aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

No Seve?!

Personally I'd play Nicholson on the right' date=' i think hes shown he can do a job there the last few weeks, snoyl on the left, McFarlane and Seve protecting a back 4 of Griffin, Cadger, Zander and Kev. Mackie and Lovell up front.[/quote']

Shit, how could I forget the great man! I think I was going to put him at the back instead of Diamond, but must have forgotten him. Just like Walter Smith seems to have done........

Nicholson needs to improve to justify the £250,000 price tag in my opinion. That was a lot of cash for a club like us and you expect a top quality player - I don't think he's reached top quality yet. I think he needs to be in the middle to add creativity - Clark and Snoyl are better at running at defenders and can put in better balls I think.

We still need a ruthless striker to compete with the teams above us, although I think things are starting to change for the better and we have a better shape (when we are actually playing and not trying to protect a lead.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

Had Foster not bottled that one on one with boruc (yet another great goal scoring oppertunity) I think Aberdeen might have went on to get a result. It was the best chance of the game up until that point for both teams. Disappointing that it ended 3-0. When you're at Parkhead, you really need to take your chance when it comes, and that's what let Aberdeen down. Might have been a completely different game had Aberdeen scored..

Had Foster not bottled that one on one with boruc (yet another great goal scoring oppertunity) I think Aberdeen might have went on to get a result. It was the best chance of the game up until that point for both teams. Disappointing that it ended 3-0. When you're at Parkhead' date=' you really need to take your chance when it comes, and that's what let Aberdeen down. Might have been a completely different game had Aberdeen scored..[/quote']

Hmmm...nah. :up:

Guest neil ex
celtics home support is shocking. 3 - 0 up and they still never sang nothing. when the wee kids tried they were just applauded or outsung by the dandies.

aberdeens support was spot on. two mins to go and we're singing we're gonna win 4-3. class

Yeah, Celtic have a great travelling support but they're home support is shite. 2-0 up and Parkhead was half empty.

Guest neil ex
No' date=' but had Aberdeen scored then Celtic would have hammered them even more ferociously.[/quote']

Nah didn't' think you were at the game. It's hard to get to 'home' games when you choose to support a club that live 100 miles away.

STAND FREE!

Aberdeen would have been lucky to have gone up 0-1 no question but the way the game was going Aberdeen just might have held on for atleast a point had they done so. You might have seen the highlights last night on Scotsport SPL? A poor indication of the match. The highlights that chose to ignore two injury inducing 'tackles', one which was right infront of that cowardly excuse for a ref mccurry (credit to him though for actually giving a free-kick), one from non other than (YEP YOU GUESSED IT!) Bobo Balde.

PS What was Sarah O wearing last night?!

Guest DustyDeviada
Yeah' date=' Celtic have a great travelling support but they're home support is shite. 2-0 up and Parkhead was half empty.[/quote']

I really don't understand why people spend a fortune going to the football and then leave before the end, especially when their team is winning.

Celtic's third goal was excellent, but loads of their supporters wouldn't have even seen it.

Guest neil ex
I really don't understand why people spend a fortune going to the football and then leave before the end' date=' especially when their team is winning.

Celtic's third goal was excellent, but loads of their supporters wouldn't have even seen it.[/quote']

I know. I tend to enjoy the game when my team are winning. Also I want to stay to show my appreciation at the end by applauding my team off the pitch.

Guest DustyDeviada
I know. I tend to enjoy the game when my team are winning. Also I want to stay to show my appreciation at the end by applauding my team off the pitch.

I even stayed around 'till the end when Livi beat us 6-1.

Don't think I applauded the Dons off the pitch though.

thats becuase hte majority of their suport would need to get back indoors for the curfew time of 5pm or catch flights back to ireland or generally travel back home the 200 or so miles.

Funnily enough I was in Glasgow at the weekend and there were a heap of Irish guys staying at my hotel, I assume they were at the game.

Also saw Lennon pushing a pram up Byres Road on the Sunday afternoon, but I resisted the temptation to punch him.

I even stayed around 'till the end when Livi beat us 6-1.

Don't think I applauded the Dons off the pitch though.

Funnily enough I was in Glasgow at the weekend and there were a heap of Irish guys staying at my hotel' date=' I assume they were at the game.

Also saw Lennon pushing a pram up Byres Road on the Sunday afternoon, but I resisted the temptation to punch him.[/quote']

why did you resist - its not like he could catch you is it!! haha!

Guest DustyDeviada
why did you resist - its not like he could catch you is it!! haha!

:up:

Firstly I'm a lover, not a fighter, and secondly he is technically a professional athelete *cough* whereas I was totally hung over from the night before.

Didn't two guys from Aberdeen get charged for hassling him before? I think they got kicked out of Uni or something.

Firstly I'm a lover' date=' not a fighter, and secondly he is technically a professional athelete *cough* whereas I was totally hung over from the night before.

Didn't two guys from Aberdeen get charged for hassling him before? I think they got kicked out of Uni or something.[/quote']

Dunno, if they were from Aberdeen but they got chucked out of uni. If i ever see them up here (first i need to find out what they look like) they're getting their skulls caved in.

Guest neil ex

Caldo left out McFarlane and Lovell (Lovell worked hard last week, and actually looked fit).. WHY? I'm presuming Snoyl maybe needed a rest as he didn't start either (I hope that was the reason). Last week he played our best midfielder upfront against the league leaders away from home. We need a bit of consistency with the line ups. It's a different team every single week. I'm fucking pissed off right now. Bound to be a shite turn out next week for Livi at home.

Caldo left out McFarlane and Lovell (Lovell worked hard last week' date=' and actually looked fit).. WHY? I'm presuming Snoyl maybe needed a rest as he didn't start either (I hope that was the reason). Last week he played our best midfielder upfront against the league leaders away from home. We need a bit of consistency with the line ups. It's a different team every single week. I'm fucking pissed off right now. Bound to be a shite turn out next week for Livi at home.[/quote']

I knew the dons would get beat today; i was so sure, that i put a 5 on it. Shame i made it a double with a Caley win against Hearts *(which according to radio, we could've won about 3-0 if it wasn't for world class saves from Gordon). Good thing i put a 1 on no goal scorer in that game too, at 8-1, so i've made about 3- so the equivelant of a free pint tonight.

We both could've done with Motherwell losing today. C'mon Livi next week!!

Firstly I'm a lover' date=' not a fighter, and secondly he is technically a professional athelete *cough* whereas I was totally hung over from the night before.

Didn't two guys from Aberdeen get charged for hassling him before? I think they got kicked out of Uni or something.[/quote']

I think they were two med students who studied (and fought), in Glasgow