aberdeen-music

drunken playing

paime

There comes a point when you can be too of your tits to play.

And youve got to think that folk have normally paid good money to come and see your band and you still need to be able to play a show.

I totally agree! But i wanna know how people like slash can get high as fuck on a cocktail of drugs and booze and still play a stormer of a show. When im pissed as a fart i can't even focus on my guitar let alone picking it up and balance standing up with the extra weight on my shoulder!

I totally agree! But i wanna know how people like slash can get high as fuck on a cocktail of drugs and booze and still play a stormer of a show. When im pissed as a fart i can't even focus on my guitar let alone picking it up and balance standing up with the extra weight on my shoulder!

the thing is they didn't really play that well a show because alot of the time izzy, slash and co we're ko'in on stage because of all the drugs and drink etc. It's just probably with practice that slash has managed to play well monged.

There comes a point when you can be too of your tits to play.

now i'd certainly not know anything about that!!

i find playing live always makes me play better. practicing is great but when you're in front of a crowd with a good on stage sound and the adrenaline is going, i find i attempt and pull off things i'd not try normally.

/x

Guest Neubeatz
fair cop' date=' i think i'll stick to the booze though, i've got a couple of mates who are shivering wrecks now cos they've smoked a ridiculous amout of pot over the years - scares the hell out of me.[/quote']

have they blown all their heating money;)?

• Upvote 1

one of them also sold their cat for money....ok, maybe i made that one up but i wouldn't put it past them!

One of the guys is pretty big and they live on the first floor (only two staircases.) He once walked up the stairs and asked us to call an ambulance for him becuase he was having a heart attack. It turned out he was just tired.

Once upon a time, many years ago, The Lorelei were known and famous (nay, infamous) for being a drunken shambling mess of a band. Not all of us all the time, but certainly everyone was guilty of playing when pissed at one time or another. It seemed so much fun.

Unfortunately, it didn't stop for one of us, and drinking became the main reason for gigs - not the playing, not the performing, not being with his mates. Drinking became everything, and that situation led to the break up of the band.

Now we've reformed (minus un-named drunken member, who, as far as I'm aware, is still a drunk) and we're looking forward to playing again - sober this time.

But it makes me wonder (and I'm sure my fellow band mates will agree) - we were quite successful the first time round. We had a record deal, we gigged all over the country, we sold out lots of places. What would we have been like if we'd all made a conscious decision not to drink before a performance?

My personal opinion reflects some of the previous replies - being drunk/stoned/wasted/f*cked up on stage doesn't make you any better. It just makes you THINK that you're better.

Regards

Flossie

I never play drunk. Playing on other substances is fine as long as I'm in the groove. Unfortunately' date=' if something goes wrong, the whole thing's usually fucked. Which is why I keep that kind of malarkey to the bedroom.[/quote']

i tend to only play drunk at stonehaven gigs where i can get away with it. I wouldn't play drunk in aberdeen i doubt.

I never play drunk, mainly 'cause my playing goes to pieces after a few drinks. Years ago I was told a good rule of thumb to follow, only drink at a gig if you drink at practice. Basically if you have a few beers at practice and are used to playing while a bit merry then it's fine. Never play wasted though cause while you might have a ball, everyone watching you will be bored off their tits.

Last year at the Moorings I drank absinth before playing. Ended up taking the piss out Five Finger Discount and other people too. Fell over and wondered why my guitar wasnt working....well it did unplug itself from the amp.

Also played with Element pished (my charity gig) but that was an exception. Now I just have 1 glass of wine before playing.