aberdeen-music

Andy Murray, The World Cup and Politics

Guest Bob

It's all coming together isn't it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5128028.stm

And because Andy said he'd be supporting "anyone but England" this is the kind of thing being posted on his website.

“I hope you get stuffed you un-patriotic arrogant man.” (Ironic)

“You have an extremely poor attitude, yet I come to expect that from most Scots.”

“If you hate England so much what are you doing down here? Simple answer to all of this, stay in Scotland. Live your wonderfully short sporting life in Scotland, we don’t want you here you RACIST BIGGOT. “

“Anyone but Murray”

Apparantly you can buy that one as a T-shirt. :)

There has also been comments about Dunblane and his mother on the site.

What's your opinion on it all?

Behold the awful price of treason. Get to your knees, kiss the emblem on my robe.. and you shall feel no more!

The fucking media these days...

They gripe at the players for not winning tournaments, then as they play tournaments, they fuck with there heads as they play.. they need the support the most, they get let down superbly by these fucking morons who pick up on stupid comments.

OH BTW, He's Scottish you bunch of frilly-fairy cakes. It's like moaning at Nigeria for not supporting Ghana.

I think the pieces are moving into place for a United UK. Fuck that. You want us United? Give us our fucking Country back you cocks.

the whole things a load of shit tbh. it's his choice whether he supports england or not. i hate the whole scottish people hating english people and vice versa.

also england didn't take our country, we entered into a treaty of union of our own free will because our country was fucked. it was almost bankrupt due to the darien scheme, where scotland tried to colonise panama: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dari%C3%A9n_scheme

me, i'm quite happy to support england in the world cup but that's my own choice and i get why people don't support them.

Big Girls Blouses

It's all coming together isn't it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5128028.stm

And because Andy said he'd be supporting "anyone but England" this is the kind of thing being posted on his website.

“I hope you get stuffed you un-patriotic arrogant man.” (Ironic)

“You have an extremely poor attitude' date=' yet I come to expect that from most Scots.”

“If you hate England so much what are you doing down here? Simple answer to all of this, stay in Scotland. Live your wonderfully short sporting life in Scotland, we don’t want you here you RACIST BIGGOT. “

“Anyone but Murray”

Apparantly you can buy that one as a T-shirt. :)

There has also been comments about Dunblane and his mother on the site.

What's your opinion on it all?[/quote']

I'm as Scottish as the heather, but the "We hate the English" pish is a national embarrasment - especially the reaction of the "big tough Scots" when English reciprocate.

The claymore-rattling "Barvehearts" (I hate that fucking "word") turn into big greetin' weans.

All we do is set ourselves up for fall after embarrasing fall with our stupid parochial attitude.

Murray deserves all he gets for making an idiotic comment like that - “If you hate England so much what are you doing down here?" - perfectly put...and it works both ways.

DZL

its amazing how wound up the english media gets (esp alan green on five live and he's irish!) if a scot dares to support anyone other than england. as an englishman i find it a pathetic reaction..... if scots want to support the opposition then why not? i dont have a problem with that but the way some of the english media speaks is that these people should be hung drawn and quartered!!!! i know its supposed to be a united kingdom but the reality as we all know is that its far from united!

irelivant of who he supports i find murray a pretencious little twat regardless....

I think the English people must be annoyed that 'tiger tim' is shite these days.

Aye, I guess Murray is a cocky bastard, but you need a bit of arrogance and swagger to succeed.

Most Scots would say the same thing as him anyway, hell half of England don't really care if England win.

People from Liverpool, Newcastle etc..... I met a bunch of them on holiday in Barcelona last week and watched the games with them and they all hate the English media and half the team too. Great bunch of lads though.

its amazing how wound up the english media gets (esp alan green on five live and he's irish!) if a scot dares to support anyone other than england. as an englishman i find it a pathetic reaction..... if scots want to support the opposition then why not? i dont have a problem with that but the way some of the english media speaks is that these people should be hung drawn and quartered!!!! i know its supposed to be a united kingdom but the reality as we all know is that its far from united!

irelivant of who he supports i find murray a pretencious little twat regardless....

The whole Eng vs Sco thing does my head in, and I really hope England do win, but it has to be said that guys like Alan Green and various others in the English media seem to have a rather short memory....

in 1978, when Scotland were the UK's sole representatives at the World Cup, the English media sent news reporters, not sports reporters, to Argentina with a remit to unearth as much scandal about the Scotland team as possible. It was some of the most negative journalism ever....and the idiots have the nerve to suggest that WE are small-minded for not supporting England when they blatently failed to support us.

This whole thing bugs me.

I'm not supporting England, and would love to see them lose. This isn't because i'm Scottish and hate the English, its because i hate the English media. I am fed up hearing about how amazing the England team is, how Rooneys foots doing, what they had for tea.

The news headlines start off with..And England are warming up for x match. Thats sports news, where's the world headlines?

The comment that bugged me most? Well, England won't meet Germany till the final.

If they weren't so arrogant about everything, i might hope they do alright

I am not anti-English for not supporting them. I just want them to lose so the media will shut up. If they do win it'll be unbearable.

And did you read the bit about someone having a go at Murray for wearing a saltire sweatband? Surely thats anti-Scottish?

Everyone knows it's just cause he's better than fucking Henman...

Damn right. Murray actually has a chance of winning Wimbledon in the future. Henman just isn't up to it.

However, I do think that the English media will come round if Murray were to win Wimbledon, or any other major for that matter.

Who cares? The kid should be a bit more media savvy than to allow himself to be drawn into such an idiotic question' date=' especially when he represents the UK. His PR team and advisors should be shot.[/quote']

Nail on head.

It shouldn't matter who he supports but his PR and even Murray should have more sense than to answer the question.

Murray's biggest mistake was expecting the media and public to take what he said in the light hearted way he meant it. But really it's been made into a bigger deal than it really is. Most English tennis fans still want Andy Murray to win, there's no bitterness that Henman never won Wimbledon, they both represent Britain and that's how most people see it. Unfortunately because of the mentality of some scots they use the situation of Henman, a very good tennis player, running out of form at the end of his career and Murray showing great potential as a point superiority for Scotland over England.