aberdeen-music

old gig tickets

lepeep

I've still got a whole bunch of ticket stubs from 80's stuff at the Capitol and The Venue..

I've been keeping them all this time for... err.. a thread like this.. ??

How about Radiohead at King Tuts in Glasgow - they were support for the support band at Carter USM at the Barrowlands.. only 7 of us in the audience... guess nobody thought much of them..lol..

I stopped collecting the stubs when they stopped being interesting.. now they're just white bits of card with smudgy txt.. so much for progress....

Biz.. that Lee Scratch Perry gig I see you have a stub for was the best gig I've ever been to in Aberdeen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pop-notmyface
SoundGarden for 9! I'd love to have gone' date=' shame I was 11 in 1994...[/quote']

yeah, you probably werent allowed in unless accompanied by an adult. but no 11 year old would be interested in soundgarden...

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Or how about Extreme Noise Terror' date=' Pelican June 92.[/quote']

How about it indeed! I still feel sorry for Styme, poor bastard broke his leg halfway through.

I still have my ticket of the ENT gig, I keep it in my "Phonophobia" LP.

Actually, a lot of my records have stuff like tickets, posters, ads, interviews tucked away in them. It's a good way to keep them in pristine nick. Can't really do that with CD's, more fuel for the "Vinyl is better than CD's" argument.

Also saw Soundgarden support Guns N' Roses at Gateshead - Faith No More were the other band on the bill.

GNR were shite.

fangs for the mamary! i was at that gig (was it '92?). agree with the gnr quote: particular highlight was slash messing up his showpiece unaccompanied guitar solo :-)

faith no more had some real patton / martin tension - think he tried to kick him during one of his guitar solos...confusing at the time but well funny looking back

soundgarden were simply immense...but then, they are the best thing to come out of seattle

Soddos?!...that's memories!....

especially when you get older....eh' date=' boys.

I wish I still had all my reading books and tags...

I found an old reading line up, and "jeff buckley" on in the NME tent, 1st or second on a sunday ?!....fuck me, if only I'd have known who he was back then![/quote']

Yeah, I was there that year - either 93 or 94 - and I saw Jeff's name on the bill about 6 years later when I was looking at an old program.

God, I was gutted.

How about it indeed! I still feel sorry for Styme' date=' poor bastard broke his leg halfway through.

I still have my ticket of the ENT gig, I keep it in my "Phonophobia" LP.

Actually, a lot of my records have stuff like tickets, posters, ads, interviews tucked away in them. It's a good way to keep them in pristine nick. Can't really do that with CD's, more fuel for the "Vinyl is better than CD's" argument.[/quote']

I did that too, but I fond now, that popping the back tray of a CD, and slipping the ticket in there is a fine way of keeping them.

I just wish I got tickets when on a guest list (what what !)

I just had a quick keek at mine....what amused me was the prices for some of the early gigs I went to...I've a feeling Hawkwind at the Cowdray Hall was in 'old money'' date=' but Yes and King Crimson were 60p each! Things turned pricey with Led Zeppelin at 2 quid!

(John Martyn.....20p!!!!)

The Pixies one at the Venue was a shocking fiver!!![/quote']

Wow! Thats immense.

I guess the stones back in the day would have been similar. You can buy tickets for this summer in Glasgow for 150. Bargain!

I just wish I got tickets when on a guest list (what what !)

Somewhere I have a backstage passes for Sonic Youth in Glasgow. Does that count?

And sadly somewhere I actually have the guest list for AC Temple (Embra venue). Well fuck me it had my name and address on the top of it (on Blast First headed paper no less).

Just a pity it wasn't for Dinosaur or Rapeman...

Was that the Sonic Youth/Mudhoney one? It was fab. I have a cassette of it somewhere.

It was indeed. Both nights. Except that I didn't really get to see much of Sonic Youth as I was selling t-shirts. They were kind of blown away by Mudhoney in Newcastle the night previous...

Got to hang out with Suzanne Sesnic (cool rock chick) and Mudhoney and saw both their sets though. Wouldn't mind hearing the cassette sometime mind?