aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

i think people should give foster a break, like calderwood has.

he is clearly a good footballer, hes still young, he quick, he can beat player. and obvously he makes a few errors. i think he will become a good player for us, one we will regret letting go if he doesnt sign a new deal.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think people should give foster a break' date=' like calderwood has.

he is clearly a good footballer, hes still young, he quick, he can beat player. and obvously he makes a few errors. i think he will become a good player for us, one we will regret letting go if he doesnt sign a new deal.[/quote']

I was going to follow up that with a "you are really Richard Foster, now go away" type gag.

However, you have actually just said that Richard Foster is "clearly a good footballer."

I understand the rest of your sentence is typed in broken pigin English, but you have just said that Richard Foster is "clearly a good footballer."

Richard Foster? Clearly good?

I mean, Richard FUCKIN FOSTER????????

Clearly good?

You are clearly insane. Or clearly don't go to any games.

Foster has shown tiny glimpses of being a good footballer in my opinion. however, his major downfall is as soon as he makes ONE mistake his confidence - and with it, any ability to do anything constructive such as a run, control a ball, kick it or tackle - he may come good, he may not, hes still young you never know. one thing for certain though is that hes not first team material.

dempsey had a good game the week before and in the first half on saturday. but playing him when griffin/mcfarlane could do a better job is hard to understand. dempsey is not good enough to hold down a starting eleven, but i do think he is adequate cover. another of jimmy's favourites though.

Severin is a shadow of his former self, hopefully he can regain his form asap. we need our best players to carry the team these days im afraid.

Diamond needs a break of the first team to get his head straight.

Lovell needs service. TO HIS FEET. he's not very good in the air, especially with the hopeless balls our defence hump up. anytime he's had the ball at his feet he's look well dangerous. and, as he showed on saturday, if there is a loose ball in the box you can bet he is going to put it away. he can't do that with no balls in the box though.

mackie has lost whatever he had last season and gone back to being gash.

Is it an improvement on Paterson though? of course it is. do you not remember how unbelievably shite we were under Pele? ANYONE would be better than him, and the two Jimmys are certainly an improvement on him.

Personally, i dont think we could get anyone better than JC. i also believe that he is a good manager, as he's shown with last season, taking us from 11th to joint 3rd. however, he really does need to stop picking his chums, and playing the most absurd formations in order to fit them all into the first team! oh, and if he stop speaking the pish of the highest order to the press that would be appreciated too.

I was going to follow up that with a "you are really Richard Foster' date=' now go away" type gag.

However, you have actually just said that Richard Foster is "clearly a good footballer."

I understand the rest of your sentence is typed in broken pigin English, but you have just said that [b']Richard Foster is "clearly a good footballer."

Richard Foster? Clearly good?

I mean, Richard FUCKIN FOSTER????????

Clearly good?

You are clearly insane. Or clearly don't go to any games.

ive been a season ticket holder for 14 years.

what i mean is mabye richard foster isint good anoth at this level, but i bet he could skin your fucking ass.

muirhead was a good player but he wasnt good anoth for aberdeen

What a fuckin farce.

For starters' date=' Clark at left back. Why?

Second - Dempsey - In general - Why?

Third - Foster - summed up his Aberdeen career so far by running past two defenders to the by - line then falling on his arse in his attempt to kick it. Ricky, it's not personal - we just hate you. You can't play football, now fuck off.

We have McFarlene and Griffin sitting on the bench "playing for their futures" according to Jimmy. Well give them a fucking game and let them play for their futures, you dickhead. I would have given both of them deals before I gave Foster and even McCaulay new deals. Griffin has played more football than both of them this season and has proven himself as fit and can obviously play in a number of positions. McFarlene hasn't had the same chance, but he's clearly so much better than Dempsey and Foster in midfield. I simply cannot fathom why Claderwood rates Dempsey and Foster so highly. They really are two terrible players.

Severin is not interested anymore - hasn't been since he signed his new deal to be fair.

Lovell was playing the best football of his Dons career and grabbed two great striker's goals then was starved of any sort of service for the remainder of the game. Did we actually get a shot on target in the second half?

And has anyone else noticed that Mackie is absolutely fucking gash nowadays?

Never a free kick which led to thier second goal, but let's not blame the terrible refeereing - we were shite after our two goals.

