aberdeen-music

why is barry ferguson getting an mbe?

framheim

right lets stop being stupid here

OK OK hes a hun (am i allowed to say that these days)

But the charity work the lad has done for cancers child neglect and general charities is second to none

i still hate bawwy fagusin but what he has done for scottish football and scottish charities is amazing

Find facts before making posts about general randoms you hate

Rangers suck

Duh' date=' he's obviously paid Tony a few quid for it ;)[/quote']

Cloud Cloud Cloud i expected more from you WTF has paying tony got to do with the queen selecting him for her honoury birthday selections ???????

right lets stop being stupid here

OK OK hes a hun (am i allowed to say that these days)

But the charity work the lad has done for cancers child neglect and general charities is second to none

i still hate bawwy fagusin but what he has done for scottish football and scottish charities is amazing

Find facts before making posts about general randoms you hate

easy there. plenty of folk do great work for charity but i was not aware barry ferguson was one of them. fair play to him. however his award is apparently for services to sport not charity and for leading rangers to two titles. that's shite if you ask me. they didn't even win the league this season so the timing is slightly odd.

Cloud Cloud Cloud i expected more from you WTF has paying tony got to do with the queen selecting him for her honoury birthday selections ???????

the queen does not personally select people for honours. mostly it is advisors or the government who make the recommendations. find facts before posting complete nonsense eh? :p

the queen does not personally select people for honours. mostly it is advisors or the government who make the recommendations. find facts before posting complete nonsense eh? :p

Show me in this thread where i have spoke nonsence plz :)

lol m8

the queen is given a list granted which is probably supported by the government....Not paying tony

Another thing HE isnt being given an mbe for solely his contributions to sport so please re-check your facts m8....

I take it we all read the same reports in the same papers yesterday and tbh sky news .........CONTRIBUTION TO SPORT AND SCOTTISH CHARITYS is what i read ...It even went onto say more abou his charity work than his football

Plus guys if his name is on the list its there for a reason..... I can bet none of your names was on this list meaning wtf does it matter what we think

I mean guys get your head out the sand.... BAWWY might be a bawbag in our eyes but hes scottish and hes done more than anyh of us ever have for scottish football and charitys

this is what i read from the bbc news website:

"Rangers and Scotland football captain Barry Ferguson has been given an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours.

The 28-year-old received recognition for services to the sport after leading Rangers to two league titles."

so i think it's pretty clear from that why i believed it's for services to sport.

It was a tounge in cheek remark in reference to the amount of honours-for-cash scandals that "New" Labour have been involved in. ;) Obviously slipping Tony a brown envelope full of cash would be one way to get on such a list :D

The 28-year-old received recognition for services to the sport after leading Rangers to two league titles."

Wow I cant believe a team has won two titles. That has never been done before.

There is so much more deserving people than this guy REGARDLESS of his charity work.

this is what i read from the bbc news website:

"Rangers and Scotland football captain Barry Ferguson has been given an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours.

so i think it's pretty clear from that why i believed it's for services to sport.

well, also on the bbc

"Everyone associated with Rangers Football Club is very proud of Barry," said Murray.

"And I'm sure his family is very proud of the recognition he has had for his football and his charity work."

Ferguson is currently heavily involved in the Rangers Charity Foundation.

well' date=' also on the bbc

"Everyone associated with Rangers Football Club is very proud of Barry," said Murray.

"And I'm sure his family is very proud of the recognition he has had for his football and his charity work."

Ferguson is currently heavily involved in the Rangers Charity Foundation.[/quote']

was that on the same article? i don't recall seeing it on the day.