aberdeen-music

Million Dead to split

Simmie

Excellent UK rockers Million Dead are to go their separate ways after this month's tour alongside Gay For Johnny Depp.

The following is lifted straight from their website:

"Million Dead are breaking up. After four years and two albums, we have mutually decided that this is best thing to do. Irreconcilable differences within the band mean that it would be impossible to continue, and anyway, wed rather leave a good-looking corpse. Our reasons are personal and assured. Therefore, the upcoming September tour will be our last.

"Wed like to express our deep gratitude to those who worked with and for us over the years, who had faith in us, and without whom we would never have got anywhere. Wed also like to thank all those who bought records, came to shows, and generally gave a shit. Were still pleasantly surprised that anyone ever did.

"You will no doubt be hearing from some or all of us again at some point in the future."

to be honest, it doesn't come as much of a suprise. They were always moaning in magazines that noone cared for them, and that they weren't making money from what they were doing. Me thinks they wanted a bit of mainstream success but it just didn't happen. Probably because they didn't have any decent hits.

Love from Brighton.

There are very few things that piss me off more than people who post on threads about bands splitting up with comments along the lines of "YESSS!!!!! I fucking hated them, piece of shit "generic unfitting genre comment" band".

What's the point? Can't you just let the people who actually care moan about how upset they are and whatnot. Morons.

There are very few things that piss me off more than people who post on threads about bands splitting up with comments along the lines of "YESSS!!!!! I fucking hated them' date=' piece of shit "generic unfitting genre comment" band".

What's the point? Can't you just let the people who actually care moan about how upset they are and whatnot. Morons.[/quote']

What's the point in that? Expressing different opinions on events is what keeps things interesting.

Andy