aberdeen-music

some questions about ABERDEEN city

sadam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to read about aberdeen read the first few pages of 'a Big Boy did it and ran away' by Chris Brookmyre- couldn't have put it better myself...;-)

So like the character that slags off Aberdeen in that book, are you an egotistical, mass murdering twat as well? By all means read that book, it's fantastic, but don't make the mistake that Aberdeen City Council made and assume that the whole book is an advert for how bad Aberdeen is. If you read past the first chapter the main character paints a much better picture later on.

Aberdeen's just like any other city in the world. It's as good as you make it, or as bad as you let it. Personally I love Aberdeen and the North East. It's home and always will be, no matter where I happen to be.

We have some of the best scenery in the world, some great places to just relax and hang out, good entertainment, great restaurants and on the whole great people. Compared to other parts of Scotland and the UK we have high employment, low crime and great wealth. We also have a drugs problem, neds and a planning department that's lost any common sense. But you can't have it all your own way.

Guest Neubeatz
I'm not enjoying Celtic goals :nono:

... but my countryman goals :up:

Hey, dont worry dude, there are just as many Celtic fans in Aberdeen as there are Aberdeen fans, :)

In fact probably even more during Aberdeens current level of form and success :) lol:)

The sheepshaggers heh, will of course immediately deny this fact and rant about Cooper and Simpson, and Miller etc.... ;)

We like our history you see ;)

let me ask you something, but I want you to be totally honest with me.

what do people in Scotland think about Poles? in last few years number of Poles in UK has increased severely. many of them went there only to make some cash.

Are they making good impression on local people? or maybe people in Scotland don't have good opinion about them?

please be honest.

Guest Neubeatz
let me ask you something' date=' but I want you to be totally honest with me.

what do people in Scotland think about Poles? in last few years number of Poles in UK has increased severely. many of them went there only to make some cash.

Are they making good impression on local people? or maybe people in Scotland don't have good opinion about them?

please be honest.[/quote']

Yarpen,

I just got this email, I hope you see the funny side.

Hi Xxxx, got this in from one of the guys, so watch out!

>WISE WORD TO THE WARY

>Watch out.....

>I am a victim of the latest scam in Aberdeen which is happening at my

>local shopping centre. Two good looking 18 year old Polish women come

>to your car as you are parking your car.

>One starts wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, the other

>comes

>to your window saying 'hi' while bending over with her breasts almost

>coming out of her blouse, impossible not to look, when you thank them

>and offer them a tip, they say No and beg you for a ride to Town.

>

>You agree and tell them to sit in the back. On the way they start

>having sex in the back seat. Then one of them performs oral sex on you,

>while the other one steals your wallet.

>

>I was assaulted last Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but I

>couldn't find them Saturday or Sunday. Be careful!!!!!!

Sounds like some Aberdeen women I know lol :)

good eperiences

please be honest.[/quote']

I worked for a Polish farmer,he and his wife were nice people,there is a local guitarist who is rated in the top ten british blues/rock guitarists his name is Jerry Jablonski is that a Polish Name?.

wow! have you been reading my C.V? Sounds like you are describing yourself with the egotistical twat bit though :-) yeah i agree about the scenery but that is in the Grampian region not the city itself. Yeah the council is shit too...but you can't possibly compare aberdeen to glasgow or edinburgh or any other city. That is the problem with folk in aberdeen in general...they tend to think that this city is the dogs bollocks (suppose fair enough if you are born and bred here) but the truth is its not. Life is to short to live in Aberdeen for any length of time. I mean this city is even behind dundee in everyway and dundee is just somewhere that you drive through to get to better cities.Personally i would say that we have a pretty high crime rate for the size of the city to. The highest number of crack addicts in Scotland sound familiar? (oh yeah you probably live in Bieldside or Cults with your mUm and Dad so you wouldn't see any of that) . anyway rant over...i await your witty, beardy, emo reply. :swearing:

So like the character that slags off Aberdeen in that book' date=' are you an egotistical, mass murdering twat as well? By all means read that book, it's fantastic, but don't make the mistake that Aberdeen City Council made and assume that the whole book is an advert for how bad Aberdeen is. If you read past the first chapter the main character paints a much better picture later on.

Aberdeen's just like any other city in the world. It's as good as you make it, or as bad as you let it. Personally I love Aberdeen and the North East. It's home and always will be, no matter where I happen to be.

We have some of the best scenery in the world, some great places to just relax and hang out, good entertainment, great restaurants and on the whole great people. Compared to other parts of Scotland and the UK we have high employment, low crime and great wealth. We also have a drugs problem, neds and a planning department that's lost any common sense. But you can't have it all your own way.[/quote']

' date='there is a local guitarist who is rated in the top ten british blues/rock guitarists his name is Jerry Jablonski is that a Polish Name?.[/quote']

I understand he has roots from Poland. Though knowing his family heritage I doubt he would self-identify as Polish.

Jablo (pron yablo) means apple.

what do people in Scotland think about Poles?[/quote']

in last few years number of Poles in UK has increased severely. many of them went there only to make some cash.

please be honest.

sent in error, complete post is below.