aberdeen-music

fame in the family

Untitled

which darth vader? there's a few different people that could mean

his voice' date=' his body, his face, or haydn.

wow, maybe his breathing too actually

oh, and the little tosser who played him in episode 1[/quote']

It was Dave Prowse, who was the 'body' one, but it was when he was the Green Cross Code man, which doesn't sound quite so great. He should have dressed up as Darth Vader and scared seven shades of shite out of the little blighters :laughing:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally unfamous, but got on the local news. My uncle drove the road sweeper for the council years back. went into a shop one day to get fags or something, and the handbrake didnt go on properly, and mentioned road sweeper went through the doors of the local woolworths....

and people still tried to go into the shop to buy things that day!

It was Dave Prowse' date=' who was the 'body' one, but it was when he was the Green Cross Code man, which doesn't sound quite so great. He should have dressed up as Darth Vader and scared seven shades of shite out of the little blighters :laughing:[/quote']

The Green Cross Code Man came to our primary school! Little did we know that the jolly gigantic man with the Yorkshire accent was Darth Vader, though! My old classmate (who now does match reports on Sportsound on a Saturday afternoon) had to go in a go - kart and act out a scene with Mr Prowse - legendary!

I met Blink 182 at Leeds 2 years ago.

Have been on North tonight several times for standing outside the town house, putting up Belarussian kids in our house, meeting Jack Mcconnell and country dancing. Was also interviewed about studying at University.

Sat next to an Olympian (Michael Johnson of Trinidad and Tobago) on a Plane journey once, he was sound as a pound and even gave me some signed Trinidad money.

My uncle - Jimmy Mitchell - has been in the Papers and Television heaps of times and was interviewed for running the London Marathon by the Sun and even got a few minutes of time on BBC one before the Marathon actually started.

My fathers uncle is ('Remeber the name') Sandy Thain the Inverurie and beyond car dealer who had ( / has? ) a billboar in Pittodrie for years.

At work i've served heaps of local 'celebrities' like that Prat from Big Brother, Willie Miller and heaps of other Dons, the last 2 Lady Provists, a heap of the North Tonight presenters and i sold a bald Stuart Milne the copy of the EE that exposed his wig!

I've met david prowse' date=' peter mayhew (chewbacca), jermey bulloch (boba fett), kenny baker and Mr Bronson from Grange Hill.[/quote']

I'm quite shocked that after knowing the real names of Chewie and Boba Fett you didn't use "Mr Bronson's" real name or even his Star Wars name!

I personally prefer his "You Boy!" guise, but millions of Star Wars fans would disagree, I'm sure.................

I'm quite shocked that after knowing the real names of Chewie and Boba Fett you didn't use "Mr Bronson's" real name or even his Star Wars name!

I personally prefer his "You Boy!" guise' date=' but millions of Star Wars fans would disagree, I'm sure.................[/quote']

It's micheal shead or something along those lines, couldn't make out his signature properly and the rest were easier to read. He is also an Aberdonian.

jonny lucifer would be wetting himself if he got to meet all those star wars people. we're going to ComicCon next year so i'm sure we'll meet someone cool but unable to find gainful employment in a post-star wars world.

I met them all here in Aberdeen 7 years ago at a star trek convention of all things, they only had two people connected with star trek :laughing:

Guest haigyman
I met them all here in Aberdeen 7 years ago at a star trek convention of all things' date=' they only had two people connected with star trek :laughing:[/quote']

which two!?

My mum is good friends with Roddy Woombles mum. Has its benefits, got a vip ticket to Idlewilds last gig in the deen.

My sister is mates with the Guitarist from snow patrol (nathan). I met him at a party once before he was in snow patrol, he was dressed as Cruella De Ville and I was a Lost Boy. I was drunk and he was, ahem, something else...

I was on North Tonight recently walking down Belmont Street. It was a feature about how Aberdeen is becoming more trendy which makes me extremely cool 8)

I met Chino Moreno, the singer from the Deftones and my all time hero this year in Glasgow. I was also on the news ages ago, falling down a hill in a bright yellow sweater when an exchange teacher from Japan came to my primary school in Shetland.

My Dad was on....fuck...it was on ITV and there were different groups like the Aberdeen Womens Guild vs Aberdeen Coastguard and such like. My Dad was on that...for the Aberdeen Coastguard...sporting the best 80s cockduster I've ever seen.

My Uncle is a HUGE Rangers fan and has flown out to European games with the team, met pretty much all the players/managers frequently for the past...20 years? And is on first name terms with the chairman. On another Rangers related note, my brother got stood up by Alex McCleish's (sp?) daughter but eventually got a date with her much to her fathers surprise when my Uncle mentioned it to him.

I've met david prowse' date=' peter mayhew (chewbacca), jermey bulloch (boba fett), kenny baker and Mr Bronson from Grange Hill.[/quote']

I've met David Prowse, Kenny Baker and Ian McDiarmid all on totally unrelated random occasions. Why can't I meet non Star Wars celebs??

Don't think anyone in my family is famous. My Dad is infamous for getting drunk at The Great Keith Show a few years back and having his rigger boots stolen off his feet while asleep in the pub. My uncle used to tell me he played for Aberdeen but that was a lie. Not very exciting. :down:

On another Rangers related note' date=' my brother got stood up by Alex McCleish's (sp?) daughter but eventually got a date with her much to her fathers surprise when my Uncle mentioned it to him.[/quote']

My family used to know their family. I'm pretty sure the daughter must be about 12, unless there is an older one too.