aberdeen-music

Do Ghosts exist?

timson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm CONVINCED i saw one in Grimsby in the hotel we were staying at. The fire alarm went off and i looked towards the bathroom and i saw a seven foot man opening the door. i thought it was a work man or a robber so i shouted HELLO?? but he didn't answer. then he pressed a button and the fire alarm went off, he took a double take and then vanished. I'm certain it was a ghost.

i'm CONVINCED i saw one in Grimsby in the hotel we were staying at. The fire alarm went off and i looked towards the bathroom and i saw a seven foot man opening the door. i thought it was a work man or a robber so i shouted HELLO?? but he didn't answer. then he pressed a button and the fire alarm went off' date=' he took a double take and then vanished. I'm certain it was a ghost.[/quote']

Great story and to think I put up this forum killing time between exams :rockon:

Guest RockMonkey

Seen one (although I was six and it could have been hyperactive imagination). Seemed to have one or more in a flat I lived in in Great western road. Things kept flying off shelves in the bathroom (yes i did check the shelves out with a spirit level) and once when i was on the loo in that flat something whispered "Jo" in my ear i jumped off the loo so quick i had to go mop up later on. frightfully embarrassing. Thought there might have been a ghost at my new house but it turned out to be a fox eating the contents of my rubbish bin.

who knows? i still watch most haunted though because i am a sad loser who has no life and i like to watch yvette fielding scream her head off because she's bumped into one of the tech crew in the dark.

I tend to feel life's more exciting if you believe in them, but that doesn't mean you have to believe in an afterlife or whatever. Maybe they're some kind of recording scarred into a place, who knows.

Whether or not they do exist, I have a couple of cool stories to offer here, and please don't just respond by saying "all in your imagination" or "you were dreaming" or whatever. Who cares, they're good stories.

The first one happened to a friend of mine who was a prison guard. He and his wife moved to a new house, guy was a real happy-go-lucky type, and one time I saw him he was completely shaken. He told me that his wife had felt a little uneasy since they'd moved, but he'd scoffed at such things. Then the previous night they were asleep and he woke up sensing something was wrong. He opened his eyes to find he was lying facing his wife, who was sound asleep, and standing behind her by the bed was a man staring at her with a look of absolute hate. He was petrified, but the man seemed totally unaware of anything but the wife.

My mate got out of bed, trying not to wake his wife, and walked to the foot of the bed and stood watching the man. Then he watched the man walk round to the opposite side of the bed, never once breaking his gaze from the wife. He approached him. The man the began to walk back to his original spot. My mate decidedto simply grab him. A split second before he did the man suddenly broke his gaze from the wife and looked directly at him.

My friend reached out to grab him, and he vanished.

I can't ever express how freaked he was telling me that story, and he confessed he got back into bed and cried his eyes out. he went and told the prison chaplain. he was so frightened.

I've had a couple of puzzling experiences, one in particular, but I'll save it for another time, bit knackered typing that all out!

I have a photo of one, but without a full explanation and showing the photo, I just look crazy.

On an unrelated note, my parents used to own the Brig Inn Hotel in the Bridge of Don, and when we bought it alot of people told us Room 6 was haunted. I went in there during the day once, so I wouldn't know. But I hated going up the stairs to the hotel at night, very very long corridor with a glass door at the end, so when you look along it you see a faint reflection of yourself in the distance. Scared the fuck out of me numerous times. I think that place was haunted actually, I'm sure someone killed themselves there a good few years ago, and to be fair we did have a dead body in the owner's accomodation for a few days. Not quite the hotel itself, but it was near enough.

My mother always goes on about how you should fear the living more than the dead, so she must have felt the same chills in the place too before she said that.

I currently live in a 4 storey Victorian townhouse, and again, the top floor is a place I rarely venture to at night. Although you do get a beautiful view of the city, I am petrified that a ghost will butcher me to death up there.

I don't cope all that well when the dead are concerned.

Oh, just read the one about the prison guard which reminded me of a similar experience/experiences. It's a very long story, but the jist of it is that I awoke in the middle of the night and was paralysed, whilst being suffocated on my pillow. I had a really deafening noise right in my ear for about 3/4 minutes and felt myself being tied to the bed. I couldn't make a single sound, but when I managed to, I screamed and felt the ropes breaking around my wrist, turned round and there was a figure dressed completely in black, of about 7 foot tall, at the end of my bed staring at me. It then walked out of my wall. That was a very abridged version. It happened to lesser extremes for a long time after that, getting decreasingly frequent. After a while of not knowing what the fuck was happening to me, and why I regularly thought I was being killed in my sleep, I researched a bit and discovered that I suffer from 'Night Terrors', which most kids up to about 6 years old get mildly, but is very uncommon in anyone older than about 10. They are caused by heaps of things, but 'emotional trauma' is one of the killers. So yeah, thought ghosts were killing me, turns out I was just having really vivid semi-concious nightmares.