aberdeen-music

Worst Places to Live in Britain

kirkt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Ayr and Stranraer. Both are fucking awful, Ayr is totally full of ugly, Burberry-clad, triple-buggy wielding scum. Stranraer is full of loud-mouth, alcoholic Irish bastards who you have to spent the next 2 hours with on the ferry across to Belfast. The sort of people that are incapable of having a conversation without saying 'fuckin' every 3 words and shout when they speak to their friends.

Mike

Being from Glasgow... I am fully aware of how shit certain regions of it are... however' date=' it pisses me off when people generalise it... there are some beautiful parts of Glasgow....whilst in the same breath there are particularly shitty bits.

Here's some photos of where I grew up...

[img']http://www.greenbankglasgow.org.uk/images/Churchfront.jpg

Church1.jpg.

which church is that? I think I recgonise it (also from Glasgow)

Actually' date=' Ayr and Stranraer. Both are fucking awful, Ayr is totally full of ugly, Burberry-clad, triple-buggy wielding scum. Stranraer is full of loud-mouth, alcoholic Irish bastards who you have to spent the next 2 hours with on the ferry across to Belfast. The sort of people that are incapable of having a conversation without saying 'fuckin' every 3 words and shout when they speak to their friends.

Mike[/quote']

Hooray! Stranraer Is where I'm from. Someone knows how bad it is!

I think you're forgetting there's also parts of Belfast that you wouldn't go into because they are full of republican nutters ie. Falls Road and Short Strand.

yes your quite right and i should have stated that. strabane got third, its 15 miles from me and is not an unpleasant place at all but it does have high unemployment which was one of the main reasons it got so high on the list, i cant believe nottingham was second, i've been there a few times and thought it was quite a nice place but it does have a high murder rate.

as i suspected sounds like a load of old bollocks this list....

The Paddingtons come from hull. Can't be that bad.

I went to falkirk once' date=' its shit.[/quote']

Don't remind me. I went to college with the drummer. Hull has such a creative music scene and shite like this is in the charts. Check out Freaks Union, Silence in the Streets, Swordface, Dumpvalve, Fonda 500, Emma Rugg, Salako, The Flatline, The City Ghosts...it used to have Whizzwood, Scarper, Dead Method, Lithium Joe, The Housemartins, Mick Ronson, Kingmaker. I hope its never remembered for The Paddingtons. It's not the nicest of places I must admit but theres a lot of good points about it.

Yeah we played Falkirk last month. I never want to return!

Don't remind me. I went to college with the drummer. Hull has such a creative music scene and shite like this is in the charts. Check out Freaks Union' date=' Silence in the Streets, Swordface, Dumpvalve, Fonda 500, Emma Rugg, Salako, The Flatline, The City Ghosts...it used to have Whizzwood, Scarper, Dead Method, Lithium Joe, The Housemartins, Mick Ronson, Kingmaker. I hope its never remembered for The Paddingtons. It's not the nicest of places I must admit but theres a lot of good points about it.

Yeah we played Falkirk last month. I never want to return![/quote']

Thought you like the paddingtons?

The Housemartins - didn't they do that song? I think spunge covered it on their covers album.

I supported em cos they were from Hull, that was the only reason. Now I wish I never cos they acted like total rockstars when I played with em at Kef in April.

Which song did (spunge) cover? The Housemartins featured Norman Cook aka-Fatboy Slim on bass and 2 of them went on to form The Beautiful South. Hull is featured in many Housemartins and Beautiful South videos. Actually my ex-girlfriend featured in a Beautiful South video when she was little. I dunno which one though.

i second Grimsby. my dad's fromthere so we go EVERY year to see relatives. most boring town ever. plus there are more bams than in aberdeen.

HOWEVER, Grimsby is home to the biggest freezer in Northern Europe (bout the size of 2 B&Q's), back in the 90s more pizzas were made in Grimsby than in the WHOLE of Italy (due to the massive frozen food factories), and back in the 60s, or a similar time, Grimsby had the biggest fishing port in the WORLD. So i guess it can't be that dull.

but it is.

also, Hull.

Greenbank Parish Church' date=' it's in Clarkston. I used to live in Waterfoot (ickle place literally sandwiched between Eaglesham and Clarkston. (like half a mile from eaglesham... and the same from clarkston)

:)

All of this is south on East Kilbride... and a couple of miles from newtonmerns.[/quote']

oh right, dont know it then. but it looked really familiar. cheers for the help though man :D

Guest DustyDeviada
Aberdeen' date=' Im not kidding.[/quote']

Piss off somewhere else then, Hog. I'm not kidding.*

*Ok, actually I am. But don't you come from Forres or something? And you think Aberdeen's shit? Ha ha.

I sort of support scunthorpe's footy club' date=' only because they have cunt in their name.

meh.[/quote']

They're cunts. The fans disrupted the one minute silence for David Rocastle back in 2001 and they have a mascot called the scunny bunny which is hilarious really.

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester is a shit hole. When I was down there, I took my son to a park. When I got there it was smarming with police and they appeared to be pulling every asian family over as they entered the car park. Then I watched them seize at least 6 cars from the asians because they had no insurance or road tax. It was quite funny watching them all lose their cars and there was about 30 of them all ordering taxis. The park was also a shit hole. Kinda like Duthie Park but bigger, uglier and dirtier.

According to Channel 4: Number 1 Hull!? What an injustice. It's not as bad as they said. Honest. Wow I went to the worst school there too. But I'd rather go to Hull than Hartlepool or Falkirk. What do you think is the worst place in the UK?

leave my hometown outa it. hartlepool isnt THAT bad