aberdeen-music

E3 Sony PS3 news

framheim

Hahahaha I take it that poster is fake.

yea credit goes to 'best bit' from the oxm360 forums for that one.

ps3 does look interesting but it just annoys me how they make themselves out to be the bees knees when all they do is nick other peoples ideas. now they're going round touting the fact that a worldwide launch and two different price points is a fantastic thing and makes sony great when they slagged microsoft off for doing the exact same thing. o_O

The reason it is so expensive is because of the Blu Ray and Cell technology shifting the cost of manufacturing a single PS3 unit to about $800. If Sony didn't have as much 3rd party support as it does, the PS3 would be completely fucked, as it is obviously relying on software sales to compensate for that huge per unit cost.

Also, it's software development kit costs $20000. Compare this to the Wii's: $2000.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii won back the hearts of huge developers such as Square-Enix and making Final Fantasy unique to one platform (maybe not a good example, ans Square-Enix are a bunch of money grabbing cunts nowadays and will obviously make it a multi platform franchise).

they are also stealing the whole online gaming bit that microsoft brought to the board on consoles.

the new pads look shit and sound like they will be shit.

The "New" pads are just the same as the old pads, apart from they're wireless, and will apparently encompass some sort of tilt movement thingy.

The "New" pads are just the same as the old pads' date=' apart from they're wireless, and will apparently encompass some sort of tilt movement thingy.[/quote']

along with a 'playstation' button in the middle. now where have i seen that before? :D

i'm a bit disappointed tbh, while i've not made any secret of the fact i'm not a sony fan i was hoping they'd take the opportunity to redesign their pads and really show why they're the market leader. i guess it'll be down to their marketing again to do the job.

along with a 'playstation' button in the middle. now where have i seen that before? :D

i'm a bit disappointed tbh' date=' while i've not made any secret of the fact i'm not a sony fan i was hoping they'd take the opportunity to redesign their pads and really show why they're the market leader. i guess it'll be down to their marketing again to do the job.[/quote']

I like the Playstation pads. Their not stupid user unfriendly lumps like N64, and well their still slightly better than XBox in my opinion. Easy to hold/manouvre around.

not a big fan of the dual shocks though' date=' those analogue sticks need moving.[/quote']

Did you see that the new pads aren't going to have the rumble function either? It's yet another bad move by Sony - I really, really can't imagine playing (say) Gran Turismo without having some sort of feedback from the controller now.

Did you see that the new pads aren't going to have the rumble function either? It's yet another bad move by Sony - I really' date=' really can't imagine playing (say) Gran Turismo without having some sort of feedback from the controller now.[/quote']

yea they had to take the rumble out because it would mess up the tilt funtion which is fair enough i guess.

is it now cool to not like sony? the ps2 still outsells every console and thats because it has the best controller and the best games. xbox is good for one thing' date=' Halo and thats it[/quote']

um going by sony's recent actions xbox is also good for their online service, the way they launch new consoles and aspects of the controller design(the xbox button in the middle of the 360 controller). speaking of sony having the best games gta4 is going to come out on both ps3 and 360 at the same time but 360 will have exclusive episodic downloadable content. oh and square enix now publish games on 360 and sony no longer have the exclusive smackdown vs raw licence.

personally i prefer xbox over ps2 but i can't compare ps3 to 360 as the things not out yet. to say the ps3's going to be better before it's even released is just silly.

Nowt to do with the lawsuit they have been fighting over about who owns the rights to dualshock technology then ;)

no no, i'm sure paying a huge amount of money in licencing the rumble technology for future pads had absolutely no bearing on their decision to remove another companies rumble technology they illegally introduced to their pads. ;)