aberdeen-music

Coca-Cola

Lemonade

This sounds stupid but it's totally serious.

A few years ago I used to drink quite a lot of Coco-Cola, like about a 2 litre bottle a day, and a few cans as well. I used to dream about cola and wake up totally craving it, to the point where I'd wake up at 7am get up, put on trousers and go to the shop for cola.

I stopped drinking it about two years ago, due to all the sugar that's in it. Yesterday however I had a can of it for old times sake, and another today, and now I am sitting here, absolutly gagging in desperate need of a can of cola.

What the fuck do they put in that stuff that makes you crave it so?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pop-notmyface
This sounds stupid but it's totally serious.

A few years ago I used to drink quite a lot of Coco-Cola' date=' like about a 2 litre bottle a day, and a few cans as well. I used to dream about cola and wake up totally craving it, to the point where I'd wake up at 7am get up, put on trousers and go to the shop for cola.

I stopped drinking it about two years ago, due to all the sugar that's in it. Yesterday however I had a can of it for old times sake, and another today, and now I am sitting here, absolutly gagging in desperate need of a can of cola.

What the fuck do they put in that stuff that makes you crave it so?[/quote']

some people are just more prone to get addicted to it.

just as some people can handle more alcohol than others.

I know it's hard as it tastes fine. But self discipline's required I think. Force yourself to drink juice or water instead.

A can of ordinary coke contains around seven teaspoons of sugar. but it's the Phosphoric acid that really goes for your teeth. Diet Coke has no sugar' date=' but still has the same amount of of acid.

Watch out for juice though. Ribena has more sugar than coke - 12g per 100ml compared to Coke's 10g. One of the worst is Sainsbury's Blue Parrot apple juice (supposedly their healthy kids range) which has [u']14g per 100ml.

FROSTYFACTS.

Guest pop-notmyface
A can of ordinary coke contains around seven teaspoons of sugar. but it's the Phosphoric acid that really goes for your teeth. Diet Coke has no sugar' date=' but still has the same amount of of acid.

Watch out for juice though. Ribena has more sugar than coke - 12g per 100ml compared to Coke's 10g. One of the worst is Sainsbury's Blue Parrot apple juice (supposedly their healthy kids range) which has [u']14g per 100ml.

FROSTYFACTS.

Frosty Jack's breaking it down for you kids.

stick with the diet coke if you can.

my cuz is addicted to coca-cola. he has a coke tattoo on his upper arm.

true story: he woke up at 4am one morning, the hangover starting to kick in. he goes to the fridge and grabs the 2ltr cola bottle from the freezer (that he had put their at around 2 am before going to sleep trying to make it cold for a scoof before bedtime). he takes the bottle, goes to the setee. opens the bottle and it had partially frozen, somehow building pressure. a fountain of cocal cola engulfed his living room and sprayed all over the wall. looked like he'd thrown a pot of 'coke' colour emulsion down the wall.

Diet Coke (or "diet" soft drinks in general) might not have sugar in them but arguably they something worse in them - artificial sweetener. Aspartame to be precise. There has been a raging debate going on for years about exactly how safe this stuff is but many suspect it to be carcinogenic among other things.

More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame

Nothing is safe these days is it?