aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
jester1470

Best Film/TV Detective

Following on from Del's thread, I figured this had to be said and there can be only one:

basilrathbone17.jpg

The mighty Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes, the best detective (though Jeremy Brett was also good). Other classics include the old Charlie Chan films, they dont make classic detective films anymore,

Cheers

Stuart

Was taggart murdered? I can't remember.

If so' date=' he was a shite policeman/detective.[/quote']

I seem to remember an explosion...I think it was a fire maybe.

i dont get why they still call it taggert' date=' he's been dead since 1994[/quote']

They don't. They call it "Taggart" :p

I suppose it's just because it was an established show, and a name chnage would confuse retards.

It's got to be Poirot for me, I love the way he seems to give the impression that he knows from the start who's responsible and he's just going through the investigation for something to do.

columbo is tops especially when the baddie is at that the point of thinking he/she has got away with it and he turns round with that puzzled look and says 'oh and just one more thing...'

Guest DustyDeviada
columbo is tops especially when the baddie is at that the point of thinking he/she has got away with it and he turns round with that puzzled look and says 'oh and just one more thing...'

+1, Columbo is the best.

Taggart's half-brother was the guy out The Sweet, fact fans.

Guest bluesxman

Since everyone else is focussing on TV and so stuff I never watch, I'm going to go with the film option and go with Dirty Harry. Cool, hard and with a big f**k off gun. And he has cool music in his films too. Second place goes to Harry Angel in Angel Heart. Cool, scruffy and shags Lisa Bonet. Pity it turns out to be his daughter but ah well, he was going to hell anyway....

Columbo was the best tv detective and everyone knows that

Altho i read in one of my olde comics that if Qyuincy ME was to fight columbo (no weapons) Quincy would win...........I do not think this would be the case but aparenty studies were done it it and its fact :(

Guest DustyDeviada
Since everyone else is focussing on TV and so stuff I never watch' date=' I'm going to go with the film option and go with Dirty Harry. Cool, hard and with a big f**k off gun. And he has cool music in his films too. [/quote']

Yep, Dirty Harry is the best.

I went to San Francisco a couple of years ago and did the Dirty Harry tour courtesy of this website:

http://www.pruney.com/movietours/harry/intro/

Ace if you're going to San Fran, but a good read even if you're not.

I even pressed my nose right up against the big cement cross, Harry style, but fortunately Scorpio didn't come out of the bushes and start beating me up, so I had no use for the flick knife I had taped to my leg.

Yes, I am sad.

I'm going to include Fox Mulder in this' date=' even though he's FBI. His ability to make correct assumptions is outstanding.[/quote']

Tbh i dont know why he doesnt get his own show....I kinda like him throughout the entore series of xfiles even when it got poopoo