aberdeen-music

Did anyone see the chimney get blown up?

paime

I went to see that chimney being demolished in Tillydrone the other day. It was quite good but its not what really grabbed my attention cos surrounding me were about 200 other people, all of working age, so why weren't they at work? The vast majority were all smoking, had fancy camera phones/camcorders/digital cameras to record the carnage with and dogs. Now, im not one to stereotype but im guessing that a lot of these guys were on benefits - benefits which you and me pay for!!! I dont have a camera cos i cant afford one, i dont have a dog cos i cant afford one and i doubt i could afford to smoke so why should i pay for them to have all the things i cant have even though they dont do any work to get it for themselves, makes my blood boil!!!

*rant over*

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to see that chimney being demolished in Tillydrone the other day. It was quite good but its not what really grabbed my attention cos surrounding me were about 200 other people' date=' all of working age, so why weren't they at work? The vast majority were all smoking, had fancy camera phones/camcorders/digital cameras to record the carnage with and dogs. Now, im not one to stereotype but im guessing that a lot of these guys were on benefits - benefits which you and me pay for!!! I dont have a camera cos i cant afford one, i dont have a dog cos i cant afford one and i doubt i could afford to smoke so why should i pay for them to have all the things i cant have even though they dont do any work to get it for themselves, makes my blood boil!!!

*rant over*[/quote']

Maybe, just maybe, living in Aberdeen they were offshore workers on their time off.

This thread is fucking great.....

Let me get this straight, right - a student, hardly the most celebrated of workers in society according to stereotype, is having a rant at "homeless junkies" with camera phones (hardly the most expensive of technologies nowadays) who just so happened to be having a fag at the same time as well?

Now, the assumptions that the individual is basing his slightly prejudiced and decriminatory views on are the fact that it was a Monday during working hours.

This is despite the fact -

it was Easter Monday during the school holidays so half the town was off.

It was a pretty watchable spectable, to be honest.

He's "not one to stereotype".

And, most obviously, he was in Tillydrone. Fuck sake, min - you were in Tillydrone, do you expect everyone to be in top hat and tails????????

(disclaimer- the final "fact" was delivered with tongue firmly in cheek.)

Best statement of the whole misinformed Daily Mail style rant was surely "why should i pay for them to have all the things i cant have even though they dont do any work".

Fucking right-wing students, eh?