aberdeen-music

Band promo pictures....free

GraemeC

Does your band require some posed promo pictures? NOT LIVE

I'll do them for free, give you a CD of the best results which you can use with no restrictions other than, if they are used on a web site or published anywhere I will require a credit as photographer.

Form an orderly queue.

if they are used on a web site or published anywhere I will require a credit as photographer.

Form an orderly queue.

Make sure you label your photos otherwise you will actually get bands who take your kindess for granted.

Past experience

we could pose

The band could all stand still on stage,I could pretend to lick my nipples if that turns ye on,but past experience has taught me that LIVE action shots are best,

posed ones look posed and a bit on the poofy side and seldom capture the essence of the act.

you should work out a formal agreement with the bands you photograph in the same way that a band should work out a formal agreement as to who writes what as later in the day it may come back to haunt you that you didn't sign anything. also never sell your photography short, you still still charge something for your services but it's upto you how much. i charge a mutually agreed fair price depending on what people can afford. band promo shots are worth paying for if the band wants some good ones. don't put yourself out of pocket just because you're learning or building a portfolio.

incidentally i'll happily do promo shots for bands as well, can't afford to do it for free though :)

fudge night on saturday at the moorings' date=' perfect opportunity to get some shots.[/quote']

LMAO you don't realise what your asking here LOL. If someone set out to design a place specifically to be a photographic nightmare, then they could do a lot worse than copy The Moorings:

Dimly lit with coloured lighting from both fluorescent and tungsten bulbs. Dark walls and ceilings (all black on the stage). Flashing stage lights. Fast moving targets. UGH! It's a metering, focusing, and exposure nightmare!

I'll do my best to take some shots of you, no promises though...

Have new stage and dancefloor lights being installed soon, these will hopefully introduce a bit more light and make things easier. Doubt if they'll be up by Saturday though.

Here are some samples:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/browseimages.php?c=3130&userid=

LMAO you don't realise what your asking here LOL. If someone set out to design a place specifically to be a photographic nightmare' date=' then they could do a lot worse than copy The Moorings:

Dimly lit with coloured lighting from both fluorescent and tungsten bulbs. Dark walls and ceilings (all black on the stage). Flashing stage lights. Fast moving targets. UGH! It's a metering, focusing, and exposure nightmare!

Have new stage and dancefloor lights being installed soon, these will hopefully introduce a bit more light and make things easier. Doubt if they'll be up by Saturday though.

Here are some samples:

[url']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/browseimages.php?c=3130&userid=

Have you been into the shop? I left cd's last night...

G...

Guest scott cs.
LMAO you don't realise what your asking here LOL. If someone set out to design a place specifically to be a photographic nightmare' date=' then they could do a lot worse than copy The Moorings:

Here are some samples:

[url']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/browseimages.php?c=3130&userid=

we'd be more than happy for you to get some photo's of us, if you could.