aberdeen-music

T Break - the results

Jammer

Actually the reverse worked a bit for Alyssa's Wish.....it was like 100 degrees outside and they sell beer in the Tbreak tent....:up:

They don't sell beer in the T Break anymore, must have been a one off. Festival layout is different now and the T Break tent is way down the bottom beside the cows and not near anywhere else, not too far from a beer tent like. Needless to say that it will be different again this year. Mucho complaing last year apparently.

J

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either no Aberdeen/Inverness etc bands entered or it's gone as I predicted when they scrapped the regional heats' date=' central belt bias big style.[/quote']

Scenario

1/ Local bands don't enter due to the feeling of central belt bias and then moan that no local bands are playing.

2/ That bands that did enter were in fact, predominantly, guff (devils advocate)

3/ Central belt bias

4/ A little of all of the above

Oh and- No record company folk go to the T Break Stage because they are drinking backstage telling one another how ace they are. T in The Park is just a big fancy and fun gig and best approached as such :up:

Scenario

1/ Local bands don't enter due to the feeling of central belt bias anf then moan that no local bands are playing.

2/ That bands that did enter were in fact' date=' predominantly, guff (devils advocate)

3/ Central belt bias

4/ A little of all of the above[/quote']

I think point 2 would apply to any city, certainly judging by the few bands that I've heard from that list.

You missed out 3.5/ Most bands know it's a waste of time, cos even if it is on your biography, who's impressed by someone playing the T-Break tent?

I think point 2 would apply to any city' date=' certainly judging by the few bands that I've heard from that list.

You missed out 3.5/ Most bands know it's a waste of time, cos even if it is on your biography, who's impressed by someone playing the T-Break tent?[/quote']

Bands from up Moray/Inverness area did enter and they aren't guff. Maybe all the central belt bands are incredibly good...but if they are I'll eat my hat.

Who really knows about the selection but if it is some regional biais then it's a really poor show.

Surely there must be a few decent Aberdeen bands at the moment. I'm surprised if not.

Scenario

Oh and- No record company folk go to the T Break Stage because they are drinking backstage telling one another how ace they are. T in The Park is just a big fancy and fun gig and best approached as such :up:

Thats fucking terrible man! Let the kids have a dream!!! etc

Scenario

1/ Local bands don't enter due to the feeling of central belt bias and then moan that no local bands are playing.

2/ That bands that did enter were in fact' date=' predominantly, guff (devils advocate)

3/ Central belt bias

4/ A little of all of the above

Oh and- No record company folk go to the T Break Stage because they are drinking backstage telling one another how ace they are. T in The Park is just a big fancy and fun gig and best approached as such :up:[/quote']

Its well worth it, it gives the band and their 13 crew members free entry to T in the park which is a valuable prize in itself.

One has to assume that the GN selection process is even more dubious* than that of T Break....some quite baffling selections and non selections imo.

*well fucking dodgy like

Yup...fills everyone with bags of confidence in such organistions and their "processes" . Aye right :gringo: