aberdeen-music

dream equipment

Guest five years

out of interest' date=' do you want it BECAUSE it's a slayer signiture guitar or because it's good? to me it looks just like a superstrat with emgs and some funky (rubbish) inlays...[/quote']

I want it because I have an ESP KH-2 Neck Thru which in terms of playability and build quality is the same as the new Hanneman sig. The fact it has EMGs helps as they do I what I want pickups to do. I find superstrats comfortable too.

Also, the fact that it has a kahler trem is very important. Having played a couple of guitars with kahlers - I have discovered that I love that style of trem. It is so much nicer to use than a floyd rose. The ebony fretboard (as opposed to rosewood on the KH) will mean a brighter sound and smoother to play. Plus it has the EMG SPC control fitted as standard (something I did to my KH-2 NT after I got it).

If the fact it's a Slayer guitar with those inlays was the deciding factor, I would've purchased a 2005 LTD JH-600, as it had those inlays, was a superstrat etc.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of interest' date=' do you want it BECAUSE it's a slayer signiture guitar or because it's good? to me it looks just like a superstrat with emgs and some funky (rubbish) inlays...[/quote']
I want it because I have an ESP KH-2 Neck Thru which in terms of playability and build quality is the same as the new Hanneman sig. The fact it has EMGs helps as they do I what I want pickups to do. I find superstrats comfortable too.

Also' date=' the fact that it has a kahler trem is very important. Having played a couple of guitars with kahlers - I have discovered that I love that style of trem. It is so much nicer to use than a floyd rose. The ebony fretboard (as opposed to rosewood on the KH) will mean a brighter sound and smoother to play. Plus it has the EMG SPC control fitted as standard (something I did to my KH-2 NT after I got it).

If the fact it's a Slayer guitar with those inlays was the deciding factor, I would've purchased a 2005 LTD JH-600, as it had those inlays, was a superstrat etc.[/quote']

Don't pick on people that work in guitar shops :p

Keyboards

Korg Oasys - 76 key version

Kurzweil K2600

Roland RD700SX

Yamaha Grand Piano (for home use only unless I get super rich and can afford a team of goons to carry it around for me)

guitars

Ernie Ball Musicman John Petrucci 6 and 7 string.

Ibanez RG7620 (currently owned)

Ibanez JEM7V with ebony fretboard.

Chris McIntyre custom Strat - swamp ash, bartolini pickups? etc. http://www.mcintyreguitars.com/

Various strats with various pickups.

Yngwine Strat (i want to try out the scalloped fretboard etc.)

Some mahogony guitar for fusion and/or shredding.

Martin Acoustics

Custom made classical guitar (not sure by who)

Shetcher Jazz Elite (currently owned).

Amps, effects etc..

2 Mesa Boogie Roadkings (stereo)

4 x 4x12" cabinets with vintage 30s

TC electronics M4000

Eventide DSP7500

TC electronics G-system

other

Sennheiser SR in ear monitoring system

2 x Sennheiser evolution G2 500 series wireless transmiter/reciever

SM 58's for vocals

Something 'better' than SM57's for guitar amp.

Flight cases for absolutely everything.

A spair of everything that is to be used live incase it breaks suddenly.

Practice/small gig Gear

Peavey Classic 30 combo

a few Roland Microcubes for lessons

Boss DS-2 and OD-2

Some delay pedal

Some chorus pedal

Yamaha P1xx digital piano.

Peavey KBA50 combo?

• 1 month later...

//Music

Nice fast meaty bass amp

old rg270

some active emg 5-string bass pickups

some new tubes for the JCM900

martin dreadnought

laptop

jitter for max/msp

onyx mixer with firewire interface, and a cheap portable interface

g4 mac for a few audio programs

a few more microphones

timpani, a gong, xylophone, battered drumkit

3kW PA system

A van

//Electronic

Agilent sampling oscilloscope (100Mhz+, 4 channels) with computer interface

Lab power supply, signal generator

Microchip ICD 2

Temperature regulated soldering iron

pci raid card

an absolute shagload of components (RCL, potentiometers, FSRs, chips, A/Ds, solder, coax, connectors, cases, wire, modular veroboard, tools, sensors)

Full version of eagle

few hundred metres of RJ45

A house

Guest five years

sure he can!

if he doesn't use it and it's gathering dust, why not?

yes yes, dimebag ;(

but what's the point in keeping sometihng you never use? why not sell it to someone who will? yes he might feel silly if the price of them rockets in the future, but that's dan's decision and there's nothing he can do about that just now so...