aberdeen-music

FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2006 - all you need to know!

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOME PHOTOGRAPHS FROM LAST YEAR! - http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22225

Just in case you want to check out the atmoshere... :)

359170-7064_IMG.JPG

does anybody have photos from the fudge awards in moshulu two years ago?? i don't' date=' sadly.[/quote']

Eep my hair's alot shorter now than in that photo...

There used to be some FMAs '04 photos in a mate's gallery... but he appears to have deleted them...

More from this year's are here: http://gallery.aberdeen-music.com/showgallery.php?cat=3068

Ah' date=' shite. Bang goes my chances of getting Ross Calder to fill in for me at Exodus that night.[/quote']

im sure DJ PSYDOLL will be walking away with that award, he played "a great set" (frequent quote) on friday in the front room and "the best backroom set i have ever seen" (quote) on hogmany

just hope he can find a replacement for his saturday night shift in the back room to pick up the coveted award

That' date=' and I want to dissect Neil's DJ set as well...[/quote']

Don't get your hopes up. It's going to be Eastern Europe's finest industrial acts and awful gothic rock all the way. And once the cider really starts to flow then who knows what will happen... :p

• 2 weeks later...

this just in from fickle public:

New Fickle Public single.

Our new sinlge 'Just Like I Got Used To Saying Corteney Cox Arquette' is out on general release on Monday the 23rd of Jan. It will be avaliable at most good record shops. If it's not then you can always ask them to order it in for you!

We have had a pretty good start to the year so far with a cool feature in Kerrang and some well received one off gigs across the country. This week see the release of our second single, 'Just Like I Got Used To Saying Courteney Cox Arquette', as well as us embarking on a Kerrang tour supporting Swedish Post-Hardcore merchants Blindside. The single is a co-release between Smalltown America and One Records and will be available on both CD and 7" formats. The CD single contains two unreleased tracks, 'bath drinker' and 'whose ends'. The B-side to the 7" has an excellent remix of 'Cox' by Bristol maverick Kid Carpet. The singles should be available from all good record shops across the country. If your local shop doesn't stock it then you can ask them to order it in for you, or you can buy it from the Smalltown America shop.

The January tour will see us calling at the Cardiff Barfly on the 24th, the Liverpool Barfly on the 25th, Glasgow Barfly on the 26th, York FIbbers on the 28th, Birmingham Barfly on the 29th, and finally the London Barfly on the 30th. Tickets for all gigs are 6(ish)

We also have a handful of gigs planned for the end of February. We will be calling at the Brighton Freebutt on the 22nd of Feb. We are also playing at the Louisiana in Bristol with our buddy Kid Carpet on the 23rd, and finally we are playing the Fudge awards at the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen on the 25th. These gigs look like they are going to be pretty memorable so try and make it along if you can

We have loads planned for the rest of 2006 including the release of our debut album 'Bucko' on the 6th of March. We will be touring in support of the album over the next few months so we will keep you informed of any future gigs either through the mailing list, our Myspace, and hopefully(!) or new web site which should be up and running soon!