aberdeen-music

Aberdonian Monopoly slates Dundee

I'm sure there's already an Aberdonian version of Monopoly. I'm sure I saw the box very briefly...but then again' date=' this is the BBC and they can't be wrong.[/quote']

Actually they're not wrong there isnt an Aberdeen version of Monopoly, there is however a knock off which is exactly the same called Aberdeenopoly, this wasnt produced by Parker Bros so isnt a proper monopoly set. So the BBC in this case is correct :p Strangely enough I am a collector of Monopoly sets with 3 different Star Wars, a Star Trek and a few others..

Though reading the comments is funny they're blaming Aberdeen for it when Aberdeen had nothing to do with it, it was the choice of Hasbro/Parker Bros, Dundonians proving they're not very good at reading stories on the news either...

Cheers

Stuart

a few others..

Though reading the comments is funny they're blaming Aberdeen for it when Aberdeen had nothing to do with it' date=' it was the choice of Hasbro/Parker Bros, Dundonians proving they're not very good at reading stories on the news either...

[/quote']

The Evening Express did a bit about which I have to admit was funny.

Basically for and against Aberdeen and Dundee.

What do you call a pretty girl in Dundee?

A visitor:P(i'll get slated by a Dundee girl no doubt)

I hate Dundee Utd with every bone in my body' date=' so this made my day!![/quote']

Wait a minute, why do you hate Dundee Utd? you don't support aberdeen!

A Dundee supporting friend of mine once shouted "you filthy arab" at someone wearing a Dundee Utd shirt in London...which in hindsight, probably wasn't the cleverest thing to do :|

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Wait a minute' date=' why do you hate Dundee Utd? you don't support aberdeen!

[/quote']

He supports Inverness. His manager sold him out to move to the Arabs, and is now in the process of trying to dismember his team. As a Dunfermline fan, and bearing in mind what the FJTM* did to us, I know where he's coming from.

*FJTM=Fat Judas Tango Man. "It tak's a lang spoon tae sup wi' a Fifer". Which means we're fucking good at holding grudges.

A Monopoly spokesman said that any offence taken in Dundee was unfortunate.

What a belter of a comment..

I love this board. That and the shit-stained lego are the funniest things I've read in days.

I'm actually quite surprised Dundee takes offence: everyone I've ever known from there slags the place off as soon as they are asked where they'd from. However much Dundonian spokesman are keen to leap to their town's defence rather than just claiming it's a good city they should actually try and make it one, rather than simply putting up a sign as you go in saying something as meaningless as "Dundee, City of Discovery." The only thing I discovered when I went there is that I didn't want to go back.

When it was awarded Scotland's cleanest city I recall there was speculation that that was because you couldn't tell what was the rubbish and what wasn't...