aberdeen-music

italian clubs relegated

Guest Bob Double Jack

Cheating bastards deserve all they get. AC will still do well despite starting the season -15.

But Inter shall reign supreme! Apparantley they are lining up a move for Trezuget, Ibrahimavic or Toni. They will sign only one but whoever it is will form a deadly partnership with the Emperor and rip up Serie A!

I think they should have relegated all four.

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there wondering why it was Berlusconi's team that avoided relegation, and I think that setting the minimum punishment for match fixing as relegation is much more of a deterrent than -15 points and no europe for a season.

Imagine if it was Scotland. Would they do the same for the Old Firm?? Highly debatable!

Technically it could happen, with the new rules concerning sectarian singing. Can't be bothered looking for the regulations and punishments, but they are out there somewhere

Guest Bob Double Jack
I think they should have relegated all four.

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there wondering why it was Berlusconi's team that avoided relegation' date=' and I think that setting the minimum punishment for match fixing as relegation is much more of a deterrent than -15 points and no europe for a season.[/quote']

ian, i've never heard you speaking sense before! (apart from when you tell morgan to turn down at soundchecks):D :D

Punishments:

Juventus:

* Relegated to Serie B

* 30-point deduction for next season

* Stripped of 2005 and 2006 titles

* Out of 2006-07 Champions League

* Five-year ban for ex-general manager Luciano Moggi

* Five-year ban for ex-chief executive Antonio Giraudo

AC Milan:

* Deducted 15 points next season

* One-year ban for vice-president Adriano Galliani

* Club official Leonardo Meani banned for three years and six months

Fiorentina:

* Relegated to Serie B

* 12-point deduction next season

* President Andrea Della Valle banned for three years and six months

* Four-year ban for honorary president Diego Della Valle

Lazio:

* Relegated to Serie B

* Out of 2006-07 Uefa Cup

* 7-point deduction next season

* Three-year ban for president Claudio Lotito

The following punishments were given to individuals:

* Luciano Moggi: 50,000 fine and 5 year ban from football, with a further recommendation to the FIGC President that he be banned for life from membership of the FIGC at any level.

* Antonio Giraudo: 20,000 fine and 5 year ban from football, with a further recommendation to the FIGC President that he be banned for life from membership of the FIGC at any level.

* Adriano Galliani: 1 year ban from football.

* Leonardo Meani: 3.5 year ban from football.

* Andrea Della Valle: 20,000 fine and 3.5 year ban from football.

* Diego Della Valle: 30,000 fine and 4 year ban from football.

* Claudio Lotito: 10,000 fine and 3.5 year ban from football.

* Franco Carraro: 4.5 year ban from football.

* Innocenzo Mazzini: 5 year ban from football.

* Tullio Lanese: 2.5 year ban from football.

* Pierluigi Pairetto: 2.5 year ban from football.

* Gennaro Mazzei: 1 year ban from football.

* Pietro Ingargiola: Given a warning.

* Massimo De Santis: 4.5 year ban from football.

* Paolo Dondarini: 3.5 year ban from football.

* Fabrizio Babini: 1 year ban from football.

* Gianluca Paparesta: 3 month ban from football.

* Claudio Puglisi: 1 year ban from football.

Missing the Champions league is gonna be a massive blow for all clubs involved. Massive loss of revenue and respect. Any word on how Fifa plan to replace the 3 teams that should have been there? I'm assuming they'll need to make up the numbers in order for the tournament to work...

Cheating bastards deserve all they get. AC will still do well despite starting the season -15.

But Inter shall reign supreme! Apparantley they are lining up a move for Trezuget' date=' Ibrahimavic or Toni. They will sign only one but whoever it is will form a deadly partnership with the Emperor and rip up Serie A![/quote']

Trezuget sucked at the World Cup and not just because his Penalty hit the cross bar!

Missing the Champions league is gonna be a massive blow for all clubs involved. Massive loss of revenue and respect. Any word on how Fifa plan to replace the 3 teams that should have been there? I'm assuming they'll need to make up the numbers in order for the tournament to work...

They should (but I don't think it's been confirmed yet) just nominate the next best teams in Serie A to go into the Champions League. It's all dependent on the appeal though - but I reckon it's a sure fire bet that they won't be playing in Europe this season.

In my opinion though, all four teams should be starting from -30 points next season.

dont juve have something like a 30 point deduction an all meaning they will prob not get promoted this season an all. there's no excuse they were caught red handed....

Looking at the Serie B table last season, Juve will need (out of 42 games, starting from -30) 76 points to avoid a straight relegation and 78 points to avoid playing in the relegation play off with Seria C. They'd need 96 points to get into the promotion plays offs, and 108 points to secure automatic promotion. The winner of Serie B last season (Atalanta) got 81 points.

Potentially, they can get 126 points over the course of the season - so in real numbers, they need 32 wins to secure promotion next season.

When you look at these figures, it seems that the punishments just aren't harsh enough.

They should (but I don't think it's been confirmed yet) just nominate the next best teams in Serie A to go into the Champions League. It's all dependent on the appeal though - but I reckon it's a sure fire bet that they won't be playing in Europe this season.

In my opinion though' date=' all four teams should be starting from -30 points next season.[/quote']

see that's what I thought but then...

I thought some more and realised that the next best teams are already in the Uefa cup etc. does that mean that they have to re-jig the line ups for all the european competitions this year? I say just leave things as they stand and let more SPL teams into the champions league....

or Gretna:up:

The punishments were just as expected really, except maybe the minus 30 points for Juve was a little more than I thought. The punishments have to be accpeted although it is unfortunate that the players and fans have to be punished as well when they have been let down by some of the directors. There really isn't a case for any of the teams to be more severely punished as there really isn't that much evidence against Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina. Btw there is no evidence of direct match fixing and that is not what they have been charged with.

Milan do ok next season and should get a champions league spot. Juventus will have the strongest team in serie B next season so they wont be relegated like some people have said and there is a chance of a play-off spot although that would be a great achievement.

I don't think there will be quite as big as selling spree as people have said and I really don't think many players will be coming over to England. I certainly hope they stay in Italy. A lot of the Juve players that go would have been very likely to leave anyway.

I don't think there will be quite as big as selling spree as people have said and I really don't think many players will be coming over to England. I certainly hope they stay in Italy. A lot of the Juve players that go would have been very likely to leave anyway.

I certainly don't think there will be anyone leaving AC Milan. I think a fair amount of Juve players will leave and i reckon the big guns like Luca Toni from Fiorentina will go too.

see that's what I thought but then...

I thought some more and realised that the next best teams are already in the Uefa cup etc. does that mean that they have to re-jig the line ups for all the european competitions this year? I say just leave things as they stand and let more SPL teams into the champions league....

or Gretna:up:

yeah

thats probably the case

they'll just spread out some extra allocations to other leagues i reckon..

mon the Gretna!

:up: