Jamesy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty good gig.

WSBB isn't what I like, but they're good at what they do, so full respect to them.

As for 3IOB and Himsa...

Holy fuck!

I went to see 3IOB intially, they were awesome. I'd never heard Himsa before, the first few songs were a bit of mish mash, but after that there was some quality music in there.

Great show.

Fantastic gig all three bands were exceptional.

Only disappointment was seeing the short baldy bouncer’s rough man handling of folk. Dragging a pissed bloke out and letting him fall to the floor is not good stewarding. This guy has no place in the otherwise excellent security team at Moshulu send him back to Drum or some other ned club…

Fantastic gig all three bands were exceptional.

Only disappointment was seeing the short baldy bouncers rough man handling of folk. Dragging a pissed bloke out and letting him fall to the floor is not good stewarding. This guy has no place in the otherwise excellent security team at Moshulu send him back to Drum or some other ned club

Yeah, he did seem a bit rough. The look in his face when he was dragging the guy out was sort of like: "I'm gonna sort you the fuck out" but I dunno.

Anyway, some prick threw a pint glass a me and my friends, about two inches from directly hitting us. It was just as Himsa started, and I felt bits of glass spray against my leg.

I'll second that. As far as I could see the guy being removed hadn't done that much, it started with him being told to calm down, but I don't thin he could understand what theb bouncer was saying to him with all the noise. I may well have missed a retaliation or something but next time I glanced round he was being brutally pushed flat on the floor and dragged out of the building, literally headfirst I believe.

I will also mention though, that there appeared to be cunts in abundance at this gig. I was in the front "line" or three and some bastard came flying into the back of me, certainly felt fist/elbow first and struck me clean in the base of the spine. Intentional or not, utter arsehole.

Guest Page 99

None of this should be surprising at all. 'Metal' gigs at Moshulu are always full of knuckleheads or they simply lack any form of atmosphere at all. See: Cult of Luna/Bleeding Through gig.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
But' date=' to be fair, thats what a 'metal' gig is all about in the crowd. if you disagree, or dont like it, then why go, and why bother wasting time complaining about it? i had a good violent thrash and loved it! :rockon:[/quote']

And that's exactly why metal is generally viewed as a joke. While you were having your "good violent thrash" did you consider anybody else? I've had many a gig spoiled by some whirling dervish flailing about working off some sexual frustration.

Guest Page 99
But' date=' to be fair, thats what a 'metal' gig is all about in the crowd. if you disagree, or dont like it, then why go, and why bother wasting time complaining about it? i had a good violent thrash and loved it! :rockon:[/quote']

I've attended plenty of 'metal' gigs in my time and a lot that a damn site harsher than any of the bands on display that night, and a lot of times the crowd has shown some form of respect for each other, no morons beating the hell out of each other.

You Missed the point entirely of what I was saying, but then from your reaction I suppose you were probibly one of the people throwing fists at this gig. It's a shame, these gigs all have potential to be good fun heavy gigs, but people who percieve that heavy music should equate to violent actions always seem to make it shite for others.

Just as a note I didn't attend this gig, but from what I've read I know the exact crowd that showed up.

yup agree with the above whol heartedly. can i just say please get a grip to some people though. never ever has it been cool to run full force into a crowd of people at a show. people get hurt this way. nobody is sayin just stand bout with arms folded on best behaviour but being thoughtful and considerate would be nice y'know.

and also anyone who thinks pushing their friends into the pit for a "laugh" is funny you are wrong. couple times i thought people were gunna get seriously hurt which is no fun for anyone. once again just a bit of thoughtfulness regarding this wouldnt go a miss

by all means show your appreciation to the band. clap. make noise. jump around and have a good old night but jesus this stops at fists and kicks being thrown surely

:down: definetly disappointing in that aspect in which was a particularly good gig

you have a dance, you jump around, if someone falls over you pick them up. of course there is an ettiquete, im not saying you go throwing fists, and the circle pits were p00r, but all the same, being chucked around is fun. if youre waa waaing about it then stand at the back, simple as, and let the idiots you are speaking about injure themselves. as for people saying pushing people in isnt cool, i get pushed in all the time, im not one of the biggest guys at all, and i do get pushed around, but thats where all the fun is. no kicking, no punching, just a general thrash. live with it, and if you dont mind some bruises in the morning, then go for it and have a good time, otherwise, seeyi.

Don't get me wrong, being 6'4 and built like a brick shit house, i can more than take care of myself in a pit. Its just i worry about other people around me, if i fall i run the risk of falling on a considerably smaller person who is also trying to enjoy themself. Why should they have to run that risk, i've seen guys my size fall on small girls (and guys) and the result is not pretty.

Have some common sense, thats all i ask.

d00d, i know what your saying. It just annoys me when people complain about it. Its there, and i put up with it,ive stopped caring its part of the thing. you know theres always going to be nuggets there its a risk you take.

just gotta look out for yourself and others. like i said theres an ettiquete, its fun to thrash, but you gotta look out for those around you.