aberdeen-music

old gig tickets

lepeep

I was having a rake over christmas (when I was up in the deen), and my mum had dumped some stuff form her loft at my house...I found many an ace thing (all my old Madness 7"ers and many an ace LP)...

anyway, I found these wee beauties...

sg_tix.jpgjl_tix.jpg

anyone else got any nice memories they want to share ?!...

I have to say, I nearly passed out at that sound garden gig, the drive to glasgow + no dinner = tunnel vision at "kick stand" (down the front)...fooking ace.

byt the way , the jezus lizard "special guests" were the Stanford Prison Experiment, and boy that was a good night.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ditched all my old ticket stubs, but some highlights had to include Swervedriver at the Pelican in 1992, Senser at the Lemon Tree in 1994?, and Chumbawumba at the Pelican in 1992. The Prodigy in Livingston on the Music For The Jilted Generation was pretty ace......

Oh, and then there was the Quireboys in Dingwall in 1989.....:up:

I was having a rake over christmas (when I was up in the deen)' date=' and my mum had dumped some stuff form her loft at my house...I found many an ace thing (all my old Madness 7"ers and many an ace LP)...

anyway, I found these wee beauties...

[img']http://www.g-r-a.co.uk/phil/sg_tix.jpgjl_tix.jpg

anyone else got any nice memories they want to share ?!...

I have to say, I nearly passed out at that sound garden gig, the drive to glasgow + no dinner = tunnel vision at "kick stand" (down the front)...fooking ace.

byt the way , the jezus lizard "special guests" were the Stanford Prison Experiment, and boy that was a good night.

I've got an unused Soundgarden one for that gig - cou;dn't manage as I started work.

However, I did see a few years before at the QMU on the Badmotorfinger tour with Corrosion Of Conformity supporting.

Also saw Soundgarden support Guns N' Roses at Gateshead - Faith No More were the other band on the bill.

GNR were shite.

I've got an unused Soundgarden one for that gig - cou;dn't manage as I started work.

However' date=' I did see a few years before at the QMU on the Badmotorfinger tour with Corrosion Of Conformity supporting.

Also saw Soundgarden support Guns N' Roses at Gateshead - Faith No More were the other band on the bill.

GNR were shite.[/quote']

you might have been there with my pal Rich (Baby) Stephen...he was there (with Suthie (BMXer from Nairn)).

He said that was a fantastic gig.

the Barras one was wierd...Kurt had just topped himself, and they played "just like suicide"...and what a strange atmosphere that was...

doubt it...

Biz - pUnK paid to see Jethro Tull!?

I used to make radio shows and interview bands, so got passes for festivals- Jethro Tull were syrprisingly nae bad either-I saw punk DJ Jim Gellately doon the front taking photos.

Fish was a great guy,he gave me a loan of a DAT recorder for the day and gave a very interesting interview.

I've got a frame full of stubs going back to the early 70s' date=' including the Stones twice, Dylan twice, the Who, Zeppelin, the Kinks etc

I thought I was one of only a few saddoes who hoard them,....but happily I've been proved wrong![/quote']

Soddos?!...that's memories!....

especially when you get older....eh, boys.

I wish I still had all my reading books and tags...

I found an old reading line up, and "jeff buckley" on in the NME tent, 1st or second on a sunday ?!....fuck me, if only I'd have known who he was back then!

I just had a quick keek at mine....what amused me was the prices for some of the early gigs I went to...I've a feeling Hawkwind at the Cowdray Hall was in 'old money', but Yes and King Crimson were 60p each! Things turned pricey with Led Zeppelin at 2 quid!

(John Martyn.....20p!!!!)

The Pixies one at the Venue was a shocking fiver!!!