aberdeen-music

WWE Wrestling anyone?....

Johnny Mac

Dunno if this is sport.... but i'm going tomorrow night.

Anyone else going along?

Here is the card:

John Cena vs. Umaga (Alejandro)

- WWE Championship Match

DX vs. Edge (Lita) & Randy Orton

Sabu vs. Kevin Thorn (Ariel)

- Extreme Rules Tag Team Match

Tommy Dreamer vs. Test

Ric Flair & Roddy Piper vs. The Spirit Squad

- World Tag Team Title Match

Jeff Hardy vs. Nitro (Melina) vs. Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin

- Fatal Four Way Match for the Intercontinental Title

Mickie James & Torrie Wilson vs. Lita & Victoria

- Diva Tag Team Match

Hardcore Holly vs. Rene Dupree

Cryme Tyme vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. vs. The Highlanders

- Triple Threat Match

Dunno if this is sport.... but i'm going tomorrow night.

Anyone else going along?

Here is the card:

John Cena vs. Umaga (Alejandro)

- WWE Championship Match

DX vs. Edge (Lita) & Randy Orton

Sabu vs. Kevin Thorn (Ariel)

- Extreme Rules Tag Team Match

Tommy Dreamer vs. Test

Ric Flair & Roddy Piper vs. The Spirit Squad

- World Tag Team Title Match

Jeff Hardy vs. Nitro (Melina) vs. Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin

- Fatal Four Way Match for the Intercontinental Title

Mickie James & Torrie Wilson vs. Lita & Victoria

- Diva Tag Team Match

Hardcore Holly vs. Rene Dupree

Cryme Tyme vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. vs. The Highlanders

- Triple Threat Match

You mean they've actually got the good wrestlers coming to Aberdeen? With good matches? With titles? Jeepers.

Its gonna be amazing. I only wish Foley would come.

I was going to go dressed as a member of the Spirit Squad but now im wearing my kilt in honour of Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Hope the Highlanders make an appearance too.

My signs are a HHH Bow to the king sign and a Got Spirit sign.

Gonna make more tomorrow as i think im going to make a Umaga : Joe is gonna kill you sign.

but now im wearing my kilt in honour of Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Hope the Highlanders make an appearance too.

Just as well they did!

This was ace!

Sabu!

Hardcore Holly Alabama Slamming Dupree nearly through the canvas!

It's weird, though - when there's no commentary or titantron you just hear the mat and occasional grunts and groans - it's not too different from the Beach Ballroom.

We were in the worst seats ever considering we paid £45 for them. Our mates in the next isle paid a tenner less for the same view.

Nevertheless it was ace.

The 4 way match was the best. No doubt it. It was a shame fuck all happened in the Sabu match, and why were kids cheering for Holly when he has quite clearly became a heel?

Was great to see Melina and Candice in person:D

We were in the worst seats ever considering we paid £45 for them. Our mates in the next isle paid a tenner less for the same view.

Nevertheless it was ace.

The 4 way match was the best. No doubt it. It was a shame fuck all happened in the Sabu match, and why were kids cheering for Holly when he has quite clearly became a heel?

Was great to see Melina and Candice in person:D

I had outstanding seats and we were in the "£35" section - right in the corner, just above ring level looking diagonally on to the ring. I think it was block S1. Couldn't have been better.

Holly was ace! I thought it was hilarious, although I was actually looking forward to seeing a wrestling match, but it was one stiff slam! The biggest of the night I thought! Heels can be faces in different parts of the world - I think Hardcore is one of those guys that is appreciated in Europe for his shoot style. I think he recognises this and doens't really push the heel thing too much.

The 4 way was very good, but there were a fair few botches that slowed it down. I thought Test v Dreamer was a great match too. Look, the fact Sabu was in the arena was good enough for me! It wasn't all that bad. It needed tables, though!

I loved Cryme Tyme. They'll go far. And Cade & Murdoch were like old school "baddies!" Brilliant.

Piper was missed. that sucked he got injured.

Flair is a legend but gay bashing is neither big nor clever.

And I almost had to cover the bairns ears when Alexandro brought up sheep shaggers!

DX are so professional. And Edge & Orton were hilarious - the four worked together really well. Hunter seemed to enjoy himself.

I took photos but I'll need to flick through them and pick out some decent ones. Bit far away for a compact flash to handle I think, but I'll see what I've got. Knew I should have taken the SLR! I think it would have been a bit over the top.

"Oh flower of Scotland"

Oh dear!!!!!!!!!

Guest DustyDeviada

I haven't watched wrestling since about 1990 - the last thing I can remember watching was a Royal Rumble with the likes of Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker and The British Bulldog involved - so I was going into the show last night with an open mind.

But WTF, when did women start wrestling? Right on sisters.

Rick Flair with his "homo" stuff was a bit over the top, especially as he is the Liberace of the wrestling scene. Going on about sheepshagging was one thing, but the guy out of DX (sorry, I don't know the names) saying something about somebody being a "Randy Orton shagger" was too far for a family show IMO, I certainly wouldn't have liked to have been answering questions from a seven year old about what they were saying.

I really don't know anything about wrestling, but were there really some of the top wrestlers there, ie is Cena actually the world "champion"? If so, fair play, I assumed that they would send the duff ones out on tour to the UK. Quite funny though that a US soldier guy is the champ considering the current climate.

The lassie got the tune of Flower of Scotland wrong a few times, but fair play to her for giving it a go.

Last but not least, I came out of it wishing I'd made a banner to take with me.

i have never watched wrestling but took my nephew and his mate along last night, i was amazed at home passionate folk are about it. We had seats down the front and ias much as i tried to stop the kids rinning down to the ring at the end of every match i just gave up. It was crazy, kids getting trampled on by adults rushing to the ring

Guest DustyDeviada
i have never watched wrestling but took my nephew and his mate along last night, i was amazed at home passionate folk are about it. We had seats down the front and ias much as i tried to stop the kids rinning down to the ring at the end of every match i just gave up. It was crazy, kids getting trampled on by adults rushing to the ring

Yep, I was quite concerned by the number of grown men who were getting so enthused about it and appeared to be taking it seriously.

Found it quite funny that it was so predicatble that even the little kids knew when it was about to end and had already made their way to the front.