aberdeen-music

Last night was a good night for television

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

8pm - Channel 4 - The Root Of All Evil - the excellent Richard Dawkins trying to argue against some of the most mind-numbingly ignorant individuals on the planet.

9pm - BBC 1 - Life On Mars - I was sceptical when I watched the trailers, but I think it could be a decent series. Certainly the opener was a cracker.

10pm - C4 - New ER - need I say any more?

11pm - C4 - Without A Trace - series finale, and an ace one at that.

All in all a good night to watch TV, just a pity I was supposed to be doing other stuff, but it can wait.

Guest DustyDeviada

God I hate it when they change actors between seasons, though I am relived that the little diabetic kid turned out OK in the end. (ER related if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

8pm - Channel 4 - The Root Of All Evil - the excellent Richard Dawkins trying to argue against some of the most mind-numbingly ignorant individuals on the planet.

I will start watching programmes like this when they stop getting scientists to present them, and start employing theologians, i.e people who have studied religion, and understand its importance, rather than instant skeptics

Guest blackadder
God I hate it when they change actors between seasons' date=' though I am relived that the little diabetic kid turned out OK in the end. (ER related if you don't know what I'm talking about.)[/quote']

i did notice they changed actors....was a good ep...just got another 21 to go now lol can we all keep up whith it lol

What I saw was a good programme but it seems to me like another example of preaching to the converted. Most of the people that watched it were probably on his side beforehand and the rest only watched it so they could get a good load of righteous anger built up for their complaint letters.

Forgot about Life on Mars. Watched big brother instead.

ER was good.

I have to admit I didn't watch any of them :( Not even new ER. Nip/Tuck was amazing though. I do love Christian. Season 3 will be finished soon and whatever shall I do without my Julian McMahon fix after that???

Watch more Charmed I suppose... :p

I must get Nip/Tuck box sets 1+2 soon though...

This probably doesn't belong in this thread, but hey.

Richard Dawkins shot himself in the foot. He says the biggest problem with "religion" and creation is that if God created the world, "Who created God?". Well, who the hell created the Big Bang? It can't have "just happened". The science he believes in disproves the possibility of the big bang, but nobody ever mentions this.

life on mars was good. with a brilliant bit of "is it all a dream or is he really there?" nonsense. could even be the new sweeney. :)

I'll third that. I found it a bit annoying but suspect that I'll be hide bound come 9.00 Monday night til it completes.

Nice line in grim Northern 70's though don't you think? I can remember collars that naff (except mine were even naffer - I can particularly remember a cowboy print shirt that I thought was just ace at the time...).

How long to go? Can't wait to find out who the Carver is.

Series 2 & 3 have been very' date=' very silly, but still great entertainment.[/quote']

There's about 3 episodes left I think.

I already found out who the Carver was by accident last night... d'oh.

I have to say, I'm actually slightly terrified everytime the Carver makes an appearence.. I think it's that mask, it just really freaks me out.

Brilliant character though.

Richard Dawkins came across as the most mind-numbingly ignorant individual on the planet. The programme was soley designed to make controversial television and how he got away with it is beyond me.

I agreed with some of his views, but the way he presented it was purely antagonistic.

He could have been just as controversial by making a programme from a homophobic viewpoint of how homosexuality should be banned, but that would have never been aired.

Narrcissistic fool.:down:

Richard Dawkins came across as the most mind-numbingly ignorant individual on the planet. The programme was soley designed to make controversial television and how he got away with it is beyond me.

I agreed with some of his views' date=' but the way he presented it was purely antagonistic.

He could have been just as controversial by making a programme from a homophobic viewpoint of how homosexuality should be banned, but that would have never been aired.

Narrcissistic fool.:down:[/quote']

Exactly, he may of had some good points (it could have been his trousers) but he didn't have to treat people who didn't have the same views as himself as utter morons.

Well, I thought it was better bad when he was at Lourdes, the Temple of the Rock, the Wailing Wall, etc... and basically saying "well it's all bollocks really isn't it" ...It's one thing to have that opinion, but it's another thing entirely to go to Lourdes and says that a bunch of cripples are idiots for believing in God.

Well' date=' I thought it was better bad when he was at Lourdes, the Temple of the Rock, the Wailing Wall, etc... and basically saying "well it's all bollocks really isn't it" ...It's one thing to have that opinion, but it's another thing entirely to go to Lourdes and says that a bunch of cripples are idiots for believing in God.[/quote']

but the fact remained, only 66 cases of people being cured out of the millions who had visited.