aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Speaking of dodgy refs, Stuart Dougal had a shocker at Firhill yesterday, my spy at the game texting that he sent Paddy Keogh off for the square root of hee-haw and turned the game against us. Prick!

(Went to Links Park in the end, you will not be surprised to know that Montrose lost. Again.)

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

CIS Cup Final

And it finished:

Kilmarnock 1-5 Hibernian

Rass, Diesel, your boys took one hell of a beating. The fifth goal was a howler and a half.

Post split fixtures have been announced:

Scottish Premier League | News and Features | News | Post-split Bank of Scotland Premierleague fixtures

Aberdeen got the following:

Hibs (H) - live on setanta

Killie (H)

Hearts (A) - live on setanta

Celtic (A)

Rangers (H)

Not too bad, hopefully 3rd place will be wrapped up with 2 quick home wins. Then if we beat hearts and get something from Celtic (yeah right) we might have an exciting end to the season against the Huns (if they drop some points before then). Think the last 2 weekend's live games have still to be decided as well.

2nd place decider on the last day of the season?

I think we'l have dropped away by then but its a possibility. That would be magic. My only concern of getting second place (and I dinna think we will) would be to get dunted out the 1st qualifying round for the CL which doesn't allow for falling back into the UEFA Cup for which we would have a (slim) chance of qualifying for the group stages. If you offered me second place right now I'd "bite your hand off" mind you.

I think we've possibly got the best fixtures we could have realistically hoped for. Celtic will have it wrapped up so may field young guys and fringe players so you never know...

Post split fixtures have been announced:

Scottish Premier League | News and Features | News | Post-split Bank of Scotland Premierleague fixtures

Aberdeen got the following:

Hibs (H) - live on setanta

Killie (H)

Hearts (A) - live on setanta

Celtic (A)

Rangers (H)

Not too bad, hopefully 3rd place will be wrapped up with 2 quick home wins. Then if we beat hearts and get something from Celtic (yeah right) we might have an exciting end to the season against the Huns (if they drop some points before then). Think the last 2 weekend's live games have still to be decided as well.

Deacent games like, ill be happy for 3rd but 2nd would be just grand!!

Good that we are getting another couple of televised games, which helps if im offshore!!

Ill just check the dates now. (FINGERS CROSSED)!!!

So Heres the story:

Miss Hibs which is alright as it is on the tele.

Home for Killie, Hearts and Celtic!!

BUT this is the fuckin killer, I am offshore for what could (Although very doubtful) be The Dons biggest game for nearly 25 Years. MOTHERFUCKER AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! :swearing::down:X(;(

Nevermind though as a fatman once sang 2 out of 3 aint bad!! :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
after such a miserable season its just nice to have that nice contented grin when you've won handsomely smile beaming across me face tonight. still deep in relegation shit mind just not as deep!

Same here, my fellow sufferer, the DA had a most majestic win at the Caley Stadium last week (sorry Ross). Our season starts now!

We're stayin' up, we're stayin' up, Pars are stayin' up.........

Same here, my fellow sufferer, the DA had a most majestic win at the Caley Stadium last week (sorry Ross). Our season starts now!

We're stayin' up, we're stayin' up, Pars are stayin' up.........

its just nice to have that hope, another win on sat and we'll be in with a good shout of avoiding the drop. also had some good off the field the news - there was an EGM tonight and a motion was passed allowing fresh investment into the club. had the motion not carried we might have been looking at administration (again) and certain relegation with the 10 point deduction.

who you fancy to take over then???

I'd have been in the pro Jim Duffy camp, but he's got a cushy number at Norwich, so hee-haw chance of getting him.

Ian McCall is the favourite: he's been quoted in the past as saying he'd fancy it, however we'd probably have to buy off his contract (we're skint), and I don't like the cunt.

I'd take a gamble on Allan Moore - local, knows the value of the shirt, wouldn't be too expensive to nick from SA, and he sets teams up to attack.....

I'd have been in the pro Jim Duffy camp, but he's got a cushy number at Norwich, so hee-haw chance of getting him.

Ian McCall is the favourite: he's been quoted in the past as saying he'd fancy it, however we'd probably have to buy off his contract (we're skint), and I don't like the cunt.

I'd take a gamble on Allan Moore - local, knows the value of the shirt, wouldn't be too expensive to nick from SA, and he sets teams up to attack.....

Having settled his lawsuit yesterday, I believe Graeme Rix is now available...