aberdeen-music

cmon then babyshambles fans, defend this one

framheim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you have a guest list slot' date=' because you'll be contributing to that twats income!

talk all the way through the gig...go on, I dare you.[/quote']

I'd pay to see him OD on stage, plus if i get close enough maybe i can be 'the guy that beat the crap out of pete docherty' :p (a joke of course, i wouldn't personally contribute to his already idolatory status)

Guest DustyDeviada
He is going to end up like Kurt Cobain but with out the good songs.

Ha ha! Here's hoping! Anyone got a spare shotgun they can lend him?

Kate Moss must be a right tool as well.

while he is a scumbag i get quite annoyed when folk on here say people only go cos the NME told them to, cos its quite simply a load of bollocks. i love a lot of the music doherty's produced and it sure as hell aint because its cool or the NME said i should.

hes a junky, he doesn't know what the hell hes doing. hes obviously messed up beyond belief, the same was Cobain was in the early 90s.

but yeah its impossible to defend this, and all his other actions...but id like you to tell me why this makes his music less valid?

Guest five years
while he is a scumbag i get quite annoyed when folk on here say people only go cos the NME told them to' date=' cos its quite simply a load of bollocks. i love a lot of the music doherty's produced and it sure as hell aint because its cool or the NME said i should.

hes a junky, he doesn't know what the hell hes doing. hes obviously messed up beyond belief, the same was Cobain was in the early 90s.

but yeah its impossible to defend this, and all his other actions...but id like you to tell me why this makes his music less valid?[/quote']

personally i guess it's just because i just don't get why people worship him, let's look at the evidence:

no technical playing ability needed for any of his songs - therefore it's not because he's a great guitar player

nothing to admire about his character - junkie scumbag who ripped off his best mate and bandmember forcing a successful (though god knows why) band to part ways only to spawn 2/3 watered down offshoots that also are fucking awful.

only thing in which to see any good might be in his lyrics, which could just as easily be consigned to poetry and much easier ignored.