aberdeen-music

Horse the Band, The Final Sigh, Butchers of Bakersfield etc

kirkt

Yeah' date=' this is pretty much what I am thinking. A lot of these folk were either outside or at the toilet area just outside the bar during every fucking band bar Flood of Red.

I fail to understand why [b']anyone would pay 6.50 to see one local/glaswegian band.

how bout this?

They like Flood of Red and only came to the gig to see them.

How many times have you been to a big gig and not paid any attention to the support bands that play? It happens at every BIG gig but yet no one complains that people paid 30 for example just to see one band.

Im not a Flood of Red fan at all btw but i think its great that they have a fan base up here that is willing to spend 6-7 just to see them.

how bout this?

They like Flood of Red and only came to the gig to see them.

Flood of Red are always up here, which could explain the fanbase, so if they are up here all the time, they will be playing gigs with a cheaper door price. Why not just wait for that?

Also Flood of Red aren't going anywhere. They are a small band popular with the trend. Once it's gone, they will fuck off too (hopefully). They aren't £6.50 material.

Flood of Red are always up here' date=' which could explain the fanbase, so if they are up here all the time, they will be playing gigs with a cheaper door price. Why not just wait for that?

Also Flood of Red aren't going anywhere. They are a small band popular with the trend. Once it's gone, they will fuck off too (hopefully). They aren't 6.50 material.[/quote']

why wait when they are playing that night, if you want to see a band usualy you will pay whatever just to see them. I never said they were going anywhere i just said it was good to see them doing ok for themselves at the moment.

Fluffy...- I quite liked them, or a couple of their songs anyway. Maybe it was technical difficulties, or maybe they need a bit more practise, but they sounded pretty poor. Sure they'll improve though, I did like what they were going for.

Butchers - Their performance was pretty good, explosive energetic stuff, although I can't remember anything about any of their songs (they seem really short). Did enjoy them. Plus the boro accent the singer did at the start had me going, odd considering one of my best mates is from there.

Flood of Red - I felt like I'd missed the punchline of a 5 minute joke, or maybe I just didn't get it. Really very bland generic songs, although their live performance was tight. And the "thank you sooooo much" thing every 2 minutes annoyed me as well.

Final Sigh - Pretty good set, although none of their songs really stood out as anything special. Maybe their songs were a bit generic, but still enjoyable to see.

HORSE the band - I thought they were pretty much immense during their songs, and even though the talking in between went on a bit long it was kinda funny and entertaining (unlike other bands I've seen tour before).

Overall I thought it was a pretty sweet gig, and one Aberdeen should be grateful for considering they came here and not Glasgow like so many bands would have done.

I really appreciated the gig as well as enjoyed it.

Fluffy...- I quite liked them' date=' or a couple of their songs anyway. Maybe it was technical difficulties, or maybe they need a bit more practise, but they sounded pretty poor. Sure they'll improve though, I did like what they were going for.[/quote']

Without making excuses, it was probably a bit of both :p

The new songs we played had only been rehearsed once, in a bedroom, but the main problem had to be the guitar/technical problems. This won't happen at our gig tomorrow.

Say, oh I dunno, Filthpact for example played a gig with Flood of Red, My Mind's Weapon and Stayover. I'm sure people would think it was OK for folk to only pay attention to Filthpact. It's just prejudice against "scene" (don't really understand that syaing either) people.

And Kirk, I don't think there are any more scene kids who are dicks than there are from any other kind of people.

My boro accent was because I am from Middelsbrough. and Vienna. And Hull. And South Africa.

And our songs are short because we don't know how to play music, so we just play fast and end it befopre anyones minds have kicked in enough to say "wait a minute, if the singer didnt have his trousers round his ankles jumping off the wall and trying to touch my penis.....this band are pretty shite."

Guest Phantomsmasher
Say' date=' oh I dunno, Filthpact for example played a gig with Flood of Red, My Mind's Weapon and Stayover. I'm sure people would think it was OK for folk to only pay attention to Filthpact. It's just prejudice against "scene" (don't really understand that syaing either) people.

And Kirk, I don't think there are any more scene kids who are dicks than there are from any other kind of people.[/quote']

It's okay. Calm down, it's not the end of the world...

Say' date=' oh I dunno, Filthpact for example played a gig with Flood of Red, My Mind's Weapon and Stayover. I'm sure people would think it was OK for folk to only pay attention to Filthpact. It's just prejudice against "scene" (don't really understand that syaing either) people.[/quote']

Filthpact aren't anti scene are they? I just thought they chose not to promote themselves to the A-M massiev

Filthpact aren't anti scene are they? I just thought they chose not to promote themselves to the A-M massiev

I was talking about their crowd rather than the band themselves, and in general about the double standards that are fairly plain to see between types of music. I can't really be arsed starting an argument though...which makes me wonder why I posted that in the first place...ah well.