T Break - the results

Jammer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t break press release

T Break 2006 Showcases Announced!

T Break 2006 has been the most successful in the events history with over 1000 demos received from a variety of musical genres.

The standard this year was extremely high and choosing 48 bands to play at the showcases was no easy feat for the T Break judges.

Showcases will be taking place at Edinburghs Liquid Room from May 7th - 10th and King Tuts Wah Wah Hut from May 11th-14th, tickets can be purchased in advance from the venues and are priced 5.

A full list of showcase artists can be found at the end of this release and details can also be found at the brand new T Break website www.tbreak.co.uk where you can register for updates. Also make sure you are the first to hear our T Break podcasts, the first of which will be available to download in May.

Dont forget the Seminar Day which takes place on May 19th at the CCA in Glasgow. As in previous years the seminar will feature workshops held by representatives from Radio One, One Music, PRS, Sunday Herald, Musicians Union, New Deal and the A&R community. Every year hundreds of musicians turn up to hear the advice and feedback that will help to shape their future careers. Keep an eye on www.tbreak.co.uk for full details.previous years the seminar will feature workshops held by representatives from Radio One, One Music, PRS, Sunday Herald,

Please note details of those budding journalists and keen photographers who have been selected to attend the showcases as official T Break correspondents for the Sunday Herald have yet to be released.

George Kyle, Head of Sponsorship at Tennents Lager said that; It is fantastic to see the continuing strength of T Break, the standard of entries this year bodes well for some very exciting showcases in May. The developments to the website have been a big part of T Break 2006 and we are looking forward to the response to the first podcast at the start of May.

Vic Galloway, DJ, Radio 1 in Scotland added that; It's amazing to think that over a 1000 different artists across Scotland submitted their recordings to the T-Break panel of judges this year. It just shows how many ambitious people there are in Scotland who want a chance to get noticed by music industry insiders, and obviously get a spot at T in the Park. As you can imagine the competition was really fierce and it's been almost impossible to narrow that number down to 48 showcase bands. It has, however, been done and the judges are now all knackered but also very proud of the inspired and talented people out there making music. I'm really chuffed to be involved again with T Break this year, as my Radio 1 show continues to support brand new music across all genres. The standard has been the highest yet, so bring on the showcases - good luck y'all.

Dave McGeachan, DF Concerts commented; Its tremendous to see that the vibrant music scene in Scotland is continuing to thrive. T Break has raised the profile of a number of acts over the years from Travis to Biffy Clyro and most recently has helped the likes of The Cinematics, Unkle Bob and Fickle Public to attract the attention of the music industry. We are really looking forward to hearing the next generation of Scottish success stories at the T Break 2006 showcases in May.

The only band I have heard on that list are Scunner whom I caught recently in Aberdeen. While they were ok, if thats the standard of band getting through, then Aberdeen bands have hit an all time low!

Cheese metal, cock'n'roll and MTV2 clones....its music with a sell-by date, and its very close to expiration, hence none of the local bands I have caught recently will ever be taken seriously.

I'd imagine the local bands that have blown me away recently don't care for silly battle of the bands style competitions anyway!

The only band I have heard on that list are Scunner whom I caught recently in Aberdeen. While they were ok' date=' if thats the standard of band getting through, then Aberdeen bands have hit an all time low!

Cheese metal, cock'n'roll and MTV2 clones....its music with a sell-by date, and its very close to expiration, hence none of the local bands I have caught recently will ever be taken seriously.

I'd imagine the local bands that have blown me away recently don't care for silly battle of the bands style competitions anyway![/quote']

Wow there are bands who manage to become an imitation of a whole music tv station when performing! I'd pay to see that.

Guest Gasss

Is it this time of year again? Yes!!!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

T-break is like a sea of bile. The best you can hope for is to surf on it.

P.S. One of Sweetheart is from Aberdeen.

• 1 month later...