aberdeen-music

Fake Piercings

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman

So I was on the train into Aberdeen on Saturday night, two Goth-types sat down opposite me and I was highly amused to watch them digging into their wallets to produce some fake lip rings and nose rings and proceed to ensure each others fake piercings looked just so. Make up was then studied for correct application on both parties (one bloke, one girl).

So is fake piercing quite a common thing among our 'alternative' brethren these days, must be tricky looking just so for entry to Moshulu or wherever these days.... :gringo:

I can see why they would put fake piercings in as real ones are a pain (no pun intended) and scar the face or body.

Good on them.

Is it not a bit goth-lite then?

what's the point of the gloomy, pain-scarred lifestyle if you're going to fake the look?

I bet they were called Felicity and Tarquin and they were just a pair of middle class twats trying to upset Mummy and Daddy.

There are plenty of employers etc who get very shitty about visible piercings, so they may well be taking the practical-living approach & are miultiply pierced & positively dripping with metalwork on the bits you can't see. :p:)

See, that's the problem with kids nowadays - too scared to upset their career path rather than go the path of Gothiness.

agreed

if u want piercings but ur job wont let u, choose the job or the piercing, f*ck being a faker, tht makes u just as bad as the people u spend all day moaning about coz there all walking round the same

u dont need ur lip pierced or your nose for tht matter to be a goth, punk, metaler, or any bullshit label people put on themselfs these days

Choose the job or the piercing?

I hope you're joking. That has to be the worst career advice ever. Most folk will take out their piercings for work. One of my employees has a number of piercings in his ears and one in his nose, and he takes out the nose piercing when he's at work to better his appearance in the workplace. I don't mind him having his piercings in at all, but he even agrees himself that taking out his piercing is just part of the uniform.

Jobs or piercings...dearie me.

I can't help thinking of the middle aged lawyer types that have shiney Harley's and polished buffed unused leathers that only go out at the weekends, if a nice day, and pretend the live life on the edge... Their funny.

I'm off to buy a wig and live a fake life as a guy that isn't bald!

"Guy with a toupe walks into a pub. The barman says to him 'get a better use of that if you take it off when your inside".

Twojoe: The comment about middle aged men and motorbikes is so true it's painful. I actually know of one who fits this description exactly.

Conversely, (in so far as they are not pretending to live life on the extreme edge but to be ultra-geeky) fake piercings also put me in mind of the whole emo-glasses cult - whereby contrivedly wan or bookish young boys and girls with 20/20 vision wonder around with clear-glass spectacles for that authentic geek/nerd look.

Conversely, (in so far as they are not pretending to live life on the extreme edge but to be ultra-geeky) fake piercings also put me in mind of the whole emo-glasses cult - whereby contrivedly wan or bookish young boys and girls with 20/20 vision wonder around with clear-glass spectacles for that authentic geek/nerd look.

That's nothing new. Patrick Bateman was doing that shit in the eighties.

agreed

if u want piercings but ur job wont let u, choose the job or the piercing, f*ck being a faker, tht makes u just as bad as the people u spend all day moaning about coz there all walking round the same

u dont need ur lip pierced or your nose for tht matter to be a goth, punk, metaler, or any bullshit label people put on themselfs these days

fuckin hell! i had to cut all my hair off, shave my arab breard and take out both my nose rings just to get a fucking job! i wish i could still put them in, but sadly no.

was anyone at the gig at kef on sunday night? HAHA fuckin madist! i dont think i have ever see so many preteen "goth" sluts in my life! they all seem to want to out slut each other!

Guest bluesxman

I don't have any elitist beliefs about piercings or anything, I just found it amusing that people find a need to wear fake piercings to uphold an image they obviously feel they need to project. Just seems kinda...sad to me, but hey that's just my opinion.

And yes at least they won't be left with loadsa holes in their lugs unlike me.:up:

fake piercings also put me in mind of the whole emo-glasses cult - whereby contrivedly wan or bookish young boys and girls with 20/20 vision wonder around with clear-glass spectacles for that authentic geek/nerd look.

That one always amused me. Glasses are worn to help a disability (poor vision being a very common and relatively mild disability)

You don't see people wearing hearing aids, sitting in wheelchairs, or dying their hair ginger purely as 'fashion' accessories... so why pretend to be disabled if you're not?

I think dying yr hair ginger on purpose counts as a mental illness, therefore a disability...

I agree. I have a friend who is ginger but feels the need to dye it even more ginger. He is a complete tool.

Apparently he wears black lipstick and extremely tight black jeans and a long black leather coat to go clubbing. Now imaging that with his ginger hair on top.

Hes trying to hard to be different and just ends up coming across as a complete cock.