aberdeen-music

Yesterday was the Fudge Awards

Hog

That was a quality night! Need that more often. For a while I thought I was in the 30's with the jazz/tables. Staccato Set were brilliant. Random stage banter was hilarious. The girls were... very well turned out. Magic. Sidca table hurling abuse at just about everyone. Thought it was about right that the barriers by their table were torn down... Carnage.

Eric Euan: Best Band

Worst Band: Alyssas Wish

Best Newcomer: King Liar And The Brutes

International: The 44's

Best of the Rest: Staccato Set (?)

Best Venue: Drakes (obviously)

can't remember any more

Best Metal: Black Atom

Best Live Act: I think was a tie between Black Atom and Deadloss Superstar

Best Club Night: Air Guitar :rockon:

Lifetime achievement: Dave Stewart

Most shaggable male: Johnny lucifer

Most shaggable female: the rebel jellybeans

posthumous backslap award: psycho-a-go-go

can't remember any more... and the red stamp on my hand won't come off...

Originally posted by *Amy*:

Last night was ace. I really enjoyed myself! The bands were all ace, The Stacatto Set were sounding very secksay! But I can help but think some of those results were rigged, I mean 'most shaggable male'... How many times did Mel vote??

Once to my knowledge. The public have spoken. Suck it.

Anyways, next year's winner will be this gentleman, easily:

53S2300026-med.JPG

For his Johnny Depp impression. Flik is my friend.

Aye - Spik aboot an ace night - ken!!!!!!!

Totally rocked my world, spoke to heaps of new people like Hog, Lester and other such characters, by the end of the night my memory is a bitty hazy, but i remember orwell delivering an unpresidented volume of rock, and getting the biggest cheer by a mile for the newcomer award..... (some vote riggin'????). It was also nice to see almost everybody else dressed to impress, but overall i couldn't help but get the feeling that the night was being kinda rushed for the air guitar night. Overall a pretty decent alcohol fuelled affair.... All Good!!!

:cheers:

Yeh Orwell definately got biggest cheer! Orwell chants in there too:)

Hmm I met a few new people also, Philip an Simon Gall of the staccato set, New Found Power, Lester Burham,hopelessley_blonde,Mac and Erskine from Black Atom and someone else but I didnt catch their name so forgotten?(.

Originally posted by Paulscoconutass:

Aye - Spik aboot an ace night - ken!!!!!!!

Totally rocked my world, spoke to heaps of new people like Hog, Lester and other such characters, by the end of the night my memory is a bitty hazy, but i remember orwell delivering an unpresidented volume of rock, and getting the biggest cheer by a mile for the newcomer award..... (some vote riggin'????). It was also nice to see almost everybody else dressed to impress, but overall i couldn't help but get the feeling that the night was being kinda rushed for the air guitar night. Overall a pretty decent alcohol fuelled affair.... All Good!!!

:cheers:

The night ran an hour over time. The venue makes more money from club nights than from live music at present. The club nights have helped us to put on more live music etc. almost all of the revenue generated from clubnights will be targetted into improving the venue and helping re-establish Aberdeen on the national music map after we have paid off the huge amount of borrowing required to take over a business from a chain.

Like Dave Stewart promoted.... DIY Ethic....