Let's get a mangager who picks the team on merit and plays a settled formation every week. And doesn't blame the players for poor performances every week when they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

Top six looks ever more doubtful now.

Thank God we are getting the train at 9 on Saturday - I doubt I'll remember anything about the game. Could be advantageous.

Is this an improvement from Paterson? What does Willie make of all this?[/quote']

Firstly let me say I agree with most of what you have said. Foster is dire, he doesnt have the confidence and i'm getting pissed off at listening to games on the radio and hearing the commentator getting excited at Foster going past a few players and getting himself into a good position only to enevitably shit himself and fuck it up. It just builds up my hopes and puts me in an incredibly foul mood. I see what Calderwood sees in him ( I think) he is pretty pacey and all but my god the boy bottles it far too often. It can be summed up in champ terms as a 1 for decision making. He is useful though to bring on near the end to protect a lead by injecting fresh pace into the team at a time when the opposition will be wanting to come forward as much as possible. The same goes for Mackie, he can do a job but hes very much a subsitute player. Dempsey has no excuse. He's just piss. I cringe when I see him starting. Griffen is the perfect person to fill in for him, especially with Nicholson injured. Mcfarelen is a jerk but at least he gets stuck in without giving away stupid fouls (read penalties)

With regards to Calderwood, I think last season has done him more harm than good. If someone had asked me three years ago if I would be satisfied with a top 6 place then ofcourse I would have said yes. Last season seems to have set an absurd benchmark that has been hinted at with good results against the better opposition but has ultimately served only to frustrate.

In conclusion, I'm all for Jimmy but I will still call him a wanker when he starts Dempsey ahead of any other fit midfielder.

ive been a season ticket holder for 14 years.

what i mean is mabye richard foster isint good anoth at this level' date=' but i bet he could skin your fucking ass.

muirhead was a good player but he wasnt good anoth for aberdeen[/quote']

You said Richard Foster was clearly a good footballer.

Tell me why he's clearly good.

I've seen him play in every game bar one he's participated in this season and there has been not one scrap of evidence that shows he's "clearly good." The same went for last season.

To be honest, if any professional footballer couldn't skin my" fucking ass" i'd be a bit concerned. But i'm willing to make an expection for Foster. It wouldn't matter anyway, every time he skins (well I'll use the term lightly, as all he seems to be able to do is knock it ten yards past the opposition and leg it after the ball) anyone he just falls on his arse, misses the goal by a mile or puts a cross into oblivion.

If you mean he's "clearly good" because he plays for Aberdeen or he's a professional footballer, remember Thor Kristjannsen from last season? Jimmy went to the trouble of actually signing him. And what a player he was..................

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 1-1 Satan's Revolting XI

I'll have to take it, I suppose. 11 points clear of Lavvy now so we should be OK for staying up. I'd imagine the raging, six-fingered, web-toed F****** hoorbags are thinking the same thing as well.

Yet another shocker of a game.

Snoyl being substituted for Foster sums it up nicely.

As does playing Dempesy the whole game and taking McFarlene on with 2 minutes to go.

And leaving Griffin out altogether when we needed some bite in midfield.

And, second only to Foster coming on to make an arse of himself again - Diamond coming off for Stewart!

The pitch invasion was pointless - you'd think we'd just clinched third place or won the cup. Wowee - we've given ourselves a chance of making the top six. All the hallmarks of a team who spent half a mill in the close season and were aiming to improve on last season.

Having said all that I have been very impressed with Steve Lovell and he is playing like I remember him playing for Dundee. He is a very good striker and would be even better with decent service. Smith could provide this if he was a bit more direct and concentrated on good early balls. He can do it, so with a bit more organisation we could certainly have more of an impact up front.

If McFarlene and Griffin are binned and Dempsey stays while Macualay and Foster get new deals (I'm pretty sure it's going this way if we don't make top 6) then next season will be just as poor.

And Caley having 0 shots on target is really quite shocking.

Big up to the Caley Supporter's Club, though - 6.30 for seven nips. oh yes!

The pitch invasion was pointless - you'd think we'd just clinched third place or won the cup. Wowee - we've given ourselves a chance of making the top six. All the hallmarks of a team who spent half a mill in the close season and were aiming to improve on last season.

Oh my god, that's embarrassing. The bounce at Hibs should be good though.