aberdeen-music

Which Aberdeen Bands Pull The Biggest Crowds?

Sam 45

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree with that. The fan base seems to have drifted away too... to emo land or something.

I think you're wrong.

and there is only one "emo" band in aberdeen as far as i can see and thats Lost. And yes i know its not "real emo..."

There are heaps of gig goers and new gig goers in Aberdeen that would love Quik if the ywere put in their face as much as the likes of Stayover, Blessed, MMW et al....

I think you're wrong.

and there is only one "emo" band in aberdeen as far as i can see and thats Lost. And yes i know its not "real emo..."

There are heaps of gig goers and new gig goers in Aberdeen that would love Quik if the ywere put in their face as much as the likes of Stayover' date=' Blessed, MMW et al....[/quote']

if only lost still exsitsed...............

I think you're wrong.

There are heaps of gig goers and new gig goers in Aberdeen that would love Quik if the ywere put in their face as much as the likes of Stayover' date=' Blessed, MMW et al....[/quote']

I agree fully.

A lot of people have started to get into this whole extreme metal/hardcore/metalcore or whatever name it has been given now and that has been the main gigs that i've seen big attendances IN GENERAL.

It is a shame that bands such as Quik have not been exposed as much as they should. As they used to have such a huge following.

i think its the same story as always, the bands who pull a crowd are the ones who bother to advertise their band/gigs etc.

Ive never understood why bands think they dont have to do fuck all in terms of advertising their own gigs. For years ive seen bands blame someone else for the lack of people turning up for gigs, but yet they do nothing to change it. Its easy to sit and blame paul stewart/jamsey/kirt/whoever is the promoter for not promoting well enough but really what do bands do on their own?

Its easy to see the bans who do bother, they are the ones who have a decent attendance at every gig, ie, weapon, blessed, us, t.o.g and there are a few others.

Good point but I i think it's also knowing how to get your music across.

Some people won't come just because you have shoved your band's name in their face heaps of times. It also takes more than one gig to get over with people which I feel from experience to seeing various bands and not liking them the first time.

Good point but I i think it's also knowing how to get your music across.

Some people won't come just because you have shoved your band's name in their face heaps of times. It also takes more than one gig to get over with people which I feel from experience to seeing various bands and not liking them the first time.

no i very much agree, you have to know the right way to try and get your music across and to the right people. But on the other hand if you see the same band name everywhere you go, eventually you will go and see them just to see what the fuss is all about.

A couple of questions now then for anyone whos in a band and reading this, when was the last time you made your own fliers for a gig? when was the last time you spent a few days in town handing these fliers out? If you havent done any of this then why not?