren't crap. So now, they are a good band. I don't know if that made any sense at all.

Meh.[/quote']

Haha, the only bit that really made sense was the bit about me being a bitch...tis true :rolleyes: as quite a few people will tell you. I dont do it on purpose though...much.

Yeh' date=' your entitled your opinion. How did you back it up? You dont need evidence to back up your own opinion. Saying you dont like BS, however, isnt a constructive contibution to the topic, it's just you saying you dont like them, as people know, cus you've said it before. I dont mind that you dont like them, I dont like some bands, not everyones gonna like one band. But I dont go around saying I dont like these guys or I dont like them for no reason. Just cus BS arnt your thing or dont play well to your taste or whatever, you dont have to go round slating them.[/quote']

That's not what I said at all!

If i really have to constructively criticise your band, then very well:

When I first heard Broken Sunshine, I said in my head "oh shit, not another melodic pop chick band", because let's face it, this genre is pretty damn boring. There was nothing in the music which gripped me at all, no instruments standed out, and the vocals really were so typical that I wanted to leave immediately. I think you should add depth and more texture to your material, something which people can identify as a unique Broken Sunshine band. Trying to be like another band (in this case, I thought you were dwelling in the shadows of Tuuli), and actually trying to go somewhere, is a meaningless effort. Fair enough, you may just be doing this just for fun, but at least make it interesting to other people if that is your intention.

You probably won't realise, but my statement above isn't exactly a unicorn in a field of horses. This opinion crops up time and time again with discussion to your sound and genre. I thought you would have picked up what I was implying when i said my statement was a bit clich, but I guess you didn't.

Constructive criticism is the only way to go about things... Music, bands, performing, writing, is not about making it interesting for people, or playing to people's interests. One person's 'GREAT' is another's 'RUBBISH'. When you wirte material, and pperform live, you play for yourself. You do what yopu enjoy and what comes naturally to you. Sure you keep challenging yourself, and trying different things (which BS do, in terms of harmonies and so on... they have come on along way...) but you should be doing that naturally for yourselves, and not because people think you should, or because someone else tells you you should. Otherwise you take the passion and the drive right out of it.

A scene to be successful needs music of all genres, not just metal, hardcore, metal punk. It needs the whole deal. I like the Aberdfeen scene for that very reason, because there is diversity. And in my opinion, there are bands would pay week in and week out to see, and Ill admit that maybe Broken Sunshine are on that list, but I make the difference between a band not being in my taste, and a band who have my respect, because they are trying, and they are enjoying the challenge. No band is ever going to please everyone, it is impossible, so therefore what is important, is that you are trying, you are enjoying it, you stand up for your music... And that is what SnowWhite is doing... Good on you for that, and keep up the work! :up: