aberdeen-music

crocodile hunter steve irwin dead

delboy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a fucking shame, steve irwin was an utter legend!!

can't say he didn't have it coming though, he has had many a close call with dangerous animals... i guess he just pissed off 1 too many :down:

What a waste of life.

Having said that, it never ceases to amaze me how many people start bubbling & greeting over the demise of an over-priviledged celebrity who they didn't know personally (the nation's reaction hedonistic Princess Di's death being the pinnacle of crassness) - "Ooh I'm so emotional, look at me I'm more upset than you" - yet cannot be arsed checking on their helpless old neighbour from time to time, or helping anyone else for that matter.

For some reason I was at least expecting some form of attack video rather than a rubbish remix thing. Not necessarily the death video (which I imagine will never surface).

Don't bet on that. Remember, this is the internet. I remember when sites were showing the american guy...Nick something being beheaded by Muslim extremists. Not exactly soemthing you want to see. It wouldn't surprise me if this was on the net within the next few years.

Anyway, it's a shame he's dead. As eccentric as he was, he was good to watch. There's not many like him.

RIP Steve.

Don't bet on that. Remember' date=' this is the internet. I remember when sites were showing the american guy...Nick something being beheaded by Muslim extremists. Not exactly soemthing you want to see. It wouldn't surprise me if this was on the net within the next few years.

Anyway, it's a shame he's dead. As eccentric as he was, he was good to watch. There's not many like him.

RIP Steve.[/quote']

Yep, some things are better left unseen.

I would liked to have seen the demise of Tommy Cooper, it was apparently a hoot, a great way to go for a comedian - far better than spending years drooling and being incontinent in an old folks home, but not quite up to the stripper and coke shennanigans of certain rock stars.

What a waste of life.

Having said that' date=' it never ceases to amaze me how many people start bubbling & greeting over the demise of an over-priviledged celebrity who they didn't know personally (the nation's reaction hedonistic Princess Di's death being the pinnacle of crassness) - "Ooh I'm so emotional, look at me I'm more upset than you" - yet cannot be arsed checking on their helpless old neighbour from time to time, or helping anyone else for that matter.[/quote']

I wouldn't say that Steve Irwin was 'over priviledged'. He struck me as quite down to earth for soembody so popular. the guy opened and operated a conservational zoo and got the public interested in wildlife through risking his own life, as well as managing to be an eccentric entertaining bloke.

And apparently he was the third person in Australia to be killed by a Stingray in recorded history, so no, they're not renowned as particularly dangerous.

Don't you think it was the way he'd have wanted to go though? He obviously loved his job and wildlife in general but he knew the risks of working with wild animals. It was going to happen sooner or later.

Poor Bindi, her father was shooting the footage for her to present, thats going to mess you up a bit.

It's a real shame, though I suppose everyone who ever saw his show expected it to happen sooner or later. As others said I'm not sure why but I'm pretty sad about Steve dying though I was never a huge fan. I guess if everyone who watched his TV shows learned just one thing about wildlife and nature then his work is done.

I'm gonna go out tonight and have a few pints of fosters and toast the croc hunter.

Guest DustyDeviada
I would liked to have seen the demise of Tommy Cooper' date=' it was apparently a hoot, a great way to go for a comedian - far better than spending years drooling and being incontinent in an old folks home, but not quite up to the stripper and coke shennanigans of certain rock stars.[/quote']

I remember watching it, live on TV on a Sunday night!

It wasn't a hoot though, it was just very, very bizarre, nobody knew what the hell was going on.

I remember watching it' date=' live on TV on a Sunday night!

It wasn't a hoot though, it was just very, very bizarre, nobody knew what the hell was going on.[/quote']

Me too - I think some folks thought it was a gag. It got even more ridiculous when they tried to move him - he was a giant of a man and weighed plenty!!!

1. I wouldn't say that Steve Irwin was 'over priviledged'.

2. And apparently he was the third person in Australia to be killed by a Stingray in recorded history' date=' so no, they're not renowned as particularly dangerous.[/quote']

1. I was having more of a pop at the public - I'm sure Mr Irwin was a top geezer.

2. I read that on Wikipedia - what are the odds? Wouldn't have minded putting tenner on that.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Well' date=' they are if they stab you in the heart. The poison I believe would have caused him to have a heart-attack at least if he was stabbed elsewhere.[/quote']

Bullshit

I think the nature of this thread would suggest otherwise. The thing was 2.5m long. Thats a big fucking stingray.

Everything you read on the net about stingrays points to that they're generally non aggressive and their poison is not lethal' date=' it seems this was just a tragic, freak accident, the position he was swimming in allowed the barb to go directly into his heart.[/color']