aberdeen-music

FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2006 - all you need to know!

The Ghost Of Fudge

FMA06allbands.jpg

THE FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2006

At The Lemon Tree

Saturday 25th February, 9pm-2am

14+ (bring ID for booze)

MY MINDS WEAPON

FICKLE PUBLIC

THE EDGAR PRAIS

plus:

THE FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS CEREMONY 2006

The sixth annual celebration of the Northeast’s vibrant unsigned music scene (read: appauling nepotistic orgy of backslapping, full-frontal alchohol consumption, and grinding egos), brought to you by the reknown Fudge Fanzine.

Fudge have been promoting bands from all over the world (but mainly Aberdeen) since 1999, and are delighted to return once more to Aberdeen's Lemon Tree on Saturday 25th February from 9pm. We've been polling the trolls, sorry, users of Aberdeen-Music and the crowds at Fudge gigs as to their favourite local acts in a variety of predictable categories. This will be the (drunken) highlight of your musical year, we can virtually guarantee.

Thee fucking fabulous live acts will play, and we'll present our infamous two-part Awards Ceremony where the cream of local talent will be saluted, invited onstage to make an expletive-laden speech, and paraded before their baying fans and detractors alike. Ask anyone who was there last year to describe Jamesy Weapons speeches, and you'll be straight on the phone booking tickets...

Note: We encourage those attending to make some sartorial effort - kilts, tuxedos and ballgowns are the order of the day! Get dressed up. You'll look more of a twat in a jeans/t-shirt combination than you will in 10-inch heels, feather boa and mascara. And that's just the boys. Believe us.

MY MINDS WEAPON - A near orgasm-inducing blend of classic metal and modern hardcore, injected with beautiful melody and tempered with a progressive edge. This fantastic live act have been touring Britain, and recently played on the Taste Of Chaos bill at the SECC. Current holders of WORST BAND, this year they're up for BEST BAND, BEST LIVE ACT and MOST METAL OF METAL.

“The cold has obviously got to these young herberts and the only way to warm up is crank out some crazy metal/hardcore hybrid…I've a sneaky feeling they'll do well." 7/10 Rock Sound.

FICKLE PUBLIC - With an album 'Bucko' heading our way on Jetplane Landing's Smalltown America label, these math-rockers mix Rough Trade edged pop with Dischord stylee punk. They've enjoyed rocking out onstage with the likes of Aereogramme, Jetplane Landing and The Alkaline Trio. The world is their oyster, and they're up for BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT (our award for the best out-of-town band).

THE EDGAR PRAIS - A perfect synthesis of pop and rock featuring former members of the Magdalane Cox and Alyssa’s Wish. Alyssa's Wish, you may recall, won WORST BAND two years ago to much kerfuffle and ruffling of feathers. This will be the debut gig of their new band. Characterised by incredible rythmic grooves and ridicously entertaining muscular drumming, you better haul yourselves along early and catch this spectacular start to a fantastic night’s debauchery.

www.mymindsweapon.net - www.myspace.com/ficklepublic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pop-notmyface
My best mate has legs like that... she is 5"9 though... she has to buy special clothes for her uber long limbs.

ah, she must be a Long Tall Sally girl....i have legs like that!