aberdeen-music

Sorry But We Are Closed Due To Flooding

Flash@TMB

Scottish Water have a computer fault (or something) which is casuing their pumping station to pump water the wrong way. Yesterday it reached 18" in our cellar which we are able to cope with. In the old days the harbour used to invade the cellar and everything is located above the water level. But during the night the water level reached 3 feet wiping out all our stock and also our dispense equipment. Scottish Water have admitted liability so all losses will be covered by their insurers... but in the meantime we are shut until such time as Scottish Water fix this problem, and after that until the equipment can be repared/replaced. Scottish Water have also pledged to fit non return valves to their system in order to prevent water from encroaching up our drains in the future. All the other harbour pubs are similarily affected.

The promoter should cancel the bands scheduled for this Saturday. I cannot see us being open until next week. I'll keep this thread updated as things develop.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bob Double Jack
Was that the moorings?

I thought it was another place that was in the paper.

the story was about somewhere else (but included the moorings) but the photo said moorings on it.

Guest Laura@TMB
that must be shit.....

er' date=' no this is shit (yesterday, water level <2 times what it was this morning):-

Note the dispense equipment in the top right of the photo is above the water level, at this point we were still in operation and everyone upstairs was oblivious to the problem below decks.

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/SSS66/fucked1.jpg

and this (note Flash's rock 'n' roll wellies :rockon: ):-

fucked3.jpg

bring on the sheep :D

and this (the aftermath today, 5 foot high and not even 1/3rd of stuff destined for the skip):-

fucked2.jpg

It's not been the best of days for sure, but we shall overcome :D

Nightmare!

Hope all gets sorted okay and all compensation paid in full and you get open again as soon as...

Break into the little known premises up the hill and use it as a bottle bar for a few days. I'm sure that landlord won't mind. He can't seem to get rid of the place anyway... Which makes me laugh!

Gid Luck :rockon:

Guest DustyDeviada

That's crap, was planning to come to the open mic night on Sunday.

Oh well, hope it get's sorted soon, and have fun with the insurance company.

Didn't you have all sorts of expensive music gear down there? ;)

The thing in the picture is a beer keg not a cymbal. We lost about 10K worth of equipment but nothing essential. The essential stuff is all upstairs :)

Had everyone round today, Scottish Water, The Environmental Health, the loss adjuster, a litigatation expert, the insurers, and the cleaning contractor. The upshot is that the cleaners paid for by Scottish Water will uplift all debris and steralise the cellar. Next the brewers will come by replace their dispense equipment, and deliver a totally new stock (all the old stock has been marked, logged, and is going in the skip. The hopefully by the middle of next week we can reopen and get back to normal. I can't see there being any problem with the claim because we have photos, receipts, and everything wrecked was fairly new.

See you all soon for a :cheers: