aberdeen-music

irony-fatigue

Stripey

What is the world coming to, i mean, someone has made a fucking dukes of hazzard movie. I have come to the conclusion that I am fucking sick of people saying how cool stuff like neighbours, transformers, dukes of hazzard, the a-team, quincy, and 80's cockrock bands are.

Turn around and face the future for fucksake.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the world coming to' date=' i mean, someone has made a fucking dukes of hazzard movie. I have come to the conclusion that I am fucking sick of people saying how cool stuff like neighbours, transformers, dukes of hazzard, the a-team, quincy, and 80's cockrock bands are.

Turn around and face the future for fucksake.[/quote']

a most valid point, there's too much nostalgia going around these days - stuff like transformers, dukes of hazzard, the a team, quincy etc was naff first time round and are still naff today but for some unknown reason a lot of younger folk have jumped on the bandwagon, i guess its the media's fault somehow trying to give the picture that the 60's, 70's and 80's were so much better. whilst there's no harm in looking back its better to focus on the future i feel.

Yeah, fuck the past, who cares what came before us, we shouldn't enjoy watching shows that were made long before we were born, I mean, that's just stupid.

Fuck off.

Just because you can't understand a bit of nostalgia doesn't mean there is anything wrong with folk happening to enjoy watching the old shows. Some of the stuff on tv right now isn't a patch on the old cartoons and tv shows.

And Del sometimes the fact that shows like Quincy are "naff" make them all the more enjoyable :)

Give me Diagnosis Murder over "brand new Doctor Who" any day.

mr_t(med).jpg

Mr T pitys you, foo'.

Yeah' date=' fuck the past, who cares what came before us, we shouldn't enjoy watching shows that were made long before we were born, I mean, that's just [b']stupid.

Fuck off.

Just because you can't understand a bit of nostalgia doesn't mean there is anything wrong with folk happening to enjoy watching the old shows. Some of the stuff on tv right now isn't a patch on the old cartoons and tv shows.

And Del sometimes the fact that shows like Quincy are "naff" make them all the more enjoyable :)

Give me Diagnosis Murder over "brand new Doctor Who" any day.

mr_t(med).jpg

Mr T pitys you, foo'.

I love you.

PS Dukes of Hazzard was my favourite show as a kid, and is still fantastic to this very day (I have the box sets!) tho I am worried Hollywood may have ruined the legacy of the show by making a crap movie.

Agreed. Pfft. NO modern cartoon comes close to the days of Bucky O' Hare and Ulysses 31. And don't get me started on Diagnosis Murder's greatness.

Yes it's horrific that classic programmes are getting remade, but but they dissapear quickly and everyone remembers how great the original was. All works out and the sensible ones make original programmes.

And so forth.

as i said before there's no harm in looking back and i do enjoy watching old programmes but we seem to be gripped with nostalgia at the moment. for the record i loved the original series of the dukes of hazzard, the film looks terrible mind!

Thats precisely what I am talking about, you dimwit. They aren't funny or ironic because they are "naff", they are actually just shit, and I'm sick to death of people like you going on about this crap.

Thats precisely what I am talking about' date=' you dimwit. They aren't funny or ironic because they are "naff", they are actually just shit, and I'm sick to death of people like you going on about this crap.[/quote']

I never said they were funny and ironic, I believe I said that no where in my post you fucking dipshit, perhaps you oughta consider whether or not anyone gives a shit if you're "sick to death" of it. If you are, I suggest you er... ignore it! Jesus, get over it already. You sound like a whiny little brat, you can't even come up with a decent reason for people "like me" not to like/watch these programmes, "they are actually just shit". You're laughable, you do realise that right? :laughing:

I never said they were funny and ironic' date=' I believe I said that no where in my post you fucking dipshit, perhaps you oughta consider whether or not anyone gives a shit if you're "sick to death" of it. If you are, I suggest you er... ignore it! Jesus, get over it already. You sound like a whiny little brat, you can't even come up with a decent reason for people "like me" not to like/watch these programmes, "they are actually just shit". You're laughable, you do realise that right? :laughing:[/color']

I often wonder how people as thick as you manage to remember to breath in and out.

gridlock sucks all the balls. who gives a fuck if other people like stuff that wasn't made in the last 10 minutes. people are free to listen to, watch and talk about whatever the fuck they like. you're in the wasteland here, what do you expect!

get all the way to fuck, you bellpiece.

Amen to that!

I often wonder how people as thick as you manage to remember to breath in and out.

Charmed I'm sure' date=' but naturally you have an IQ superior to everyone on this forum, and we should take everything you say as gospel :)

Face the future! It is in your superior television programmes of the 21st century that will prevent the world from collapsing in on itself![/color']

Guest bluesxman

I bought one of the 'Monkey' videos when they came out because I loved it as a kid. Soon realised it was shite. Theme song is still pretty groovy tho....and his flying pink cloud. And teh fact he looks like Gaz from Supergrass.

What is the world coming to' date=' i mean, someone has made a fucking dukes of hazzard movie. I have come to the conclusion that I am fucking sick of people saying how cool stuff like neighbours, transformers, dukes of hazzard, the a-team, quincy, and 80's cockrock bands are.

Turn around and face the future for fucksake.[/quote']

You used TV shows as your examples, so she simply asked you to produced examples of the wonderful superior TV shows of "the future" that we should be watching instead of our "naff crap".

Personally I think it's actually you who's missed the point and haven't a clue what you're even talking about since you keep shifting, but er... there you go. :)

I bought one of the 'Monkey' videos when they came out because I loved it as a kid. Soon realised it was shite. Theme song is still pretty groovy tho....and his flying pink cloud. And teh fact he looks like Gaz from Supergrass.

Ditto with Knight Rider, that hasn't aged well at all. I still like Dukes of Hazzard and A-Team though, they both stood up to the test of time.