Joy Division vs. Take That!

Guest bluesxman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lime ruined my life
If this was a Chris Morris sketch most of you would be pissing yourselves at how funny it was.

thats exactly what i was thinking, although i found it funny anyway. i like mark owen.

Guest pop-notmyface
I don't think there's anything remotely funny or "rocknroll" about some pointless singing and dancing tit from a washed out 90's boyband ridiculing the suicide of a far more important artist.

yes, but for a moment we have to remind ourselves what this guy has done in the past...this is like a revolution, man!

soon, pigs will grow wings.

Jesus, it's only Ian Curtis for fuck sake. He's not even that important a figure in music history.

I can't believe people would be sooooooo outraged by a moment of frivolity.

Stop crying for a minute or two and get a firm grasp of reality, Mark Owen's a non-entity, who gives a shit what he does. Only a handful of no-marks who probably haven't even heard of Ian Curtis would've seen it if the Sun hadn't over sensationalised the whole thing.

What a waste of time.

:down:

tHE SCUM more like...

I FUCKEN HATE THE PAPERS they control the masses like the religions do....we pay troops to torture confessions out of Jonny foreigners and are misdirected by a nonentity making a poor joke about someones demise due to mental health problems....Mark Owen is not evil ...only stupid and pretty talentless..if you want to get worked up about something - try to help the people getting tortured on the back of our hard earned tax money, REVOLT NOW we are paying for far worse ...the KILling Joke continues

jobby?

Ian Curtis is my idol' date=' but perhaps the noblest statement of intent ever made was "Kill Yr Idols". So mocking their death is the next best thing, isn't it?...perhaps[/quote']

So would having a jobby on their grave be going too far?,usually it is preceeded by a pee tae,so lets piss and poo on our idols graves...it's the way they would have wanted it.

Guest Mr Blastcap

i thought it was funny, manchester and their mawkish grief. anyhow if he'd been ripping his way through an inxs number and done the same thing it would have been far cooler to find it funny. i dont get joy division, he danced like a spastic. sacred cows, and all that.

Guest pop-notmyface
i think you buy them as normal shotguns and then saw them off yourself. i don't think you can specifically buy pre-sawnoffs.

:D

/x

um, sawn-off shotguns are what the name suggests when you buy them, they are "sawn-off" - which simply means they are shorter than your average shotgun. they can easily fit into your pocket, perfect for those highschool grudge matches on the last day of school :)

Guest bluesxman

Mark E Smith only met John Peel about 3 times even though they recorded so many Peel sessions and The Fall were his favourite band. He didn't even go to the funeral. What's the comparison? He didn't go on TV faking a heart attack did he?

um' date=' sawn-off shotguns are what the name suggests when you buy them, they are "sawn-off" - which simply means they are shorter than your average shotgun. they can easily fit into your pocket, perfect for those highschool grudge matches on the last day of school :)[/quote']

not strictly tho, most sawnoffs are made my buying a conventional shotgun and sawing the barrel and a large portion of the butt down to make it lighter and more compact, and also to increase the spread of shot.

Most sawn-offs have been created by taking a conventional double-barreled gun and chopping the barrels and usually most of the stock too. There have been a few purpose designed guns. In the 1920s Ithaca produced the Auto & Burglar gun with 10" barrels' date=' 16"loa and a weight of around 4.5lb. Grip resembled that of a revolver but on the early models had a comb or spur like projection designed to spread recoil forces into the hand. Some models had barrels of 12.5". Similar was Holland's Auto-Burglar gun and Defiance's "Anti-Bandit". All of these were 20 gauge in either 2 3/4 or 3" chambering. A French company makes a 12 bore OU pistol, the GC54. This is mainly used with riot rounds such as CS cloud and rubber shot. [/quote']

i think it's pretty funny' date=' it made me laugh, especially the fact he dressed like iain curtis,

it's definetly not "sick".[/quote']

I would find it really funny if someone mocked my dead father who killed himself because he was fucked up on prescribed drugs for battling chronic epileptic fits. :nono:

Would you?

Its not coz he's an 'indie idol' but because he was a human being like everyone else. I don't think people are that naive.

Guest lime ruined my life
I would find it really funny if someone mocked my dead father who killed himself because he was fucked up on prescribed drugs for battling chronic epileptic fits. :nono:

Would you?

Its not coz he's an 'indie idol' but because he was a human being like everyone else. I don't think people are that naive.

i fail to see your point.

are you saying ian curtis is my father?

i think you buy them as normal shotguns and then saw them off yourself. i don't think you can specifically buy pre-sawnoffs.

:D

/x

Ahh, nice try Spoonie! But I was talking about buying them down a local pub, so touche! An ultra-intelligent Joy Division fan would know better than to betray himself to a police investigation by leaving such an obvious 'fingerprint'. Though how he would cope in a downmarket Glaswegian pub trying to buy firearms, well, I admit there could be difficulties.

Oh, and I knew there was that moment from The Day Today, I didn't mention it as I was unsure who was responsible for writing it. But that's the moment I thought of when somebody mentioned how sick Mark Owen was, and had a little chuckle, though the chuckle was mostly about Fur Q, so technically I wasn't laughing at the dead. Not then.

what was the big fuss about joy division?

I really never got it at all' date=' the music is very boring and i dont see him as being any kind of icon really.[/quote']

Not to you no but to heaps of other people yes.

Take Blink for example now they have inspired a lot of bands to do what they want to do. Now if someone went about making jokes about the death of their previous drummer I am sure you wouldn't enjoy that.